Cadillac Owners Forum banner
414K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  greencadillacmatt 
#1 ·
I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we show our cars as they sit right now...without being cleaned and prepped at all.

Here's mine as of this morning. It snowed last Friday night, and I hadn't washed it yet....so it's caked in salt. But I washed it this afternoon, so it's clean now.

See less See more
#108 ·
^ With it riding that low I hope you plan on painting it flat black and polish the hell out of those bumpers.

#110 ·
Thats going to be one mean 68! Do you have an air/hydraulic lift in that car or is that a fixed drop?

And in the spirit of candid photo's, below is a very candid one of mine....so candid its not completely clothed...damn nails.

And yes though it doesn't look like it, there is a jackstand under the car just in front of the cheap Craftsman jack that is getting replaced very very soon.

#113 ·
My car, Ruthie's '93 Sedan deVille and Brian's dad's '93 LS400, which he is temporarily using, now that he has no vehicle of his own.

We're a classy bunch. :cool2:

#116 ·
#120 ·
Geoffrey, Ted or Ed.

#124 ·
I used to think it was funny to do that with my '79 DeVille too.

It was at the vo-tech that I sometimes drove to (went every morning of high school for last 2yrs) a girl that liked me was in criminal justice or something similar and part of their day was to go out and write parking tickets (sorta like points against school permit) for the parked cars... walked out to the car one day to see a note that said "This is not a compact car! but your side [opra] lights are cool! I'm letting you go, Have fun! *heart* [her name]

#129 ·
You sold the Windstar and bought the Explorer??

#130 ·
My beautiful Windstar doesn't pass emissions and I don't feel like spending $450 every 2 years just to get a "conditional pass". There have been minor things breaking and I keep fixing it but it's just not worth it anymore... I'm looking at about a grand to get it to pass emissions and to spend that $$ on an older car like that didn't make sense. I loved it and still do, but having to worry about it all the time was driving me nuts. When shit breaks it usually breaks in the winter too; too cold to fix it myself. Just last month the power steering pump went. My father and I replaced it, then the week after the power steering return hose went. Couldn't do that ourselves in this weather and had to spend $200 for that.

It's sitting on my lawn right now. It'll be retired soon. I wish I had somewhere to park it so I could fix it when I have the time.

#131 ·
Well that sucks but your new Ford is infinitely better.

#135 ·
My Dad had an Explorer as a rental car about 6 month back. Too plastic-y for my liking (then again I'm used to a Mercedes and an upscale Toyota, oxymoron??) . Plus the shifter was directly behind the center counsel so I wacked my elbow a good number of times driving that thing. I can imagine it's a good DD though, good luck Jon!

#136 ·
upscale Toyota, oxymoron??
Yes, also an oxymoron. :)

In all reality though I do like the Avalons. They are comfortable and spacious for a decent price. Kind of the cheap luxury predecessor of the Genesis.

#138 ·
I have a friend who's nuts about Explorers. In the ~8 months I've known him, he's had two. A 2001 XLT that was rear ended at 55 (he did pretty good in the accident) and an '04 Eddie Bauer with the 4.0L V6....pretty slick truck if I say so myself.

#140 ·
Pulled Sabrina out of the garage today to get out the lawn mower that's parked between the cars. Took a few very candid shots of the two Cadillacs. Poor Cruella is very dirty; she really does have whitewalls up front, I swear. Sabrina doesn't look too bad even after a couple days of rain.

#141 ·
Man, Cruella looks long compared to Sabrina, even though she's only 3-4 inches longer...

#145 ·
Took these just now. Its April and of course it decided to snow. I was mostly out there because I was bored and I felt like playing with different shutter speeds and lighting and stuff. I was surprised at how good the night pictures are for a $165 Canon camera. It is an A2000 that I got my Mom for Christmas. The first few pictures I took with the front lights on which helped greatly. I also have a tripod.

Its some nasty sticky stuff too.

There is something awesome under there.

#147 ·
I spent about 6 hours cleaning the outside of my car today. I washed it, clay bared it and then waxed it and polished up the chrome. Its blinding now. I took these when the tire shine was still wet so it looks kinda blotchy. Tomorrow and Wednesday I need to work on the interior.

#158 · (Edited)
Beautiful car! I'd reccomend a set of wire wheels... heck even the factory wire spoked hub caps looked really good, I think it'd really make the car stand out. That is unless you really like the dog dish caps.

I know on my past Cadillacs and my Lincoln, buying a new/NOS hood ornament made it feel like driving a whole new car.... odd how that played with the mind I guess.

BTW, FWD and RWD hood ornaments are NOT interchangable. Besides the size, they use an entirely different base setup.

SMILE! Candid:

The 20-yr update continues.... may as well be a brand new car by the time I'm done with it...

#148 ·
WOW! Wish the paint and chrome was that nice on my car.

I'll give you another tip, replace those faded ornaments. I bought all of mine off of ebay, brand new, for pretty reasonable prices. The c-pillar wreaths have pegs on the back, so make sure you get ones with pegs, they come without pegs as well. Replacing them really makes the car just pop and look brand new.

#149 ·
Yeah, its on my to do list. The ornamentation on my '88 looks brand spankin' new and it is nice. The other ornaments (C-pillar and trunk) on my '90 are in pretty nice shape but the hood ornament is long gone. The cheapest one I can find on Ebay is like $45 though. :(

Haha, I just noticed you can see my Wal-Mart Pharmacy sign in the fourth picture. We had to replace the signs on the cart corrals at work so I took three of them home to be used to shooting targets. They are surprisingly think so hopefully the .22 won't ricochet on me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.