350K views 3K replies 192 participants last post by  FTSS 
#1 ·
Glock 17 9mm 18 rd mag and 33 rd mag

12 Gauge Mossberg 500 removable AR adjustable stock

M1 garand 30-06 8 rd

The whole family

See less See more
#156 ·
Dang, I though I had pics on photobucket!

Anyway, I have a stainless Sprinfield XD .40 in 4".

I also have a Romanian WASR 10 AK with a folding stock.

Will also be buying an 870 soon.

#157 ·
I didn't realize there were other firearm owners here!

I own 5 firearms. Well, I don't own them per say. My grandfather has been involved in the sport ever since the 1930's and especially after his service as an MP in the Second World War. Since he has aquired dozens of pistols which are by far what constitutes what he has ever owned with the exception of only two rifles. When I strike 18 in a few months I will be applying for my Class B (No Class A in MA until you're 21, I don't know about other states), and assuming i'm approved (I don't see why not) the titles and registration for them will be transfered to me. I love the sport and I believe 100% in our right to bear arms. I also love gun shows, not really to purchase firearms but just to look around and see some cool weapons and guns. This is what we've got...

Ruger 10/22 Rifle
Ruger Mark II .22 Pistol
Ruger Mark III .22 Pistol
Walther P99 QA Pistol
S&W .357 model I don't know revolver

I'll be selling the rifle and the Mark III ASAP. Walther is by far my favorite, it's very well made and handle's excellently. Mark II is great as well, the revolver I don't use much because I honestly don't care much for revolvers.

Here are some pictures I've taken over the years...

#158 ·
Ya know, if the price is right, I've been looking for a Mk III, and I have a bunch of parts laying around that I need a new 10/22 receiver to build myself another tack driver. Lemme know whatcha want for them when you're ready!

#160 ·
Not sure exactly what you're referencing, but here's a general definition.

Class A weapons include:

Firearms, (whether operable or inoperable, loaded or unloaded) including, but not limited to hand, zip, pistol,rifle, shotgun, and starter gun.

Projectile devices, including but not limited to bb guns, pellet (hard and soft) guns, and paintball guns.

Electric weapon or device including, but not limited to stun guns and taser guns.

Flare guns.

activity.​
Explosive propellants or destructive devices.

Dirks.

Brass knuckles and/or metallic knuckles.

Billy clubs.

Tear gas.

Slungshots.

Chemical weapon or devices (any weapon of such a nature, except a device known as a “self-defense chemical spray,” that is carried solely for purposes of lawful self-defense, is compact in size, is designed to be carried on or about the person, and contains not more than two ounces of chemical).

Class B weapons include:

Toys which resemble weapons when used in a threatening manner.

Knives of any kind, including, but not limited to, pen, switchblade, or hunting knife.

Chains, including any chain not being used for the purpose for which it was normally intended that is capable of harming an individual.

Pipe of any length of metal or other hard substance not being used for the purpose for which it was normally intended.

Razorblades of any kind or similar instruments with a sharp cutting edge.

Ice picks and other pointed instruments.

Nunchakus, Chinese stars.

Pepper spray, a mace device with the capacity to hold two ounces or less of the chemical.

#162 ·
Uggghhhhh...HATE California. The Governator just signed a new bill...waiting for approval from a mod before I post it since its political in nature...

#164 ·
I've got an original 19th century Indonesian (Sumatra) sword...

#165 ·
Here is my list

winchester model 94 in 44 mag
bushmaster bullpup
ruger model 77 mark 2 in 223 rem
saiga in 223 rem
M1 garand bought through CMP
FAL
mauser in .308
turkish mauser in 8 mm mauser
winchester 1400 ranger semi auto 12 gauge
Kel tec sub 2000 9mm
ruger 10/22
SKS
charles dailey hawken 50 cal black powder
remington 700 ML 50 cal BP
over/ under double barrel blackpowder rifle, 50 cal
funny looking bullpup 50 cal Black powder rifle

Glock 17
springfield xd 45
norinco 1911 45
cz 52 9mm
SW model 19
taurus raging bull 44mag
kel tec p32 32 acp
kel tec PLR 16, 223 rem
ruger 22/45
ruger old army 44 cap and ball revolver
.75 cal flintlock pistol
36? cal pepper box BP pistol

#168 ·
Ya ever have trouble with standard or low velocity ammo in your MkII? Mine only takes high velocity stuff without jamming. It doesn't like to push the bolt all the way back and I get a semi-FTE the minute it starts to get dirty. It seems to really like CCI MiniMags though and can usually go through a hundred or more before needing to be blasted out with aerosol lube. I need to get around to doing some work on it one of these days and making it feed the cheap stuff...

#169 ·
I can put whatever in the Mark II without a problem. Hell, I buy my .22's at Walmart, usually Remington's, Winchester's or Federal's which I believe are all 36 grain (I know Remington's are for sure). Always copper coated because they jam less and it's easier to clean, except when shooting indoors during the winter due to the backstop I use lead.

Mark III is another story. It's touchy and can jam for no obvious reason. There is one major cause of jaming and that's the loaded chamber indicator on the side which sometimes catches the ejecting shell and causes a jam. One of the major reason's why I'll be selling it too.

#170 ·
Hell, I bet that's a BIG part of your issue. Just get yourself a dremel and smooth it out! My dad's old MkII never once jammed, that I remember but this one of mine now, which is the same stainless 6" yours appears to be, will get stovepipes all the time with low or standard velocity ammo. :( I just need to get my lazy butt around to fixing it, really...

