Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hi...

632 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  MauiV 
#1 ·
...newbie here...just purchased a 03 CTS for the wife. got a great deal thru an estate auction... real nice ride...but...(and I'm not tryin' to offend) this car is not nearly the car my 97 Riviera was,overall... it had a more powerful engine(3800 Supercharged) better ride(heavier,non- low profile tires) and was FWD. not to say this car won't move, it will, and will handle curves better due to lighter weight and handling pkg. fuel economy is slightly less, as RPMs are more( 2700@ 80 mph compared to 2100 RPM) all in all, two different vehicles. but what I paid for this..it's a fine auto that we'll enjoy until we retire(5 mo yrs)... I just wished GM still made the Riviera, cuz it was an exemplary automobile. thanks for being here..

#2 ·
:effort:

#8 · (Edited)
I've run across a lot of Riviera owners that have hung onto them for years because they considered them to be great cars. I see the same people in the same cars year after year.
I'm kind of surprised that you think the Buick is peppier. My '04 CTS would blow the doors off my SC Buick Regal GS.

#11 ·
My '04 CTS would blow the doors off my SC Buick Regal GS.
I find my 04 CTS to be quite peppy. :lildevil:

The only Buick I have gone toe to toe with was a 1987 Regal. It was black with some funny looking orange badges with an engine that was making some kind of odd whining noise and from a rolling 30 mph launch he was looking at Cadi taillights. He did look a bit perturbed to get walked by a 4 door sedan. Not sure why.

:yawn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.