350K views 3K replies 192 participants last post by  FTSS 
#1 ·
Glock 17 9mm 18 rd mag and 33 rd mag

12 Gauge Mossberg 500 removable AR adjustable stock

M1 garand 30-06 8 rd

The whole family

See less See more
#345 ·
James I got my Sig back today. The short reset trigger makes a night and day difference. This is the trigger this thing should have come with from the factory. In fact as I understand it this same trigger is available from certain weapons right off the shelf. The reset is almost as short as a Glock trigger. This makes the Sig 229 a better all around weapon.

So now all I have to gripe about is the weight. Otherwise it's the perfect handgun. ;)

ETA: Shipping total was $85 and the SRT was $99. Sig >> :kick: << Rolex

#346 ·
Still kinda pricey for a trigger on a pistol...I wonder if there's any weasly way to get one from them and install it myself.

cpruitt...I've got an old York compound that's actually pretty bad ass too. I shoot instinctively and was, at one point, pretty dang good. Last time I took it out a few months ago I could hit a paper plate at thirty or so yards. Most of the time.

#347 ·
Still kinda pricey for a trigger on a pistol...I wonder if there's any weasly way to get one from them and install it myself.
Sure, you can sign up for one of their Sig armorer courses for $350-400 and they'll send you their parts. Thing is you can ONLY get parts for their handguns....not their rifles. That's a seperate course. In fact Sig will void the factory warranty if you completely dissasemble your handgun without having taken the armorers course. Don't tell them I've done it twice. ;)

Either way they'll get in your pocket, which is part of owning a Sig.

#349 ·
I've run my Sig through the dishwasher, right next to the pots and pans...in fact, there's a thread with the pictures to prove it. It was my Sig, my Ruger MkII, my SKS, my AMT Automag and my Winchester Model 70...all lined up nice, shiny and clean!

Ha, what factory warranty? My 226 is one of the old ones, stamped Made In West Germany on the side!

#350 ·
Oh, BTW, I just spent an hour and a half at the indoor range honing my pistolmanship skills.

Good times.

The best part? I found a .22 WMR round that my pistol doesn't reject!!! Problem? I don't think they make it anymore and I'm down to about two thousand of them left. :(

Just in case... ... ...It's a bright red Federal box with 22Magnum in white on it with yellow streaking behind the 22Magnum words like its rushing towards you. They're 40 grain FMJ's. If anyone sees this box anywhere at one of their local stores, buy it for me and I'll pay to have it shipped out here!!! This is the first 22Mag ammo I've found that cycles in this particular pistol without any problems.

#354 ·
Good for you, HM. Just saw this thread. Interesting reads. Been a Glock man myself for about 18 years, 26 and 36 for carry, recently utilizing a S&W 637 airweight/crimson trace in .38 on the ankle. Father in law is an FFL and I bought this *for the wife*. Anyways, I'm often armed (legally, finally).

HM's point is a good one. I ran a class at my shop this year for staff/employees interested in getting their permits (and me mine, finally). Nevada is open carry legal - so this was for concealed. It was interesting and a little concerning to see how some of my friends intended to utilize their weapons - hot heads beware.

WW

#358 ·
Yea, since starting carrying years ago I let a lot more things slide. I don't care if people cut me off (as long as they use their damned blinker! :) ) and I don't care if people pass me...though tailgating still gets me to want to run them over, but they're behind me, and my 'yota's not so fast in reverse, so I just wave them around or change lanes.

#362 ·
GUN FREE ZONE
That's great. :rofl:

I just got a NEW TOY today. A 16 inch, heavy barrel complete upper receiver from Armalite. I picked it up during their Thanksgiving sale online $350 with a couple of extra parts for the parts bin. I should also receive a new Stag lower receiver tomorrow or monday. When I mate them together to form an AR-15 I'll post pics.

#361 ·
"Rrrggghhh! my bad...I'll just be leaving..."

Ha, that's pretty good. :)

#368 ·
Rolex...if I was left a few of them, you'd be sure I'd move out of California immediately, just so I could take possession. :)

#376 ·
Points to Andrew....I like this guy.

Rolex...if I was left a few of them, you'd be sure I'd move out of California immediately, just so I could take possession. :)
So I amended my last will to add you James. I itemized all 2 of my ARs with attached goodies and XX number of my magazines to you. Now just don't go wishing me to die!! :D

#370 ·
Andrew, you gotta give descriptions! What's the stock on the AK?

Upper, lower, caliber on the AR? :)

#372 ·
Andrew, you gotta give descriptions! What's the stock on the AK?

Upper, lower, caliber on the AR? :)
Sorry haha. The ak is from egypt built on russian tooling and imported in 1994. Its a Maadi corporation ARM. 7.62 x 39 caliber. It has a G2 trigger group so no trigger slap. I dont know about the furniture other then it is supposedly the original that came with the gun.

The ar is an out of the box rock river arms car a2. 16 inch chrome moly barrel. 2 stage match trigger. 223/5.56 nato chambered

#375 ·
I've been looking at getting an M44, just because they're eighty bucks, reliable and the ammo is dirt cheap. Fun plinking gun and bayonets are cool. :)

#378 ·
I've been looking at getting an M44, just because they're eighty bucks, reliable and the ammo is dirt cheap. Fun plinking gun and bayonets are cool. :)
i got the M38 just because i read they the M44 was tested for accuracy with the bayonet open or something like that. And if i was ever at an indoor range i just didnt want to shoot with a bayonet out lol. But i hear you on the price. I payed like 115 for mine and that seems to be at the high end.

#377 ·
Thankee Sai. Greatly appreciated. Do the mags come loaded? If so I want M855 in half, every fifth a tracer. Please have them modified in this way ASAP. :)

#380 ·
Yea, they go on sale here at Big 5 for 80 bucks all the time. Comes out to about 125-130 after tax and DOJ paperwork for California.

#381 ·
a guy at work today said colt pythons have gone through the roof and asked if i still had my nickel colt python with 4" rib barrel. i said yes but was not interestest to sell till he said he saw a blued one used for $1600.00 at the last gun show he went to. i then said i may be interested now. have they really gotten to this level? it has been a few years since i have been to a show or done anything gun related other than getting concealed permit. was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny this elevated price also input on a 6" blued smith and wesson model 17-6 .22 caliber. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.