Post Your Weapons - Page 63
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 161 FirstFirst ... 13 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 113 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Spyder Don't you carry a .458 Win Mag in the truck with you everywhere you go? I'm ...
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Post Your Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Don't you carry a .458 Win Mag in the truck with you everywhere you go? I'm pretty sure that's the largest caliber firearm anyone on this forum has brought up and admitted to owning, to date.

I take it with me when the teddy bears are scheduled to have their picnic.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Hobby-wise, there's always the education and realization that manually stuffing .451 caliber roundballs and FFFg black powder into the cylinders of a Colt or Remington cap and ball revolver made history in the U.S. from around 1850 to 1872. Prior to that it was patched roundball Pennsylvania and Kentucky rifles and smoothbore pistols. Fun, and the encampments, reenactments, and rendezvous are memorable times.

Gothicaleigh is correct in one view: full-auto, whether Thompson, AK-74 or .45-70 Gatling, is for close-in massacre on a large scale, or for someone who is no marksman. Single shot, in whatever weapon, is for accuracy and picking them off one at a time, selectively. Takes a lot of concentration to effectively shoot your game through the right ear at 350 yards. Relax, hold a tad high for your known setting, breathe out, watch head movement, time the shot, and squeeze. Bit of wind ? Go for a lung shot.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

=] And a Viper SRT-10 is for badass raw muscle quarter mile times while a Spitfire is for rounding corners with finesse and skill and a Truggy is for climbing impossible rock walls with way too much power and balls of steel. =]

To each his own. Different styles and varieties of the same hobbies require different tools to accomplish them. Single shot long range stuff is fun. So is rapid fire precision shooting at medium range. Hence my .204 Ruger chambered AR-15. Awesome round, low recoil, way more than one round per second and still more precise than I am. Good fun, either way.

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

`Leigh,
    As far as automatic weapons go, sometimes you just gotta have the firepower. As far as the Second Amendment, you have to remember that the context in which it was written involved a country that didn't have a standing army at first. Whatever army it needed was to be called up from the citizenry, who would be bringing their own weapons and equipment with them. The weapons, of course, needed to be military-grade. The Second Amendment was also written by people who had just witnessed what a government could do to it's citizens when the wasn't an armed force to stop it. Geopolitical shifts being what they are, the Founding Fathers knew that they couldn't expect another country to come in and prevent a central government from oppressing it's citizens. Therefore, the armed force keeping the government in check had to be the people themselves, and they needed to be armed with weapons that would leave them at equal parity with whateer force was sent against them by an oppressive government.

Oh, the above also applied to invasions by foreign countries or hostile Indian nations.

andrew99eldorado is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    There is more to owning a firearm then just personal protection. There's actually FUN to be had for those that enjoy shooting firearms and shooting sports. I have firearms I use to hunt, some that I use solely to have fun, others I use to gain focus and concentration, some I carry for personal protection, and some I own that I never shoot at all. If you were to rock climb, off road, drag race, and track race you couldn't do all that with only one vehicle. It's the same with firearms for those people who view it as a hobby or have adopted firearms into their way of life.

And FYI, in the days the second amendment was written the black powder rifle was what military and civilian alike owned. The second amendment has never drawn limits to the type of firearms an individual can own. There are laws governing the types of firearms that are legal to own that are completely unrelated to the second amendment. The 2A has always guaranteed that the individuals' right to own them cannot be infringed upon.
    That is a great explanation. I enjoy shooting as a hobby. Weather it be an over under shotgun that stays locked at a gun club for skeet shooting. Semi auto rifles and pistols for indoor rifle ranges, target shooting, etc. A few fall into the home defense area which i feel the chances of actually having to use are slim to none. Personnel carry weapons are the type for me which are no longer a hobby. I have a home rental business on the side and the majority of homes i rent out are in some bad areas of detroit and dont think twice about carrying there.

I almost forgot, as colleting goes alot of these pieces appreciate in value. I wish a while back i would have bought a number of full auto recievers instead of putting money in the stock market lol.

SilverCoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 SDV (199K), 95 FWB Blk on Blk. (113K) 98 ETC (173K)

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    We need to crack down on drunk drivers, (who kill more people than all the devices above), go back to meaningful jail sentencing, return to public execution by hanging and firing squad, and muzzle lawyers who earn a staggering amount of money by returning the worst criminals to the streets. Fear is a positive crime deterrent, not rehabilitation. A dead criminal doesn't go back, Jack, and do it again.......
    I agree with Sub's quote above, good stuff. Could not have explained it better myself...

Eric Kahn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham, 1988 Fleetwood Brougham

I finally got the P08 luger I always wanted

Sweet! I'd love to pick up a Luger or two, just to have one. I wouldn't want one of the super valuable ones, just an operational piece of history. Well, I'd take a high dollar one if I was loaded, but I'd rather have a shooter or two and a couple of other firearms than one super collectible piece. =]

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    `Leigh,
    As far as automatic weapons go, sometimes you just gotta have the firepower. As far as the Second Amendment, you have to remember that the context in which it was written involved a country that didn't have a standing army at first. Whatever army it needed was to be called up from the citizenry, who would be bringing their own weapons and equipment with them. The weapons, of course, needed to be military-grade. The Second Amendment was also written by people who had just witnessed what a government could do to it's citizens when the wasn't an armed force to stop it. Geopolitical shifts being what they are, the Founding Fathers knew that they couldn't expect another country to come in and prevent a central government from oppressing it's citizens. Therefore, the armed force keeping the government in check had to be the people themselves, and they needed to be armed with weapons that would leave them at equal parity with whateer force was sent against them by an oppressive government.

Oh, the above also applied to invasions by foreign countries or hostile Indian nations.
    That is quite interesting. The first time Id heard that.
    So at the time it was written; It was written by the government, for the people, to protect the people from the government...?

Gives more of a meaning to "By The People For The People". It really does bring things together a-bit.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    next time either of you 2 defeat the ignore feature and reply to eachother, you're gone for a month.
    after that, you're out for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphyg View Post
    That is quite interesting. The first time Id heard that.
    So at the time it was written; It was written by the government, for the people, to protect the people from the government...?

Gives more of a meaning to "By The People For The People". It really does bring things together a-bit.
    hmmm. didnt take long to ignore my request. cya.

Does anyone know who makes good night sights for a Beretta/Stoeger 8000?

Check out Trijicon...they do a lot of very good nght sights, I'm assuming they'd have some for your Beretta as well.

If not, I suppose I can hire a gunsmith?

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I suppose I should contribute to this thread after reading it so often.

My main home defense piece is nothing special- a S&W .357 that I keep loaded with .38 Magsafe (prefrag) rounds. It's sturdy, easy to fire, and if I miss six times I can always hit 'em with it.

My other gun has never been fired since it's been in my possession, and that's this beauty: A Pre-WWII "First series" Colt Woodsman.

It was left to me when my Grandfather passed away, and I've had a heck of a time figuring out exactly the make and history of it. As best I can figure, the manufacture date was sometime in 1919 (based on the serial #7172), and I've only been able to find one other one ANYWHERE on-line with a ventilated rib and weight tube. I figured for a while it had to be a Woodsman, but I kept getting thrown off by the complete and utter lack of any evidence of a Woodsman with a weight tube in any of the collections I looked at. I finally found one, which makes me wonder if it's incredibly rare or a custom job.

It's probably worth something, but I've never checked.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Ha, the Colt IS pretty f'ing sweet. Got any more pics of it? I've got some sources that might be able to help...maybe?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.