Cadillac Owners Forum banner
414K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  greencadillacmatt 
#1 ·
I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we show our cars as they sit right now...without being cleaned and prepped at all.

Here's mine as of this morning. It snowed last Friday night, and I hadn't washed it yet....so it's caked in salt. But I washed it this afternoon, so it's clean now.

See less See more
#38 ·
I like that two-tone paint scheme on that 3500...very '80s. :thumbsup:

#40 ·
Thats a beauty of a truck Mike. Second best body style behind the 80's white trash lookin ones. Your winter car is also in very good shape for a "beater." My winter truck is all holey (not Jesus Holy).

#45 ·
Okay, I know I'm a little late here but it took me a while to borrow a camera that works. It snowed here the past few days and IL is the king of the salt spreaders so its pretty nasty. Here are the pics of my truck since the Caddy is in storage. I have also recently added 8 ft. of stainless steel wonder to the back of it. :) I have a confirmed range of 9 miles in the city but have yet to see what it will do on the open highway.

Some pretty bad ass icicles that have been on there for about 2 days.

The back is easily the messiest part because that is where I throw all my school stuff.

And here is what the Caddy looks like right now.

And this is the only thing that reminds me of what awaits come spring time. :)

#47 · (Edited)
Its actually a Fleetwood, but all small body caddies from the late 80's (DeVille, FWD Fleetwood, Eldos and to an extent even the Sevilles) look the same when they are under a car cover.

#53 ·
Orginal paint. I use blue coral wash that you can get at autozone, etc. I really need to put a coat of wax on it, polish the stainless trim, and polish the chrome plated trim. To be truthful, the paint really needs a good polish with an expert detailer and a buffer. The wheels are pretty damn gross as well, I need to take them off and really clean in there with a toothbrush.

#54 ·
OH MY GOD!! That car is AMAZING!

#55 ·
Not so much "candid" but the Lincoln has felt left out since the purchase of the BMW and all... I just fixed it from the broken thermostat water outlet bolt and have been driving it around the past few days... it's been a couple months since I really drove it much, it's like a whole different driving experience. So, today after work I decided to wash it (not a full detail) and go down the road into the small "downtown" area of my small town for a few quick pics...

That caboose is part of the small depot/history museum of this little town, that railway is an active freight line.

I am not going to sell it like I thought I may... it is just hardly getting used much, mostly in the colder months and when I need to drive more then 2 people (rare) as I prefer to take the BMW on roadtrips... still, the Lincoln is a nice car, and will get it's share of use, otherwise it stays parked in the driveway under it's own cover, just like the BMW. Heh, it feels nearly brand new and very refined when compared to the BMW, but thats also why I like the old BMW, it's a drivers car and it tells you how it feels :)

#58 ·
I know the title of this thread is "Candid" but since there was no calendar this year and I went to all this trouble I wanted to share some of pics/photoshops from this past year.

#61 ·
Gizmo, your car NEVER fails to amaze. :thumbsup:

#65 ·
This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.