Candid pictures of our cars. - Page 51
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 203 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1491Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Candid pictures of our cars. in General Discussion; I gotcha. I started to make a comment about having one on the corner, but decided on second thought it ...
    ga_etc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '92 Buick Roadmaster Sedan, '05 Mini Cooper S

Re: Candid pictures of our cars.

I gotcha. I started to make a comment about having one on the corner, but decided on second thought it might not be in the best of taste lol.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    Nice random cat in the shot.

Betty is awesome...

And those C body DeVilles are sort of growing on me... that car looks amazing for all the miles that are on it.
    Thanks for the compliments. Cruella certainly doesn't look like she's at 258,000 miles. She needs a good cleaning and detailing, which I plan to do before she goes off to my niece. I'll miss the old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    That right there is the american dream. Two Cadillacs in your driveway, and a classic as well.
    Hahahahahah. I do have it pretty good, car-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by ga_etc View Post
    It might help if Cruella was actually in the driveway, rather than on the corner...
    I could have an excellent second career as a valet; I've gotten very good at playing musical cars. Had to use Sabrina to give Cruella a jump to move her from behind Betty since she's been sitting for a couple of weeks. Put the battery charger on Betty so I could take her out today, then put the charger on Cruella.

ga_etc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '92 Buick Roadmaster Sedan, '05 Mini Cooper S

I know how that goes. With as cold as it has been around here recently (highs in the upper 20s in GA) every time my mom's van or dad's old truck get moved they need to be put on the charger. Last winter the battery was getting weak in my Eldo and we got a cold snap. I bought a new battery for it, then 2 weeks later had to exchange it because it was going bad too.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

I was in the suburbs today, so I uncovered my car to move it around the garage/let it warm up after sitting motionless for 36 days. Didn't take it outside since it was damp.

Started right up with no fuss.

Waited until the oil was well warmed up then gave myself some ear pleasure

Then back into storage

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Woke up to a surprisingly sunny day. So after taking Hoover for a ride in Betty, I gave Sabrina a much-needed bath. After six weeks of rainy driving, she was pretty filthy:

Wheel partially clean:

Hoover hung out while I did the dirty work:

There's a 100% chance of rain tomorrow and 30% on Monday, so Cruella will get some use, which she needs. Only 10% chance of rain Tuesday through Thursday, so Sabrina should remain reasonably clean for a few days at least.

Aron9000 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    I was in the suburbs today, so I uncovered my car to move it around the garage/let it warm up after sitting motionless for 36 days. Didn't take it outside since it was damp.
    I'm just curious, but can you even hear the turbos spool on that car or hear a BOV when it shifts???

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    I'm just curious, but can you even hear the turbos spool on that car or hear a BOV when it shifts???
    Not really. The turbos are pretty small and only running 5.8psi stock so they're nearly silent. BMW wanted it to have the feel of a N/A engine, which it does. And instead of using a BOV the N54 uses diverter valves which you can't really hear anyway.

hyperboimmv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS, 92 Eldorado ETC, 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

So after getting about half way through this thread this morning, I decided I'd post a candid shot from this morning.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

A few from today.

It was only once I walked out of the store, I realized I drove into the wall.

Then we went for dinner.

Did you have any scuffs? My luck, when ever I 'bump' something I rip something off my vehicle.. I slid into a snow mound with my Suburban and ripped the air dam off of the bottom... Ugh..

Quote Originally Posted by hyperboimmv View Post
    Did you have any scuffs? My luck, when ever I 'bump' something I rip something off my vehicle.. I slid into a snow mound with my Suburban and ripped the air dam off of the bottom... Ugh..
    Scuffs?

lol, if that's all I gotta worry about on the Jeep then it can't be that bad

From hitting the wall, it got the rubber bumperette cap thingy dirty, from climbing the.... whatever it was, going up the receiver on the rear bumper scraped the ground a little, and coming down the shackles on the rear bumper scraped a bit. It's good for it.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Yeah that's what I said after I hit the camel with the Land Rover, while coming up a narrow two lane mountain road in East Africa, and reduced the headroom in the cabin by about 6". "Not to worry, it's good for it" It only took an Italian technician and three Ethiopian assistants using hydraulic jacks and sledge hammers a week to recover the lost head room ..... those L-R "sun shields" make re-adjustment of the roof wee bit more time consuming!

I took a couple pictures of the possible "scuffs" from events of yesterday... I dunno what to call them - addition to the rest maybe?

First up was bumping into the wall with the right rubber bumperette. I'm sure most of that is dust/dirt as I've ran them into all sorts of things - cleans up well. I finally found a spot to put the JeepForum sticker today - steering box skid plate. Very noticeable in the pic from the angle/flash, but in person is harder to see. I wonder how long it, or atleast parts of it will last.

Then the mall crawlin. The way the shackles pivot on the bumper, going up they slide out and the receiver hitch scrapped. Coming down, the shackles folded under untill they hit the bumper, then they skidded against the ground. You can tell the new scraps from the old because they haven't rusted yet. As for the Savvy gas tank skid? It's aluminum - no rust . As funds allow, more Savvy products will find their way onto my Jeep.

Still can do alot of fun things with no lift/stock suspension

Heh in my defense, from the angle the picture was taken of your Jeep and the retaining wall, it looked like you hit the wall with your fog lights..

Quote Originally Posted by hyperboimmv View Post
    Heh in my defense, from the angle the picture was taken of your Jeep and the retaining wall, it looked like you hit the wall with your fog lights..
    I did drive into an embankment on a wheelin trip and the right side fog light lost the battle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.