Post Your Weapons - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 162 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; Sig > Glock. That is all....
    Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: Post Your Weapons

Sig > Glock.

That is all.

EdmondClimber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Sig > Glock.

That is all.
    $$$$ < $$

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by EdmondClimber View Post
    $$$$ < $$
    When talking about a weapon which may save your life, a few hundred dollars doesn't seem that important to me. But then I'm biased toward Sig autos.

EdmondClimber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    When talking about a weapon which may save your life, a few hundred dollars doesn't seem that important to me. But then I'm biased toward Sig autos.

never had a problem with the Glock

I have. Both of the ones I've owned I had problems with. Biased? Yes. All of the SWAT guys and gun guys that I know, myself included, consider the Sig a superior weapon. All of my professors always praised the Sig as the ultimate combat platform which is what got me started on research and experiencing them. I also really like the decocking feature, the non-poly frame and the endurance of them in general and mine in particular. I've got a story to back the endurance and reliability of mine...I'll get into it later as I've got to go pick someone up that just called...The look is awesome too. Business, plain and simple.

I agree with the Life > $$$$ idea. I don't have all that much against Glocks and wouldn't persuade someone to NOT buy one if they couldn't afford a Sig, but the Sig is, in all aspects as far as I'm concerned, better.

To each his own.

I wish Sig made something in 10mm though!

Sinister Angel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A boat

SIG as the ultimate combat platform? These guys probably jerk each other off on the weekend too.

Decocking feature? Why do I want that in a combat pistol? You're talking SIGs up like they are the firearm of choice for middle-aged males going through a mid life crisis or something.

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

The Sig P220 Combat has undergone some pretty rough testing. And the Navy SEALs and (from what I understand) Force Recon Marines use and trust the P226. That alone gives me all the reason I need to trust a Sig.

No, Jeff isn't on the forums. He runs a store in Oklahoma City

I dunno...Most of the time I fire FAR over a thousand rounds a month...I think that alone gives me a little bit of an idea of what I like and what works and what doesn't. I've been through Sigs and Glocks and S&W's and Rugers and Brownings and Taurus' and H&K's and M&P's and Colts and Armalites and AMT's and IAI's and Iver Johnsons' and a whole slew of others...The Sig has had ONE malfunction in well over 100,000 rounds that I myself have fired. One. One single failure to eject, using a light hand load.

The others are NO WHERE near that performance mark. And the Sig I'm speaking of is an '88 P226 that I got with over a hundred thousand through it already. That means well over TWO hundred thousand rounds and still running as smooth as the day it was built.

Decocking feature in a combat pistol? Hmmm...maybe to decock the pistol without having to pull the trigger on a hot chamber? Hmmmm...

Bed time for me...buuuuuuuut yea, it is by far the most reliable firearm I have ever encountered. I'm not professing to be the God of firearms or the end-all of knowledge. I'm only talking about my own personal experience. As I said, hundreds of thousands of rounds through dozens and dozens of weapons. My Sig P226 is by FAR the most reliable weapon I have encountered and that's all I was saying. There may be better out there, there may not. I was presenting my own opinion, bolstered by the opinions of those individuals whom I know with far more years of experience than myself, which I stated numerous times. I tend to take the word of those who do these things for a living over those who don't, eh.

Smiley face to show I'm not all that serious and not pissed.

G'night all...see ya in the morning!

Each owner simply needs to get the firearm they are most comfortable with and can shoot accurately.
    I owned a Glock 17 after they came out years and years ago. That gun would malfunction on some ammo (cheap reloads) and I could limp wrist it into a misfeed repeatedly. My P220 has just never done that, ever. No matter how light I hold it or what cheap ass ammo I fire through it. It feeds and fires and is scary accurate. Any pistol I could limp wrist into misfeeding, I got rid of no matter who made it. Now almost certainly Glock has improved over the years and come out with numerous models since then. Several friends have them that I've fired, it's not a POS weapon. But in Sig, specifically the P220, I've found the weapon for me. Up until a few weeks ago I had not bought another pistol since getting that P220 about 18 years ago, didn't feel the need. I bought the 500 Mag more or less for the hell of it to carry as backup when we go hunting hogs. The decock is nice to have, especially at the range when teaching new shooters and I personally like a gun with a hammer I can cock if I want to fire single action for a ranged shot. But again those are personal preferences. To each their own. Talking weapons is like talking cars, to say this one is better than that one, blah, blah ,blah. It's up to the owner's taste and desires. The only exception is in a situation where you are issued a service weapon, that you have to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I have. Both of the ones I've owned I had problems with. Biased? Yes. All of the SWAT guys and gun guys that I know, myself included, consider the Sig a superior weapon. All of my professors always praised the Sig as the ultimate combat platform which is what got me started on research and experiencing them. I also really like the decocking feature, the non-poly frame and the endurance of them in general and mine in particular. I've got a story to back the endurance and reliability of mine...I'll get into it later as I've got to go pick someone up that just called...The look is awesome too. Business, plain and simple.

