Post Your Weapons - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; One great thing about the Sig's is that if you buy either a .357 SIG or a .40 S&W you ...
    Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: Post Your Weapons

One great thing about the Sig's is that if you buy either a .357 SIG or a .40 S&W you can buy a spare barrel for a hundred bucks and switch between them in about fifteen seconds. Same magazine, same frame, same springs, etc...just swap the barrel.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    Say price wasn't an issue, would you recommend that I go with a Glock 17/22, or a P226/220?
    Obviously biased...but the Sig. You're wanting a full sized frame, I take it? The 226 can be had in 9mm, or the .357/.40 combo. The 220 is a .45.

The 229 is a little bit smaller and the 239 is the little baby sized one.

Sinister Angel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A boat

I have a simple solution so a cocked weapon doesn't go off - keep your booger hook off the bang switch. Works every time.

HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

Here's just a few pictures I have already loaded in photobucket:

The only two guns I wish I'd never sold:

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Angel View Post
    93DevilleUSMC: I would shoot all of the above, plus the G23 and for the SIG side, a 229. I like my .40
    , try and shoot anything you are considering. Most ranges around here rent guns. Find which one feels, fires, and feeds the best for YOU and that's what I would go with. .40 is fine in my book. I'm not real concerned with large mag capacity as I don't plan on getting into any prolonged firefights and I don't pray and spray. That's what a shotgun is for

Silver Dollar is offline Das jus fo decorations
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I don't have pictures handy but here's a list of my arsenal......

Pistols
    Browning Hi Power 9mm w/adjustable sights
    Auto Ordinance M1911 .45

Rifles
    Browning BLR .358, iron sights (my brush gun)
    1903 Springfield .30-06 modified with a composite stock and a Zeiss 3x9x40 scope

Shotguns
    Browning A-5 light twelve (the first significant purchase of my life, mowed many a lawns to pay for it)
    Browning Gold 10 ga. auto
    Stoeger SxS double 12 ga.
    Mossberg 12 ga. pump, cut down for home defense
    my great-uncle's Western Auto 20 ga. bolt action
    and my great-grandfather's Heartford Arms SxS double 12 ga.

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Model '03 Winchester, .22 Winchester automatic. Kinda like .22 LR
    Model '97 Winchester, 12 ga. shotgun. My dad bought it when he was a kid before WWI.
    Model 11 Remington, 12 ga. auto. Very rare four digit serial number. Safety inside
    the trigger guard like a Garand. Never seen another like it or know anybody
    that has seen one like it.
    Model 88 Remington autoloader, .35 Remington automatic
    Model '03 National Match Springfield, .243 Win. cal, Fajen stock, I built it when I was
    16 years old.
    Model 70 Winchester pre '64, .338 Win. Mag.
    Model 1917 Enfield .458 Win. Mag., Laminated walnut/maple stock, Douglas barrel. A
    winter project by me. My bear gun.
    Victor Sarasquetta 16ga., side by side double, double trigger, auto ejectors, fully
    engraved, gold inlaid, extra selected wood. Appraised $3750+
    Model 41 S&W target pistol .22LR, Very rare with full original olympic weight set and
    barrel compensator. I paid $120 new.
    Model 1950 Target S&W .44spl, Magna grips, custom gold bead front sight. Bought
    new for $67.50.
    Remington Navy model cap & ball .44, Made from kit by me.
    Model 459 S&W 9mm, Custom made by me Macassar ebony grips.
    Model PPK/s Walther .380 auto, custom grips.
    Daisy air BB gun.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    Model 11 Remington, 12 ga. auto. Very rare four digit serial number. Safety inside the trigger guard like a Garand. Never seen another like it or know anybody that has seen one like it.
    That does sound unique. My dad has a Model 11 but it's identical to my Browning A-5 with a few minor exceptions.

That must have been an early one.

Nice list Koz.

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    That does sound unique. My dad has a Model 11 but it's identical to my Browning A-5 with a few minor exceptions.

That must have been an early one.

Nice list Koz.
    Everybody has seen a Model 11 Remington with the cross push safety behind the trigger guard. The internal parts of mine resemble those of the later Model 11 and the Browning but I had to make replacements from scratch to get mine to repeat. I did find a replacement forend that I could make work. Remington's website says that the serial number block for 12ga. Model 11s starts at s/n 10,000 and mine is s/n 9178 so it must be preproduction.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

93DevilleUSMC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    , try and shoot anything you are considering. Most ranges around here rent guns. Find which one feels, fires, and feeds the best for YOU and that's what I would go with. .40 is fine in my book. I'm not real concerned with large mag capacity as I don't plan on getting into any prolonged firefights and I don't pray and spray. That's what a shotgun is for
    I'm wanting to start out with 9mm, although I am open other calibers. I hear 357 Sig is pretty accurate. How's it's knockdown?

Spyder: If it's a concealable full-size, then yes. I'd go for the smaller frames too, just depends. I haven't shot any of the weapons here except the Glock 22 .40 cal.

Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    I'm wanting to start out with 9mm, although I am open other calibers. I hear 357 Sig is pretty accurate. How's it's knockdown?

"knockdown" is a myth don't buy into it. The laws of physics says if a projectile had enough force to knock down a target it would have to have enough force to knock down the shooter as well, and usually by the time it gets down range the projectile has already lost some amount of its original energy. As the old example goes, if I walk up behind you and stick you in the ass with a pin, you will jump up into the air. It's not the force of the pin that causes that, it's your body's reaction to being stuck with a pin. A body may react to being shot, it also may not. There are a myriad of examples both in law enforcement and the military of people being struck with large powerful projectiles and shrapnel and not even knowing they've been hit. A human on adrenaline can be a pretty serious beast. The two most important considerations should be accuracy and the amount of tissue destroyed by the shot (diameter of the bullet). We make soft point and hollow point ammo so that it expands in flesh and becomes a greater diameter, hopefully destroying more tissue. The tradeoff for this is as it expands it looses energy and penetration. Or if shooting through heavy clothing or a leather jacket a hollow point can become clogged with material and not expand as well as being robbed of energy to penetrate deep enough to strike something vital. The desired effect is instant or very rapid incapacitation and this is not very easy to achieve outside of a good head shot. Even if an armed bad guy lasts for another 10 seconds after you shoot him, 10 seconds is an eternity for him to attack / shoot back at you. Much less several minutes because nothing vital was hit by your bullets and he has time to slowly bleed to incapacitation. Reference the 1986 Miami FBI shootout and more recently the 1997 L.A bank robbery "North Hollywood Shootout"

357 Sig seems to be a good round, although I have never fired one, I have several friends with them. As Spyder pointed out the Sig .357 can be purchased and with minor changes also be used to shoot .40 cal

Sinister Angel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A boat

.357sig is a bit more expensive in comparison as well.

as for this
    The tradeoff for this is as it expands it looses energy and penetration.
    Not quite - it's transferring the energy to the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Angel View Post
    as for this

Not quite - it's transferring the energy to the target.
    Energy for penetration. Transfering energy to the target doesn't do squat if it doesn't penetrate deep enough to hit anything vital and destroy it.

Sea Wiz is right.

Force = Mass x Accelration.

Knock Down Power = Marketing x Hype

EdmondClimber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    Sea Wiz is right.

Force = Mass x Accelration.

Knock Down Power = Marketing x Hype
    Shoot a guy in the chest with a 9mm and then with a 45 and ask him which one he though had more knock down power

well placed shots > knock down power

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.