Cadillac Owners Forum banner
414K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  greencadillacmatt 
#1 ·
I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we show our cars as they sit right now...without being cleaned and prepped at all.

Here's mine as of this morning. It snowed last Friday night, and I hadn't washed it yet....so it's caked in salt. But I washed it this afternoon, so it's clean now.

See less See more
#496 · (Edited)
Recently acquired E30 cabrio #2 (Ashleigh) 1992 318i - missed driving one that bad. Intention was to have a really fun 30mpg+ daily driver (DOHC 4cyl). Somebody from work is already interested in it. It had 120-miles to bond with the Jeep.

Who woulda thought there'd be traffic on I-75 11PM thru downtown Atlanta?

I don't mind selling it so soon, really should have spent the money getting Noelle driving again. I've done a good bit of work to it already, and will be breaking even but one project is enough. The M42 is an exceptional engine. Extremely rev-happy and while slower, is actually more fun to drive and shift thru the gears then the older cast iron SOHC I6, not to take fun factor away from the M20, mine will be getting chipped upon completion. This car has a performance chip which not only boosted power, but raised the rev limiter to 7,000RPM (stock engine is good to 7500RPM). The engine is a little work horse and was BMW's first mainstream "modern" engine - all aluminum, chain-driven DOHC, factory header, forged crank and rods, individual coil pack ignition, 10.5:1 compression as well as hydraulic lifters (no more valves to adjust). Chipped but otherwise stock outputs 150hp and 140tq from 1.8L displacement, on an engine now 20-years old. This one traveled atleast 150k miles (odo was broke) but you'd never know it by driving. 4.27:1 gears help it scoot nicely. The engine combined with the overall gearing just make every trip very fun. Mid-high 20's around town and low-mid 30's hwy mean fuel efficent dosen't have to be boring. With that said, once the Jeep is paid off I will be looking to pick up a '91 318is as a DD, the convertibles come with their share of quirks.

#497 ·
Cool stuff! So you bought another E30 convertible so you'd have one to drive while the red one was being restored? Hah, that's dedication!

#508 ·
They said they had $8,000 into that swap, I take that not including the car. You can buy a mint 2-door e30 donor car for $3,000 if even that. You are saying you can get an LSx Corvette for 11 grand? By the time somebody modifed (any) vehicle to that degree, resale value isn't top on the priority list.

They still maintained the excellent weight and balance of the e30, which means other then the Corvette, that car will handle better then any other car GM put the LSx series in from the factory.

The e30 is quickly becoming a personal favorite of mine (if not already) they are just so much fun and there is so much you can do with them. Part of me wants to scoff a bunch up so I don't have to worry about future e30 supply.

You forgot in S85 form. Oh yes.
Heh..... I think that is a bit more then a drop in install! Seriously the x50/52 engines will bolt right into the e30 using various factory parts. Many say that an M50 makes them a perfect daily driver - how they should have came from the factory. Personally I don't have a problem with the M20 or M42 that they originally came with.

#511 ·
Derek, love it! What happened with that Malibu you had?

#512 ·
Long story...I'll tell it here some day.

'95 Fleetwood...sold to Elias...sold to his neighbor. Still kinda miss it.
'08 G6 GT Coupe...loved it, but problems from the 1st day...GM bought back.
'09 Malibu 2LT V6...G6 replacement, terrific car & interior, but the front seats didn't agree with me and I had a powertrain/trans shuddering problem that was "normal" & GM engineer inspected...great G8 deals, good trade price, traded it at 4k miles.
'09 G8 GT...have had it since February...the car I always wanted, no problems, luxury car huge space, 2nd-3rd tire squawking power...fun to mod...etc.

#520 ·
For a few years, Pontiac offered that a color similar to that on Grand Prixs. I saw an '04 GTP in that color today.

#522 ·
Pontiac actually sold cars with DSOM. I remember you could get a Trans Am in the color. It was my vehicular love affair before the C6 Z06. lol
Oh that's right, I remember seeing that color in the '02 Firebird brochure I had. And looking at the '02 Camaro brochure I have next to me, it shows there was a Sunset Orange Metallic offered for Chevrolet too, dunno if it's the same shade.

#523 ·
I'm not sure. There are two colors, Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic, and one just called Sunset Orange Metallic. It makes no sense to me really.

Its replacement for '07, Atomic Orange, looks like garbage to me compared though.

But I do love me some orange. I have...

1. An orange cell phone case
2. Orange bedsheets
3. Two pairs of jeans with orange stitching
4. A black hoodie with orange stitching
5. At least six orange shirts
6. Orange camoflauge swim trunks
7. Orange basketball shorts
8. An Orange Skip Dr. (Yes, I went out of my way to order the orange one)

And of course...

9. Tide laundry detergent in the orange box.

I loves me some orange. lol

#524 ·
I peed orange once. Bad things happen when you do (too much) hashish.

#526 ·
The DSOM looks similar to the Cayenne Red Metallic that was on my '98 Camaro... Love that color. Looks like a pretty basic metallic red when not in direct light, but when the light hits it, the metallic shows up and it gets more of an orange/copper color. This one isn't mine, but VERY similar.

#535 ·
Eldorado ........ Granny car maybe. But just remember that women over 60 control over 70% of the wealth in this country. A wise friend of mine once said that "perfect woman" would have "the body of a 24 year old, the brain of a 35 year old and the bank account of an 80 year old!"

#544 ·
Whoa! Love that color combo! Carmine red with the red interior and black lower body is hot! You shouldn't have been so late to show pics of that!

A wise friend of mine once said that "perfect woman" would have "the body of a 24 year old, the brain of a 35 year old and the bank account of an 80 year old!"
LOL! Awesome!

Better representation of the Cayenne Red. This one actually is my old car.

That color's great, but that Astro!!!! :drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.