Cadillac Owners Forum banner
414K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  greencadillacmatt 
#1 ·
I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we show our cars as they sit right now...without being cleaned and prepped at all.

Here's mine as of this morning. It snowed last Friday night, and I hadn't washed it yet....so it's caked in salt. But I washed it this afternoon, so it's clean now.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll take a picture of mine for you. Its in storage and covered by a giant silver cover so it looks like a UFO.

#3 ·

As usual my Fleetwood is my most visually appealing car, a little dirty, white walls aren't exactly white with some brake dust but still the eye candy of my driveway.....

My DeVille is partially bondoed with a buncha pieces of trim missing from the hood and pretty filthy, I gotta clean it soon, just got it started the other day......

My Taurus is its usual filthy self but is riding on still new Bridgestones and just had the whole front end done so it rides very well. That car just hit around 140k and is in the neighborhood for a tune up pretty soon. It rained last night, still no serious snow here! *furuoisly knocks on wood*

#4 ·
Being as OCD as I am... they never get "candid."

This is how the Tahoe looked after the 1,500 mile drive from FL to IL.

#6 ·
I like this thread. Here is my car with snow wheels on, covered in a salty salt residue, sitting at work. You can compare it to my sig.

#8 ·
Went out and took some pictures....

I uncovered the Town Car the other day to drive it, as it has been parked and covered since I bought the BMW, but tonight I broke it, so now it is stuck in the driveway until I fix it... tomorrow I'll remove all the leaves from it and throw the cover back on it to let it sit more...

Worked 75hrs last week, 11/12/13 hr days, still on 9/10 hr days, so free time and desire to do much of anything, like fire up the leaf blower to clear the driveway really isn't there right now. Heh, combined total I spent between the 3 cars is $7,800, less then what most people pay for one used car, so I really can't complain.

last night it started to rain, so I went out and covered up the BMW.... top leaks... alot... (dosen't seal to the windsheild frame correctly) gotta fix that, but until then, the cover keeps it dry.

arrrghhh the daily work warrior.... was really muddy from a mini off-road trip, but then it rained hard last week and it was like a free car wash... I'll actually wash it sometime...

The little bundle of joy all uncovered.... this would be the bad side with the messed up fender. Besides the various dents, the right fender has been repainted in the past as the color is off, the car may have been in a slight fender bender at the right front corner... no biggie, but also all the clear coat on the fender is peeling.... apparenlty BMW did not use base coat/clear coat paint in 1990 as since I've clay barred it, then used my electric buffer with polishing compound, then Meguires colorX, then ICE, I have worn down thru the paint in a few spots and there is no clear coat. Ah well, the car is loaded with various small dents and dings... kinda adds character, I'd like to take it to a PDR person, but ultimately some day she'll get the needed body work and a new paint job... for now, it dosen't matter, I just really enjoy driving the car. Anyway.... something is missing from the car in this picture....

No more nasty broken pinstripe! Took 3 days in total working about 1.5-2hrs/day, but all the old pinstripe is off... was a real pain to do. The car looks cleaner without it, but I think it's because the old stuff was so bad. I have new pinstripe tape (black) that I am going to put on... I thought about leaving it off, but I think I like it better on.

Finished it up today, all that was left was the whole drive side.... looks alot better.

Next thing I get for the car will be a new set of tires in a few months... these are older, seem cheap (Peerless... never heard of them) and are just about worn out... the fact that the car has limited slid diff and I drive it like I just got my license at times means the tires don't have much life left.... after that it really needs spring/shock replacement, and a list of other stuff.... none of that takes away from the sheer joy of driving the car tho.

#12 ·
Ryan, what do you do at your dealer?

#13 ·
Right now work in the detail area washing cars; taking out the garbage in the shop. Not a glamorous job, but something that I love doing. I get to clean the cars and find out something new about each car.

My dealer really wants me to be a salesman soon. They know I have great potential at it, and the owner of the dealership knows how much I love Cadillac's. Hell, he trusts me enough to let me drive his DTS and XLR-V so I know he would give me the job. But right now, I'm happy washing them :)

#14 ·
I've got two friends that do detail/lot work in a Nissan/Kia dealer near me. They like the job too.

#15 ·
Interior shots!

Check out the DVD on the pass side floor! :cool2:

#25 ·
Vanilla coke FTW! I love that stuff am am so glad they brought it back. I would snap pictures of my truck right now but our camera just broke and won't turn on. Its filthy inside because I went muddin and we decided to get out a walk around a bit so now there is a nice layer of mud inside. I'm not gonna clean it out as it gives it class. :cool2:

#19 ·
'

They can engineer everything else so damn well....why not a cupholder?

I'm completely OCD about my car. I tell everyone to make sure their shoes are clean before getting in (though I have rubber floormats) and if it has a little bit of dirt on the floor, I kinda spray it off. Only person allowed to drink in my car is me. NO SMOKING!

Yes, I have problems. I know.
I hear ya...NO smoking in my car...others can drink, but not eat, and I do use rubber floor mats, but I do have a set of carpeted ones too. I bought those first, but fell in love with the rubbers.

#1,039 ·
No worries...I am EXACTLY the same way. I never walk on grass before entering my car and I kick my feet off no matter what. Even with rubber floor mats my shoes must be clean. If I go out to eat, I have to wash my hands before entering the car. The only drinks that are allowed in my car are bottled drinks. Mostly water...And of course, absolutely no eating.

#21 ·
Chad, I love the wood detailing around the power seat controls. Very unique.
Is that silver button a lock, the button around the cup holder?
Two center console bins ... gotta love it.
From the angle of the photo, it looks like the driver's seat is pretty much under the steering wheel.
Are you 4ft tall, or is it an optical thing? (sorry, couldn't resist).
What do you run for winter shoes in Minnesota ... something stronger than RWD and all seasons?

Whew ... too many questions.

#33 ·
That silver part isn't a button or lock...I just push down on that to close the cupholders up...that's the sturdiest point on the assembly. And under the center console bins you see, there is another storage compartment that is air conditioned in summer, and it's got a roll-top drawer..on the older W140s, it was made of solid Burl Walnut, but this is leather covered.

And I'm 5'6"...I bought new all seasons last month and they seem to do pretty well in the white stuff.

^ That's probably one of the first Mercedes with a cupholder. Those squirrely Germans refused to put cup holders in their cars for a long time. Something about it being dangerous to drink vanilla coke on the autobahn at 150mph.
Or 127mph on I-371.... :shhh::shhh:

Dreary day in FL today:

Nice! I'm starting to really like those 1st gen A4's....a friend in high school had a '98 1.8T with the 5 speed...definitely a nice car, and amazingly solid for a compact at speeds way above the legal limit...

#22 ·
Had to pull both Betty and Cruella out of the garage to get to the attic and the Christmas decorations. Betty hasn't been out in the rain since I last washed her several weeks ago, so she's still pretty clean. I've taken Cruella through the automatic car wash a couple of times in between rainy days; good enough for this time of year:

#35 ·
Yeah. They considered driving an activity in itself and you should not be distracted by eating/drinking while driving, unlike us fat-ass Americans who need to do 8 things at once.

#32 ·
Actually its not that bad- seals, suspension parts, etc. can be found discounted on numerous VW/Audi parts sites. You can fix and diagnose anything on the car with "V-A-G Com." software and Torx bits.

Kinda like the japanese import community though there are enough write ups available on the internets to work on stuff yourself.

However it does get expensive when its something "rare" that only the Audi/VW Dealer can fix- like alignment... :crying:. But thats why they're called stealerships.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.