#171 · (Edited)
I've put thousands and thousands and thousands of rounds through my model 41 S&W Olympic .22LR and I can't recall a malfunction. That's probably why it cost me $140 over forty five years ago and it's worth more than ten times that much today. It's the only one I've ever seen with the full Olympic counterweight set and the muzzle brake. At one time I had a Colts Woodsman Target model and it didn't even come close to being the weapon the S&W is. I had a Ruger and it drove me nuts because it was always loosening up and the barrel would slide back and forth on the frame. It was a bitch to tighten because I had to make my own parts and it would just go back to doing it again.

#173 ·
Just ordered a model 41 with a 7" barrel.

OT: Crimson Trace rocks!
My model 41, S/N 3025 has a 7 3/8in. barrel with the little nub that sticks out that the muzzle brake slips over. There are two different little weights, one aluminum and one steel that can be inserted in the end of the barrel below the muzzle. The bottom of the barrel has machined groves that the three individually adjustable weights that go clear down over the trigger guard slide onto. It still shoots as well as the day it was new.

#174 · (Edited)
Just got my new .50 Beowulf dust cover in the mail.

Laser engraved. Cool. The guys at the forum are thinking about making one that says "One Shot" on the outside and "One Kill" on the inside, but discussion about whether that would lead prosecutors in a home defense situation to try and push pre-meditated has kept it at bay. I like it. A bunch.

#175 ·
Teacher had my friend who was wearing a Jack Daniels T-Shirt go down to the office and change because it "Violated neutral school policy". I'm tempted to wear one of my NRA T-Shirts and see what happens.

That's a nice looking rifle there. There was a fellow that was shooting an M4 the other day at the range and it was fearsome, despite the fact I'm not a big fan of the .223

#179 ·
"Rolex... ... ...this is AA... ... ...Buy a Beowulffffffff..."

#181 ·
Thanks Rolex. I enjoy discussions such as these, especially when people may disagree and a friendly debate is carried on.

Honestly I don't know a heck of a lot about firearms. It's only in the last four years or so that I've done research and built some knowledge, but I'm Seventeen to give me some credit, haha :) The problem I see is that a lot of kids joke around about guns when most of them have never even seen one let a lone shot one and understood the power behind it. Since I have every intention of carrying on the sport that my Grandfather introduced me to I think it's important that I get a good understanding of what I'm using so I never make a serious mistake.

Anyhow, I fortunately don't know what it's like to be shot, regardless of bullitt calibre. My Grandfather was an MP during the second world war and while he was not shot, he was stabbed once while breaking up a bar fight. He's not a man of many words, but then again he's 86 so I'm not expecting much, but he said it hurt like a f*cker. I imagine getting hit by a bullitt would as well.

I guess in my opinion is that when it comes to using a handgun it's close range. The .357 revolver we have isn't really for anything past 10 yards or so (it's a 2 inch barrel), and the rest aren't much farther. I'm a pretty good shot with the .22 pistols that we have but then again most people are. One of the main reasons I stand behind the .45 so much is because of some of the stories I have heard from people who have used it. World war two, Korea and Vietnam vets whom I have personally met have sworn by it. Proven to work by generation after generation. Honestly, I can't say the same for the 9mm. I've spoken with vet's and cops alike who don't trust the 9mm and even carry their own pistol which they paid for themself because they don't trust it. I shoot at paper targets, not people, so what I'm saying here is pretty much heresay, but when people who have been in combat under fire or have come to the point where they needed to draw their pistol and felt secure and confident when using it instead of doubtful I'll listen.

Just my .02 cents, feel free to disagree :)

#182 ·
Honestly I don't know a heck of a lot about firearms. It's only in the last four years or so that I've done research and built some knowledge, but I'm Seventeen to give me some credit, haha :)
Off to a good start. :thumbsup:

he was stabbed once while breaking up a bar fight. He's not a man of many words, but then again he's 86 so I'm not expecting much, but he said it hurt like a F!er. I imagine getting hit by a bullitt would as well.
My response to people who say, "if you're not carrying caliber so-and-so you might as well be throwing rocks," is "really? Let me shoot you once with my caliber so-and-so and we'll see how much fight you have left in you." It would seem that everybody recognizes that being shot would just plain ole' svck. ;)

I guess in my opinion is that when it comes to using a handgun it's close range. The .357 revolver we have isn't really for anything past 10 yards or so (it's a 2 inch barrel), and the rest aren't much farther.
My model 60 S&W has a 2 inch and hurts like a bugger when you fire it with 357 loads. I wear it on occasion but would feel naked if I got into a firefight for several reasons (limited range and accuracy being one of them). No question at close range the 357 is a devastating round. Great back up weapon.

Yup it's a LADY S&W. :shhh::RightTurn:

I shoot at paper targets, not people,
God willing paper is all you'll ever need to shoot at. :eek:

#186 ·
Haha, I got a heck of a story for you there Rolex.

Three christmas's ago my Grandfather got my mother (his daughter) a "Lady .357 S&W" (I think that's what they are/were called). Now, she grew up around guns and such but never really took up the sport, if at all. Mind you, she has no prejuidice at all against firearms. However, it was a bit of a surprise when she removed the wrapping only to find the S&W plastic carry case that they give you when you get the gun. She didn't know what S&W stood for on the front of it so she opened it up only to find a shiny .357 revolver.

He was forced to return it a few days later, haha.

Apparently they are made to be carried in a pocket book, so there are no rough edges that could catch and no external hammer, much like the P99 that we've got.

As you were saying about the kick from those .357's I can't agree more. When we shoot it we usually put in lower grain rounds, nothign special. However, we have special 158 grain copper coated hollow tip rounds that make you think you accidently shot yourself when they go off, haha.

#190 ·
Lol -- I think you win :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.