I agree with the Life > $$$$ idea. I don't have all that much against Glocks and wouldn't persuade someone to NOT buy one if they couldn't afford a Sig, but the Sig is, in all aspects as far as I'm concerned, better.

To each his own.

I wish Sig made something in 10mm though!
    What's the price range difference between, say, a Glock 17 and a P226?

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Each owner simply needs to get the firearm they are most comfortable with and can shoot accurately.
    I owned a Glock 17 after they came out years and years ago. That gun would malfunction on some ammo (cheap reloads) and I could limp wrist it into a misfeed repeatedly. My P220 has just never done that, ever. No matter how light I hold it or what cheap ass ammo I fire through it. It feeds and fires and is scary accurate. Any pistol I could limp wrist into misfeeding, I got rid of no matter who made it. Now almost certainly Glock has improved over the years and come out with numerous models since then. Several friends have them that I've fired, it's not a POS weapon. But in Sig, specifically the P220, I've found the weapon for me. Up until a few weeks ago I had not bought another pistol since getting that P220 about 18 years ago, didn't feel the need. I bought the 500 Mag more or less for the hell of it to carry as backup when we go hunting hogs. The decock is nice to have, especially at the range when teaching new shooters and I personally like a gun with a hammer I can cock if I want to fire single action for a ranged shot. But again those are personal preferences. To each their own. Talking weapons is like talking cars, to say this one is better than that one, blah, blah ,blah. It's up to the owner's taste and desires. The only exception is in a situation where you are issued a service weapon, that you have to live with.
    Say price wasn't an issue, would you recommend that I go with a Glock 17/22, or a P226/220?

Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    Say price wasn't an issue, would you recommend that I go with a Glock 17/22, or a P226/220?
    I'm a .45 fan, so a .45. As far as which gun ? Have you shot them both ?

I can live with the it's a personal preference argument. I just think for me that the decocking feature is just silly. If I'm in a situation where the chamber is gonna be hot, usually means I'm about to fire, or I'm going to need to fire on a moments notice (self defense shoot). Never saw a decocking feature on my M4

93DevilleUSMC: I would shoot all of the above, plus the G23 and for the SIG side, a 229. I like my .40

Oh yeah, the M9 blows nuts btw. That is all.

Brand new Glock 17 (full size 9mm) can be had for under 500 bucks.
    http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=82409208

Brand new Sig P226 (Full size 9mm) can be had for under $800.
    http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=82315409

I actually carry a Kahr K40. I want to buy a Sig 239 in .357SIG to replace it with but have decided I need to take a break from buying firearms. The Sig 239 is the little guy, the 229 is the midsize and the 226 is the full size. The old 228 used to the be compact but they're hard to find anymore. All three can be had in 9mm, 357SIG or 40S&W. I don't know if any of you have fired the 357SIG round, but its very impressive. Basically a .40 cal necked down to 9mm size...kinda like a 9mm magnum. Glock makes guns chambered for it too. Glock also makes a 45 GAP Glock Auto Pistol, designed by a guy at CCI/Speer) which fires the 45GAP round, which is a shortened but still very potent version of the 45ACP. It's great for little concealed guns that you still want a .45 caliber bullet. It's actually a little bit shorter than the 9mm or .40S&W round.

If the Glock feels better in your hand, by all means buy it. I'm just posting about my own experience. Granted, I'm a 24 year old "kid" that claims to know a lot. Firearms are one of the 'things' that I do. I know that I have a BUNCH to learn and I'm often wrong, just as anyone else in anything. I also know that the Glocks I have owned have malfunctioned on a regular basis while the Sig has not.

Again with the decocker? You can't think of ANY situation where you might have a round chambered in a SA/DA pistol with the hammer cocked where you wouldn't want to drop the hammer without having to either pull the trigger or empty the chamber? Hmmmm...seems to me I could think of a bunch. Situation de-escalates and you no longer need to point your weapon at anyone. Hammer is cocked, round is in the chamber. If you squeeze the trigger and have your thumb on the hammer to slow it, your thumb could slip off firing a round. Not the greatest situation. If you drop the mag, rack the slide and eject the round you're left vulnerable and the situation will likely escalate again to where you need that round you just pulled from the chamber. At the range? If you don't fire a full magazine? In the holster, when the hammer catches on your seatbelt and is cocked as you're exiting your car. Taking a new shooter to the range, you load a magazine, pop it in, chamber a round and hand them the gun. The hammer is going to be cocked. Not the best way to hand a pistol to a new shooter, eh? When you chamber that first round the slide leaves the pistol cocked and ready to go. Maybe you want a round in the chamber but you don't want the hammer pulled back because you don't plan on shooting it right away. The decocker is a wonderful feature to have on a SA/DA pistol...THAT one I'll argue with.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.