Post Your Weapons - Page 6
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 2402
Like Tree477Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; Yea you can... http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=82109705...
  1. #76
    Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoma Co, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,685

    Re: Post Your Weapons


  2. #77
    CIWS's Avatar
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    D/FW Tejas
    Posts
    25,391

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    I have only fired pistol once, and it was a .40 cal. I would need to try some calibers and wepons out and see what I like. I was trained to use an M16A2, but you cant conceal those. ;-)
    Well then you need to understand that proficiency with a handgun is a whole different ball of wax and takes a great deal of practice in most cases. So if you go this route be prepared to spend a small fortune in ammo at the range practicing, especially if you want to be able to make repeated head shots under stressful situations. Start at a target range of about 7 yards and work your way out to 15 yards eventually. Most self defense shooting takes place at 7 yards or less. Index finger placement and trigger pull have a much greater effect with a handgun and accuracy than standard rifles / ranges.

    I would honestly try and point you to either .45 or .40 cal (bullet weight), but a 9mm will do the trick. What's most important there is a weapon you are comfortable shooting and accurate with. Fire discipline is also important, as some people buy high capacity handguns and "pray and spray", which again even if a bad guy hits me with two or three 9mm rounds in non vital areas and I take a well aimed shot and pop him in the heart or skull, only I get to leave the hospital.

  3. #78
    CIWS's Avatar
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    D/FW Tejas
    Posts
    25,391

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    More real world reenforcement about the importance of pinpoint accuracy over just hits.

    "A sheriff's deputy who killed six young people at a house party in Crandon, Wisconsin, apparently died after shooting himself three times in the head with a .40-caliber pistol, the state attorney general said.

    The three gunshot wounds to the head included two nonfatal rounds with entry points below the chin, and one fatal shot that entered Peterson through the right side of the head," Van Hollen said. "

    It would appear he attempted suicide by placing the gun below his chin and shooting himself. (not the best way) Survived the first shot, fired again from the same position, survived the 2nd shot, and while suffering from two shots through his chin/face/head (missing the brain) picked the gun up to the right side of his head and fired the shot that killed him. A horrible reality to think about, but once again it shows the difference between being shot (twice through the face/head) and still being able to operate a weapon and continue to be a threat.

    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/10/wis...ing/index.html

  4. #79
    EcSTSatic's Avatar
    EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    4,617

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    I have only fired pistol once, and it was a .40 cal. I would need to try some calibers and wepons out and see what I like. I was trained to use an M16A2, but you cant conceal those. ;-)
    Didn't you fire the .45 in boot camp? We qual'd on the M14 and the M16 after BC. We also used grenades - that's the way to do in your opponent! None of that double tap stuff

    Semper Fi

  5. #80
    dkozloski's Avatar
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak
    Age
    74
    Posts
    26,553

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    What do Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman have in common?
    They learned to shoot in the Marine Corps.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!


  6. #81
    93DevilleUSMC's Avatar
    93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,327

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by EcSTSatic View Post
    Didn't you fire the .45 in boot camp? We qual'd on the M14 and the M16 after BC. We also used grenades - that's the way to do in your opponent! None of that double tap stuff

    Semper Fi
    They only qualify you on the M16. I went through in 2005-2006. They only teach you the other weapons in MCT or SOI, which I was discharged before I made it to. That being said, I know they teach you all of the infantry weapons, but I'm not sure about pistols. As far as the .45 goes, I think only certain Recon units, MEU(SOC) personnel, and the MARSOc guys get those. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure about this.

    Semper Fi

  7. #82
    93DevilleUSMC's Avatar
    93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,327

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Single shot only, or does it have a burst mode?

    By the way, I'd prefer NOT having to wear a jacket to keep my weapon hidden.

  8. #83
    EdmondClimber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    164

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    MCT sucked

    You think your a Marine but then you have Cpl's that think there DI's your in the field for 30 days and you throw a grenade you shoot SAW thats about it.


    after MCT
    SNCO's qualify and are issued a 9mm Beretta which stays in the armory 90% of the time. along with your M16 or M4

  9. #84
    EdmondClimber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    164

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    Single shot only, or does it have a burst mode?

    By the way, I'd prefer NOT having to wear a jacket to keep my weapon hidden.
    you can get full auto if you pay the tax stamp for that particular weapon. you can tell by price a full auto AR doesn't go for 900. more like 9000-14000.

  10. #85
    93DevilleUSMC's Avatar
    93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,327

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Well then you need to understand that proficiency with a handgun is a whole different ball of wax and takes a great deal of practice in most cases. So if you go this route be prepared to spend a small fortune in ammo at the range practicing, especially if you want to be able to make repeated head shots under stressful situations. Start at a target range of about 7 yards and work your way out to 15 yards eventually. Most self defense shooting takes place at 7 yards or less. Index finger placement and trigger pull have a much greater effect with a handgun and accuracy than standard rifles / ranges.

