Post Your Weapons - Page 29
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 162 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 129 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; Range day for me on Sunday. Bunch of us are going...which means we should have a mighty fine time!...
    Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: Post Your Weapons

Range day for me on Sunday. Bunch of us are going...which means we should have a mighty fine time!

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

I'm looking for a .40 S&W gun but I'm left handed. This Ruger P944 has an ambidextrous safety and the magazine latch doesn't get accidentally pressed by my index finger like other guns. What do you think? It's mainly for home security but I'd like to do some range time with it.

Eh...not a big fan of the Ruger semi auto center fire handguns. Not that I've found anything drastically wrong with them...just not something I'd go out of my way to buy.

Most safety and mag release catches are ambi...

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Most safety and mag release catches are ambi...
    I went to a gun show this weekend and didn't find many that worked well for leftys.

Rugers, Sigs, Springfield XD's, Para's, I believe Glocks, Kahr's, Smith and Wessons Sigma and M&P...

Most modern pistols are ambi. Maybe you just didn't see how to switch them over, but most modern pistols manufactured by most major modern manufacturers are.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Most modern pistols are ambi. Maybe you just didn't see how to switch them over
    +1

Spyder is correct. It takes a couple of minutes to switch any of them over if you know how. Nowdays you can find instruction about everywhere on the net.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

A pic of my ARs together:

Sinister Angel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A boat

Those weapons are *dirty*

Cinderblock. Before and after. One hundred yards.

You can't really tell in the before picture because I didn't put a round next to it for comparison...but it is a good third the original size.

Impressive.

That beowulf makes Rolex's naughty spot tingle. Damn sexy! What kind of glass did you end up putting on top?

Right now its just a piece of CRAP Simmons 3x9x40. I had it laying around and wanted to actually be able to hit something. I'm probably going to end up throwing a Leupold 2x7 on it because it actually is accurate enough to take out beer cans at a hundred yards if you have a little magnification. Some of the guys over on 50beowulf.com are shooting out to 415 yards with surprising results! I'd love to top a couple of my guns with Eothingys but sure as hell can't afford them right now.

Got a spare Leupold laying around you'll sell for cheap? I'd even go with a Rifleman or Vari X II or one of the fixed power ones... It just needs to be something with a little more eye relief than the little crappy .22 magnum Simmons one that's on it.

Oh crap! Rolex...go to your local Big 5!!! I was in mine yesterday and they have a frickin Inland M1 Carbine with original old trench stock and bayonet lug and all on it. Bad ass. They wanted a grand for it, and before I paid that much I'd have to run some numbers and check it out a little better, but it was a SWEET looking old all original Property of U.S. Government stamped M1.

I guess Big 5 signed some big deal with somebody that had thousands of them in stock and they're the only national retailer that is selling them...or something along those lines. Worth checking out, at least.

I'd bet that there's a few super valuable ones in the stash that haven't been picked over and the counter guys at Big 5 aren't going to know the difference. You could get lucky and score a kick ass IBM or Paratrooper or something. Always worth a shot...

Oh crap! Rolex...go to your local Big 5!!! I was in mine yesterday and they have a frickin Inland M1 Carbine with original old trench stock and bayonet lug and all on it. Bad ass. They wanted a grand for it, and before I paid that much I'd have to run some numbers and check it out a little better, but it was a SWEET looking old all original Property of U.S. Government stamped M1.

I guess Big 5 signed some big deal with somebody that had thousands of them in stock and they're the only national retailer that is selling them...or something along those lines. Worth checking out, at least.

I'd bet that there's a few super valuable ones in the stash that haven't been picked over and the counter guys at Big 5 aren't going to know the difference. You could get lucky and score a kick ass IBM or Paratrooper or something. Always worth a shot...
    Big 5 must be a California store or something? We don't have them, but I'm always looking for a non-import on gunbroker for a reasonable price. Trouble is I spent a lot of dough in December and last week on a couple new pieces and a BUNCH of mags, ammo, and accessories. I need to see if I have to pay taxes in before buying too many toys right now.

Big 5 is a sporting goods store. Seen 'em all over the west coast, yea, but guess they don't make it that far your way. http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/ Yeeup, guess its only 363 stores in 11 western states. Oh well.

I guess I shoulda bought two and sent you one...since I picked mine up for three hundred and fifty bucks and it still looks brand new.

Rugers, Sigs, Springfield XD's, Para's, I believe Glocks, Kahr's, Smith and Wessons Sigma and M&P...

Most modern pistols are ambi. Maybe you just didn't see how to switch them over, but most modern pistols manufactured by most major modern manufacturers are.
    Thanks Spyder. It's funny that none of the dealers suggested that. Do any of these besides the Ruger work better with either hand? i.e. if I switch one over would the wife still be able to use it comfortably? When I think of ambi, I think of being able to switch hands and still be able to use the safety and clip release.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.