Cadillac Owners Forum banner
414K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  greencadillacmatt 
#1 ·
I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we show our cars as they sit right now...without being cleaned and prepped at all.

Here's mine as of this morning. It snowed last Friday night, and I hadn't washed it yet....so it's caked in salt. But I washed it this afternoon, so it's clean now.

See less See more
#72 ·
The Mark IV and V Lincolns are some of my favorite luxury cars of all time. I will own one at some point. I'd love a D.J. Edition '78, because it was the most well equipped Lincoln built up to that point, and they were extremely rare, and still had the 460. The Collector's Edition '79 Mark V had a better color scheme IMO (triple navy blue, velour interior), and has most of the features of the Diamond Jubilee Edition, but in 1979, Lincoln only had the 400, and they were S-L-O-W. So yeah, I'd take the Diamond Jubilee Edition....but would I go with the Jubilee Gold or Diamond (real light grey/blue) Blue?

Although I also really like the color scheme on the '79 Bill Blass Edition (two tone navy blue & white exterior, white full cloth top with white leather seats). Too bad they only had the 400. Although the 1977 Bill Blass edition might have the best color combo out of any of the "special edition" Mark V's (Navy blue with a dark tan top, dark tan leather interior and dark tan side accent stripe), it lacks the over the top amenities of the Diamond Jubilee and Collector's Editions, so I still think I like the DJ edition the most.

#73 ·
I feel bad. The car deserves better. I need a garage.

#78 ·
Hey, if I bought that, I'd have a "V Series" too. :lildevil: :sneaky:

And it would have the biggest motor of any V series! :cool2:

(and the worst fuel economy.....)

#80 ·
Now, that's funny.
I stopped and wondered for a moment. Where's the house?
We have a very long driveway for an urban property.
The summer pic was taken at a different position on the driveway ... making it look like
the neighbour's house went missing.
Now, it's time to go out and shovel the driveway ... 2nd time today.

#84 ·
Hi, Frank.
Is that a Sebring convertible in the background?
I almost bought a 2003 Limited this summer with low klm, but we couldn't
agree on the price.
What's it like driving a convertible in Michigan's weather ... heated seats
and lined top, right?
What's the Chrysler like for reliability and general driving impressions?

Thanks,
Ted.

#82 ·
So I went to wash my car yesterday, it was the first clear, sunny day in weeks. So regardless of the fact the high was only 11* I had to get it cleaned up. So I paid the $8 for the top of the line car wash from the local joint, and before I parked to dry it off with my towel, all the water froze on it, so now instead of having salt caked to the body, I've got ice.

#86 ·
Haha. I know some people who work at a local car wash (Delta Sonic, which is very popular for teens to work at) and all through winter they get complaints that people's doors freeze shut. One kid I know replied, "Well, its not like we have magic f***ing water that doesn't freeze! What did you expect to happen?!"

The best part was he never even got in trouble for saying that to a customer.

Reactions: jeff.v
#83 ·
Shoulda paid the 15 like I did and get them to hand wash and dry it!

#91 ·
I suppose, but I have a hard time shelling out more than $8 for a car wash, especially in winter time, when I know it's just gonna be dirty in a day or two again.

What I should do next time is just pay like $3.00 so I can hose it off with the high pressure sprayer and hand dry it in the warm wash bay.

#89 ·
Yeah, those last-gen Sebrings were alright cars. Pretty good looking, IMO. Too bad the new Sebring looks like it fell from the ugly tree, and hit every branch on the way down.

I went through a cab-forward phase a while back, but snapped out of it. Still like this and the Dodge Intrepid's looks though.

#90 ·
Yeah, those last-gen Sebrings were alright cars. Pretty good looking, IMO. Too bad the new Sebring looks like it fell from the ugly tree, and hit every branch on the way down.

I went through a cab-forward phase a while back, but snapped out of it. Still like this and the Dodge Intrepid's looks though.
I agree, the wife and I don't care much for the new gen Sebring either. I've seen this happen before, the car manufactures take a nice looking reliable car/truck and turn into a p.o.s.

I remember how angry I was when Mercury took the Cougar/XR7 mid size car and turned into a little p.o.s in the 99MY. I owned two Cougar's XR7's, one with the 4cy turbo and the other with a 302cid, both nice cars. Then it turned into a...well you know what I mean.

#92 ·
Look at this crap, I've never seen this much ice outside in my life. Now I always park my car perfectly parallel to the shrubs next to the house. Tonight I parked in the normal spot (on ice), went inside for a shower and dinner, then came back outside to put my car in the garage and found it crooked like this from the ice melting.

And just an idea of what it's like out there right now with copious amounts of ice and fog.

#94 ·
It rained yesterday, dropped below 32* and froze. I fell on my ass (half drunk mind you) in my friend's driveway and hurt the hell out of my right hand. It still hurts goddamnit.

#95 ·
Thats' a sweet picture Gary. That fog last night was intense. I was stuck doing 25-30 all the way home because you couldn't see more than 30 feet in front of you.

#102 ·
lol don't count on me remembering as i have the memorie of a goldfish (swim around the bowl, forget where you are swim around again to investigate your "new surroundings) and i see a LOT of caddy's so i mean i do remember seeing a red STS before but damn if i can remember where i was at the time. lol what time frame was this? also could you see the driver? i'm a 21 yearold guy so if the driver was an old lady we know it wasn't me. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.