    I would honestly try and point you to either .45 or .40 cal (bullet weight), but a 9mm will do the trick. What's most important there is a weapon you are comfortable shooting and accurate with. Fire discipline is also important, as some people buy high capacity handguns and "pray and spray", which again even if a bad guy hits me with two or three 9mm rounds in non vital areas and I take a well aimed shot and pop him in the heart or skull, only I get to leave the hospital.
    Thanks for the advice! I will definitely use it. As far as caliber goes, if your honest opinion is that I should go with .40 or .45, I am definitely willing to try them. I'm flexible on caliber, because if a round (9mm or up) nails your brain, you are going to be dead anyway. Most of the police out here prefer .40 S&W, but one department( Dekalb PD) use 9mm high pressure rounds (forgot the exact P rating).

    I do want a decent capacity (8 rounds minimum if I bought a 1911, or 10 rounds minimum for all others), but that's not for spray and pray fire. That's for being dang sure that I could survive a firefight with multiple attackers. It seems to me like insurance: not always needed, but good to have.

  11. #86
    Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoma Co, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,685

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Think of this too...like someone said before (CIWS, I believe), you're going to have to spend a LOT of time and money on practicing. LOTS of ammo will be fired if you want to become proficient and effective and be able to draw, aim, fire without having to think about it. Lots of ammo = lots of money. If you buy a .45, the ammo is twice as much as if you buy a 9mm. The price of the ammo will add up, QUICKLY, if you shoot as much as some of us...A thousand rounds of 9mm goes for around $200. A thousand rounds of .45 is going to run you $300+. When I go to the range I fire at least a couple of hundred every time...and if you go to the range once every two weeks that's an extra fifty bucks every time you go, a hundred bucks a month.

    Price of ammo is important. If you can't afford to shoot a LOT you're not going to be accurate with it. I'd rather hit an attacker with a .380 than miss them with a .45

  12. #87
    EdmondClimber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    164

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I will definitely use it. As far as caliber goes, if your honest opinion is that I should go with .40 or .45, I am definitely willing to try them. I'm flexible on caliber, because if a round (9mm or up) nails your brain, you are going to be dead anyway. Most of the police out here prefer .40 S&W, but one department( Dekalb PD) use 9mm high pressure rounds (forgot the exact P rating).

    I do want a decent capacity (8 rounds minimum if I bought a 1911, or 10 rounds minimum for all others), but that's not for spray and pray fire. That's for being dang sure that I could survive a firefight with multiple attackers. It seems to me like insurance: not always needed, but good to have.
    I have a 33rd magazine for my 9mm Glock and you should probably never aim for the head; at least for your first shot . The brain is a very small target. plus be aware of whats behind a person before you shoot you don't want to kit a kid on the playground.

  13. #88
    93DevilleUSMC's Avatar
    93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,327

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by EdmondClimber View Post
    MCT sucked

    You think your a Marine but then you have Cpl's that think there DI's your in the field for 30 days and you throw a grenade you shoot SAW thats about it.


    after MCT
    SNCO's qualify and are issued a 9mm Beretta which stays in the armory 90% of the time. along with your M16 or M4
    Man, the thing I hated were the civilian contractors who thought they were DIs. There was a particularly fat one there in Initial Issue. He thought he was Gunnery Sergeant Ermey.

  14. #89
    93DevilleUSMC's Avatar
    93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,327

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by EdmondClimber View Post
    I have a 33rd magazine for my 9mm Glock and you should probably never aim for the head; at least for your first shot . The brain is a very small target. plus be aware of whats behind a person before you shoot you don't want to kit a kid on the playground.
    So I should go for center-of-mass?

  15. #90
    93DevilleUSMC's Avatar
    93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,327

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Think of this too...like someone said before (CIWS, I believe), you're going to have to spend a LOT of time and money on practicing. LOTS of ammo will be fired if you want to become proficient and effective and be able to draw, aim, fire without having to think about it. Lots of ammo = lots of money. If you buy a .45, the ammo is twice as much as if you buy a 9mm. The price of the ammo will add up, QUICKLY, if you shoot as much as some of us...A thousand rounds of 9mm goes for around $200. A thousand rounds of .45 is going to run you $300+. When I go to the range I fire at least a couple of hundred every time...and if you go to the range once every two weeks that's an extra fifty bucks every time you go, a hundred bucks a month.

    Price of ammo is important. If you can't afford to shoot a LOT you're not going to be accurate with it. I'd rather hit an attacker with a .380 than miss them with a .45
    I'm in college, so price is a CRITICAL issue for me. 9mm sounds like my best bet. Plus, you get get decent round types (so I've heard) for 9mm. What kind of prices am I looking at for 1,000 rounds of .40 or 1,000 rounds of .357 Sig.?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting