Post Your Weapons - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; A nail gun! Obviously an anti gunner....
    Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Post Your Weapons

A nail gun! Obviously an anti gunner.

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    What particular model? That's a pretty good price. Before/after DROS and shipping? Is it online or in a local store?

9mm is the way to go if ammo cost is a concern. The ammo is cheap. Practice ammo is wayyy cheaper than any other caliber short of .22lr.

And, actually, the technology we have today has developed some incredible bullets and rounds for the 9mm which perform just as well as many .40's and .45's. Defense ammo technology has come a loooong way from the simple hollow point. Cheapo full metal jacket ammo like the wal-mart white box or Wolf is good practice stuff...just clean the gun every time. I have a bunch of magazines for everything I own. My range mags are always full of the practice stuff and are cheaper aftermarket mags. The ones that are in the guns when I'm carrying them are all factory mags that have no malfunctions, loaded with high quality defensive ammo.

Like everyone says though, shot placement is the most important which means you need to be able to practice. I would even recommend getting a .22lr pistol so you can fire a couple of hundred extra rounds every session without getting fatigued from firing the more powerful handguns. I use a Ruger MkII 6" stainless for a warmup and cool down gun whenever I go. Get's me another two or three hundred trigger pulls every time I go out with only a couple of bucks worth of ammo.
    It looks like a standard P-226, black frame and slide. The price is their buy-it-now price on a gun auction site (I forget which), so shipping and handling and DROS(what is that?) are going to be in addition to $586.

Where can I catch up on the advances in ballistic technology that you're talking about, and what kind of ammo would be an example of what performs on par with .40 and .45? I saw I show about a brand, I think called IQC, that expanded when it tissue and stayed tight for up to nine (I think) inches into hard surfaces. Is this stuff for real? What would be some higher-tech stuff that would be affordable for me?

Quote Originally Posted by EdmondClimber View Post
    every time
    Roger that *nails the bastard with 5.56*

Red_October_7000 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None yet!

Just finished reading the account of the '86 FBI shootout. Talk about the myth of stopping power! Guess all those video games where someone takes dozens of rounds and keeps slogging are closer to reality than some people would think, eh? I've heard an account of a single US soldier on some god-forsaken little island in WWII that was being overrun by the Japanese, and how he kept fighting, firing a .30-cal MMG from the hip and using his dead buddies' grenades, getting shot several times in the process, only to culminate in the cliched, anime-style event (keep in mind AFAIK it actually went down this way!) where a Japanese officer ran him through with his sword, and he PULLED OUT THE SWORD and decapitated the officer with it! I understand at this point the now greatly diminished Japanese broke and ran -they must have decided that he was immortal. Truth be told, though, under the right conditions the human body can survive incredible trauma and continue to function. Sometimes this situation comes about naturally, and sometimes it can be created. About the worst nightmare you can have is someone on PCP, they just shrug off bullets and stuff like tazers doesn't do anything at all -your best bet would probably be to hit them with a car, in all seriousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_October_7000 View Post
    Just finished reading the account of the '86 FBI shootout. Talk about the myth of stopping power! Guess all those video games where someone takes dozens of rounds and keeps slogging are closer to reality than some people would think, eh? I've heard an account of a single US soldier on some god-forsaken little island in WWII that was being overrun by the Japanese, and how he kept fighting, firing a .30-cal MMG from the hip and using his dead buddies' grenades, getting shot several times in the process, only to culminate in the cliched, anime-style event (keep in mind AFAIK it actually went down this way!) where a Japanese officer ran him through with his sword, and he PULLED OUT THE SWORD and decapitated the officer with it! I understand at this point the now greatly diminished Japanese broke and ran -they must have decided that he was immortal. Truth be told, though, under the right conditions the human body can survive incredible trauma and continue to function. Sometimes this situation comes about naturally, and sometimes it can be created. About the worst nightmare you can have is someone on PCP, they just shrug off bullets and stuff like tazers doesn't do anything at all -your best bet would probably be to hit them with a car, in all seriousness.
    Wow.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

There was a case that we studied in one of my classes, in New York I believe, of an officer who was called to check on a "strange acting" individual. Turned out it was a guy who had taken Phencyclidine. He ended up attacking the officer who drew his baton and beat the guy with it, breaking his arm in a compound fracture with the forearm bone sticking out in a jagged edge.

The guy took HIS OWN dangling forearm and fatally stabbed the officer with it. Killed an officer by stabbing him with his own broken forearm. Yea. PCP is some wicked shiznit.

If I had to fight someone on PCP I'd probaby want a flame thrower, although it would most like take a concentrated spray to take them down as the typical "OMG I'm on Fire!!! Fire Bad!!!11" reaction would be suppressed, but that'd work. Failing that I'd want some large-capacity automatic weapon like a Thompson or a Calico.

That's a new one to me, Spyder, though I've seen the famous "Guy peels off his own face" story of a PCP user... In the immortal words of the notorious stoner I knew in high school (every high school had at least one) "Don't touch that shit, man, that shit will fvck you up".

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

A bullet through the brain or the spine drops the PCP / Cocaine attacker.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Hahahahaaa! At last! Someone else that knows the Calico!!!

I WANT one, BAD. I'd be plenty happy with the semi-auto version, but I REALLY REALLY want both the 9mm and the .22lr carbine. Stupid california.

I see them for sale all the time for around 5-600 bucks...I just can't get one here.

Mplsspyder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Come on over and check out
    http://sigforum.com/eve/forums
    Open talk about any kind of gun not just Sig's. They also have a for sale section to get an idea for prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mplsspyder View Post
    Come on over and check out
    http://sigforum.com/eve/forums
    Open talk about any kind of gun not just Sig's. They also have a for sale section to get an idea for prices.
    Thanks!

Yeah the Calico is a neat little weapon, and with the .22LR model would be cheap to keep fed. The magazine is so deep and the Cyclic rate of fire so high that it's actually effective against people in body armor; the little .22s dig holes in the armor!

Silver Dollar is offline Das jus fo decorations
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

What about this full auto 12 ga. Good for PCP addicts, zombies or waves of North Koreans.

[YOUTUBE]xaLLj-XbQRY[/YOUTUBE]

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

You oughtta see what a .58 calibre soft lead Minie bullet out of an 1863 Remington Zouave will do to a deer. .....but you better get it with the first shot

EdmondClimber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    What about this full auto 12 ga. Good for PCP addicts, zombies or waves of North Koreans.

[YOUTUBE]xaLLj-XbQRY[/YOUTUBE]
    sweet I want one

for home defense

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.