Post Your Weapons - Page 23
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 162 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; The XD, by all reports, is an excellent pistol. Holds a lot of rounds of .45 for that little frame. ...
    Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: Post Your Weapons

The XD, by all reports, is an excellent pistol. Holds a lot of rounds of .45 for that little frame.

The Bersa, a friend of mine has the Thunder in .380. He loves it for carry, me not so much. It looks good, carries good and is cheap. The problem? It's cheap. He's had half a dozen jams with it with different types of ammo in the first 400 round fired through it. Not something I would want to rely on, myself, but he seems to think its the greatest thing since stomped dirt. I have a Kahr K40 which is actually a tiny bit smaller and holds 7 rounds of .40S&W. They make the Kahr in 9mm, 40 and 45. Look into them. NICE little gun, though a bit more than you're looking to spend.

Hell, actually, mine is the Elite '03, which is the bad-ass top of the line one. You can get the E40, E9 and I think the E45 for much cheaper...probably less than five hundred new and definitely less than 5 used. Look into them...VERY nice guns! Search for my review of my K40, I did a full writeup with pictures a year or so ago...

Here ya go...pictures are gone, but you can find the pistol on kahrarms.com

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hr-review.html

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

hmmm... looks like the top competitors right now are the XD compact in .40S&W and the Khar CW40... i just can't get the feel for a glock and the bersa just doesnt tickle my fancy

ZeroOctane is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 4.9L Seville - Navi w/ backup cam, 40 Series Exhaust

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but since S&W owns Walther now, S&W is making pistols that are very similar to the P99 and to the best of my knowledge they cost less. Take a look below at the SW40VE on the top and the P99 on the bottom chambered for either a 9mm or .40 (Ya can't tell which by the picture, but it's irrelevant because the P99 chambered for the 9mm is the same as the one chambered for the .40).

S&W used to make a pistol that looked almost exactly like the P99, but I think that's discontinued now. I actually remember speaking with a guy at the range who didn't like the similarity because he believed it made the pricier, better made Walther look like a cheaper S&W. The price difference between the two (currently) is about $240 with the S&W version at $440 and the Walther at $680. I think it's true though that if you take a good hard look and compare the two you'll see that the Walther is probably better made.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroOctane View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but since S&W owns Walther now, S&W is making pistols that are very similar to the P99 and to the best of my knowledge they cost less. Take a look below at the SW40VE on the top and the P99 on the bottom chambered for either a 9mm or .40 (Ya can't tell which by the picture, but it's irrelevant because the P99 chambered for the 9mm is the same as the one chambered for the .40).

S&W used to make a pistol that looked almost exactly like the P99, but I think that's discontinued now. I actually remember speaking with a guy at the range who didn't like the similarity because he believed it made the pricier, better made Walther look like a cheaper S&W. The price difference between the two (currently) is about $240 with the S&W version at $440 and the Walther at $680. I think it's true though that if you take a good hard look and compare the two you'll see that the Walther is probably better made.
    I thought that S&W was the licensed U.S. manufacturer of Walther firearms not the owner. My PPK/s was license made by S&W.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    I thought that S&W was the licensed U.S. manufacturer of Walther firearms not the owner. My PPK/s was license made by S&W.
    S&W was the US manufacturer for Walther. There had been rumors in the American market about a possible P99 in .45, but Walther couldn't sell such a pistol in the European market, so they sold it in the US as an aesthetically modified design called the SW99. The problem is that American consumers saw it as nothing more than a S&W-ized P99, which it was, and never bought it in great numbers.

You may be right loski, I'm not sure. I assumed they owned Walther but they very well could simply be the manufactorer.

I love S&W revolvers, but their auto pistols are shit IMO. I've had a horrible experience with two different semi-auto S&W pistols and it would probably take a lot of convincing to change my opinion.

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

well i found an AWESOME deal on an XD compact, going to pick it up wednesday... CC permit already in place ... good to go!

Cool! Congrats! Pictures must be posted within 5 minutes of getting it home.

Full range report of new weaponry must be within 7 days.

Read the Terms of Service. It's all in there.

BTW, I got this little advertisement in an Email from Smith and Wesson the other day. Maybe those of you whom are in the market for a new pistol or whatnot can make some use of it : )

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by IgotmeaV View Post
    what would you recommend in the 500ish pricerange then ... thats about what i'm willing to spend on a compact right now...

i'm definitely leaning towards something in .40
    In the $500 range GOOD options have been mentioned: Glock, Springfield XD, and the S&W M&P. But for God's sake don't buy the S&W Sigma. I've owned both first and second generation Sigmas and they were a big dissapointment.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

I'd post my weapon but it just wouldn't be proper to post pics of my genetelia would it?.

Depends on how its dressed. Flash suppressor? Forward grip? Bayonet?

cpruitt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Do anybody in here have a bow?

I have a Mathews Solo Cam but don't have any pictures of it right now.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

James I got my Sig back today. The short reset trigger makes a night and day difference. This is the trigger this thing should have come with from the factory. In fact as I understand it this same trigger is available from certain weapons right off the shelf. The reset is almost as short as a Glock trigger. This makes the Sig 229 a better all around weapon.

So now all I have to gripe about is the weight. Otherwise it's the perfect handgun.

ETA: Shipping total was $85 and the SRT was $99. Sig >> << Rolex
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.