Cadillac Owners Forum banner
414K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  greencadillacmatt 
#1 ·
I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we show our cars as they sit right now...without being cleaned and prepped at all.

Here's mine as of this morning. It snowed last Friday night, and I hadn't washed it yet....so it's caked in salt. But I washed it this afternoon, so it's clean now.

See less See more
#267 ·
We need details! What's that sticker on your rear window?

#268 · (Edited)
Its gone, that's all there is, there ain't no mo. I sold it late yesterday, it had to go. I want to keep the Brougham as a weekend cruiser/show car and get me a nice daily driver where everything works, especially the A/C. So now the search begins. I have my eye on a nice DeVille up in Rockford that I might go have a look at tomorrow. My grandparents are getting ready to buy a new car so I offered to buy theirs, but we will see what happens.

The sticker is my America kicks ass symbol. The picture is at an awkward angle but I had to get low to stop the sun glare.

#269 ·
I'll sell you a nice S-Class with fully working COLD A/C. I can't think of a better car to compliment your Brougham! :)

#271 ·
I thought your A/C was broken. :)

In all honesty, I am gunning for my grandparent's car. It goes against my opinion of foreign cars but I have liked the thing since the day they bought it. It's a 2001 Infiniti I30, black on black. The car has like 60k miles on it and sits in a garage 100% of the time it is at home. It will be decent on gas (although that is never my sole reason for buying a car) and will be a reliable daily driver. Its also very comfortable, nimble (something yet to be found in any car I have ever owned) and extremely clean both inside and out. Plus the stereo will blow your mind.

Mike, you can buy one here. I got mine as a gift from my uncle in the Air Force when he was stationed at the base that makes them but they have an Ebay store. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Eighth-Air-Force-Museum-Association__W0QQ_armrsZ1

#272 ·
I know, I'm just giving you shit. That I30 is a nice car, and it's basically a Maxima, so it's easy to live with. My A/C works...it hasn't leaked out any more freon..

#275 ·
Here's what I have parked next to what I really want. It's a Regal GS "Joe Abboud Edition". Not sure on the year...sometime between '01 and '04.

#276 ·
The Regal, as we've all said, is an excellent choice, either the GS or one with the straight 3.8 and the Touring suspension should give you good service while proving some inexpensive driving fun. I am sorry the M-B hasn't found a new home as yet, but I think people have become aware that prestige of owning a Mercedes comes at a high price.

#277 ·
Here's a few more from the last couple of days.

Today was a big day!

Nice sunset shot.

One car debuted in 1992, one car left the market in 1992.

#278 ·
Oh, I long for 75 degree days. Over the past week it has been 85+ every day with 80%+ humidity. Today was the first day it was in the 70s.

#280 ·
About the only thing I'm not looking forward to as far as the Chicago meet is the weather. It's going to be in the 70s and 80s here all week with low humidity. We maybe get a week of really hot weather, but that's about it.

#282 ·
Its not bad at all if there is wind, but usually the humid days around here are stale, stagnant air days. Its like walking into the worst sauna ever and you feel like you are breathing in cotton balls.

#284 ·
Here are the results of my major detailing job with Betty, which took a good part of last Saturday and all afternoon today. Liquid clay, followed by clay bar, then cleaner wax, then carnuba wax. Also did chrome polish on all the trim and took the steam vac to the seats and carpet. I was amazed at just how much more she shines with a good wax job.

#285 ·
Great job Gary -- she really looks nice!

#292 ·
My efforts from tonight of the Lincoln. Gary88 knows where this is, it's in Lemont, but very few people know where the access road is to my special spot. The first shot has a coal burning power plant in the background. I have no idea how it happened, but the picture turned out damn near perfect enough to be in an advertisement. It would have been better if I had the shutter open longer to brighten the picture (it was set at 6 seconds) but it was taken on a $150 point and shoot so I had a hard enough time just getting it to focus. Nothing can be perfect. The second picture is in front of the oil refinery, same camera settings but a lot more light to pick up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.