Post Your Weapons - Page 67
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 161 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2402
Like Tree477Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; Thanks for the advice Koz. The rifle has a Pachmayr recoil pad on it and, if I'm honest, the recoil ...
    Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Re: Post Your Weapons

Thanks for the advice Koz. The rifle has a Pachmayr recoil pad on it and, if I'm honest, the recoil isn't as bad as a 300 long magnum. I'm just a nancy boy that's used to firing a 308 or 223. If I intended to shoot the magnum a lot I would get a sled/vise to take all the punishment. At $45 for a box of 20 rounds I don't think I will be shooting it all that much.

eta: I shot the magnum and the FN again today. The lighter trigger on the magnum made it much easier to shoot. No improvement in my 5 shot groups though.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

As the velocity goes up, the recoil punishment factor goes up with it. For pure shooting pleasure it's hard to beat a .375 H&H. In many ways it reminds me of a .30-06; in accuracy, recoil, and general ballistics. The hot .300 Magnums seem to be much sharper rather than a big push like the .375. The .338 Win. Mag. can bite but the guy that delivers the big blows is the .458 Win. Mag. About 3-5 shots is about as many as you want in one day. On top of that at up to $45 a shot it gets expensive.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Thanks for checking and searching.

I found a few auction places that list some Dan Wesson stuff and this particular revolver commands anywhere from 1400 to 2800 (.455 super mag)

I am always game for a good deal (if I think so), but I am really on the fence about buying the thing as there doesn't seem to be any demand.

The only thing that interests me is that it is with everything and never been fired.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Are any of the auctions being bid on? How much are you looking at getting it for? If one of the auctions goes for more than you'd be paying, you've got a sound investment. If not, who knows? If the price is REALLY right, like, half of what they're going for, maybe you should pick it up, clean it, lube it, and stick it in the bottom of the safe for a while.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

It was offered to me for 1K.

I know this thead isn't about buying and selling guns, but if your interested and know an ffl to handle the sale, I can put you in touch with the guy.

I revisited my collection and I don't need any more guns, let a lone a unique cal!

Here is a link to what I found: http://www.gunsinternational.com/results.cfm?cid=595

Nah, I'm not on the market for anything like that...though if I was, that sounds like a great deal! Thanks for the offer...and maybe in a few months if its still around I'll look you up.

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Maybe you guys can help: My 83 year old father-in-law thinks he needs a handgun in his house. He is familiar with weapons, he use to shoot on a pistol team. The problem is he doesn't have a strong enough grip to pull back a semi. We were at a gun show this weekend and he was pretty frustrated. He decided he'll have to find a light revolver. We saw a nice 32 magnum that he could handle but he wants a 9mm. We couldn't find one and the dealers said they are rare if available at all.

Any suggestions for a weak old man who wants some firepower?

Stay away from the 32 for self defense or home defense, it's underpowered and you won't find a decent self defense round. 9mm revolvers are tedious to fool with IMO. The rimless 9mm cartridge requires the weapon have clips to hold the rounds. IMO there's a reason companies like S&W discontinued the 9mm revolvers.

Find him a K frame or N frame 38 spl that fits his hand. I say 38 spl because the +P rounds are a decent self defense round, and 357 mag may be too much to handle for an elderly man. Generally the 38 spl can be had for less $$$ then the same firearm in 357 mag. Ammo is cheaper too.

eta: a good pre-owned S&W 38 spl FTMFW!

JMHO

What the hell is FTMFW?

But yea, I agree with the rest of that.

Cliff8928 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V - XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    What the hell is FTMFW?

But yea, I agree with the rest of that.

For
    The
    Mother
    (I'm pretty sure you can guess the "F")
    Win

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Thanks guys, I'll do some searching on that.

Edit: I found the specs on a K frame Model 10 S&W. They weigh 36 oz empty. My father-in-law thinks my unloaded Hi Point C9 at 26oz is heavy! Maybe he needs to consider a shotgun like the Winchester Defender we just found for my sis-in-law at the show.

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

101 pages on this thread. This...is...EPIC!!

And it makes me giggle.

Ha, funny...as you were typing that, I was pulling my SP-1 out of the safe to clean it. Been having short stroking issues and I'm hoping its just dirty.

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

I'll bet fierodough, murphyg, and others are pissed about this thread hanging on so long.

I refinished the stock on my new Weatherby rifle today. Woodland camo done with an airbrush and Duracoat: (crappy pics as always )

I'm not going to re-assemble the rifle for a couple of weeks so the finish can cure. Be honest, what do you guys think? Remember it's my first attempt at refinishing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.