Post Your Weapons - Page 20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 161 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 120 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Spyder I mexican carried for two years and I don't know HOW the hell I ever lived ...
    Sinister Angel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A boat

Re: Post Your Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I mexican carried for two years and I don't know HOW the hell I ever lived without a good holster.
    Ack! I couldn't stand that. I don't like thinking about the possibility of a trigger snag.

93DevilleUSMC: Get something in .40 or .45
    Just my 3 cents

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

I kept it loaded but with a cold chamber. An incident happened where I knew I should have had a hot chamber and bought a holster the next day. (Not a full draw, just a move towards the grip, but enough to make me think a lot about it).

Again, caliber doesn't matter as much as being able to shoot the thing.

I am VERY happy with my Don Hume holster and it was WAY cheaper than most leathers. 26 bucks or something like that.

Most every holster will say in the advertisement which pistols it will fit...

BEST THREAD EVeR!!!

Sinister Angel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A boat

Yeah, I think the concept of carrying cold is silly.

Anyone have any experience with Bersa's? I was talking with a guy at the shop cuz my stepmom was looking for a starter gun in 9mm and he recommended the Firestorm? Felt pretty decent when I held it and he said it's pretty reliable.

A friend of mine carries a Bersa Thunder. He thinks its the greatest thing since sweet pickles but I don't like it. It carries nice, looks good, is just about the right weight and is comfortable...but its jammed on him a couple of times at the range. He's got less than a thousand through it and more than a handful of jams. I like my two main guns because they DON'T jam. My Sig has had a LOOOOOOT of ammo through it without ever being cleaned or maintained and its never had an issue. The Kahr has had a few thousand through and never a hiccup, yet. Other than that, I don't know...but that alone is enough to make me not want to carry one.

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

I like the bianchi stuff so far. Now I just need to start saving the money, and find a good place to buy the weapon. You guys will get to see plenty of pics, and maybe even some videos. :-)

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    Weapons being considered:
    Sig P229
    Glock 19
    Glock 26
    Walther P99/P99QA
    Walther P99 Compact
    Sig P239
    Stoeger M8000 Cougar.

Any of the above would be preferred in 9mm.
    Well the Glock 19 and Sig 229 are worlds different from each other, but those would be my top 2 personal choices off your list. Both are reliable as hell and accurate. The Glock is lighter, $300 less (plenty of $$ left over for leathers), magazines are less expensive, and the Glock has the shorter trigger reset of the two. The 229 is still one of my favorite weapons despite it all.....I just don't carry it because it's too damned heavy for my taste.

Here's a review of the Stoeger from your friends at Guns and Ammo. I have zero personal experience with Stoeger so I won't comment.

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_han...oger8k_121106/

And IMO if you're considering weapons in the Stoeger's price range you'd do well to consider the Taurus Millenium Pro. I bought one for my mother several months back and it was all I could do not to keep it for myself. It's really a well designed piece, and IIRC I got it new for $350 out the door. Remember the PRO model is the latest edition with all the bugs worked out. Taurus also makes the 24/7 which is a decent piece for the money.

THere's my 2 cents.

The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

ZeroOctane is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 4.9L Seville - Navi w/ backup cam, 40 Series Exhaust

Seems like the general concensus is to carry an automatic pistol. My Grandfather carried a revolver for years back in the 1930's because they almost never jam. Back then auto's jammed a lot more too I suppose.

I know weight seems to be an issue for carrying, and it's completely understandable, but I think if it doesn't bother you to have a few extra ounces on your belt and you don't mind letting others know you're strapped, a Colt .45 is a great carry piece. Grandfather carried one as an MP and when he got out of the service he liked it so much that he bought one and carried it for years.

Oh, I forgot to mention about my P99, it never jams. I put Winchester 112 grain cooper rounds in it, but I cannot think of one time that it jammed. Honestly it's one of the best pistols I've ever used, and while I haven't owned too many I have had the pleasure of shooting many pistols that other shooters have at the range and I still think the P99 is one of the best of them. Other's have also agreed upon trying it that it just has a feel of quality and reliability, not something you can put your finger on but you can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroOctane View Post
    I know weight seems to be an issue for carrying, and it's completely understandable, but I think if it doesn't bother you to have a few extra ounces on your belt and you don't mind letting others know you're strapped, a Colt .45 is a great carry piece. Grandfather carried one as an MP and when he got out of the service he liked it so much that he bought one and carried it for years.
    Unless you live in a state that allows open carry, letting people know you're carrying is not wise. If you have a concealed carry license and make it obvious when you're carrying you're inviting trouble on yourself. When I carry concealed I do so in a way that (unless you frisk me) you'd never know I was wearing a fierarm. That's the whole point IMO.

In Arkansas your firearm must remain concealed by law. Letting people know you're carrying could get you ticketed and your license revoked.

To each his own. Oh and I like 1911s but they're a much more "fussy" firearm then most modern concealed carry rigs. You can let a Glock slam shut on an empty chamber and dry fire the heck out of it with no worries.

ZeroOctane is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 4.9L Seville - Navi w/ backup cam, 40 Series Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    Unless you live in a state that allows open carry, letting people know you're carrying is not wise. If you have a concealed carry license and make it obvious when you're carrying you're inviting trouble on yourself. When I carry concealed I do so in a way that (unless you frisk me) you'd never know I was wearing a fierarm. That's the whole point IMO.

In Arkansas your firearm must remain concealed by law. Letting people know you're carrying could get you ticketed and your license revoked.

To each his own. Oh and I like 1911s but they're a much more "fussy" firearm then most modern concealed carry rigs. You can let a Glock slam shut on an empty chamber and dry fire the heck out of it with no worries.
    I didn't mean intentionally letting other's know you are packing. In Massachusetts it's illegal to carry your weapon unconcealed. What I meant was that it is very difficult to effectively conceal a Colt .45 on your waist, shoulder or any other location. Therefore, it's going to be fairly obvious to others that your packing unless you're wearing a big jacket or something. That's what I mean.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post

It's the same here. Carring in plain view is a violation (handguns).

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

In Alaska if the gun is legal for you to own you can do whatever you want with it. You can carry it in your hand with the hammer back as long as you don't point it at somebody. Don't take it into a saloon, schoolhouse, or courthouse. They might get nervous in the bank.
    Before concealed carry, I walked to work at 3:30AM in a bad part of town and took to carrying a model 81 Woodmaster .35 Remington automatic slung over my shoulder. Everybody I met crossed the street to the other side when they saw me coming and it suited me fine. Even the drunken Indians became a little more alert looking.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

California you can carry, with a concealed license, anywhere except post offices and courthouses, and primaryily-liquor-serving-establishments. Restaurants are ok but full on bars that don't serve food are not.

Schools are ok from kindergarten all the way up to colleges.

Surprisingly enough, for being California, open carry is LEGAL in unincorporated parts of counties of less than 200,000 population. Most of Northern California is pretty gun friendly, actually...its the yahoo's in SF and the criminals down south that ruin it for the rest of us.

I know a couple of guys that carry 1911's. You'd never know unless you touched it or had it drawn on you. It's all in planning and knowing its there. If you're smart and think about how you're going to carry it you could conceal just about anything you wanted to.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    California you can carry, with a concealed license, anywhere except post offices and courthouses, and primaryily-liquor-serving-establishments. Restaurants are ok but full on bars that don't serve food are not.

Schools are ok from kindergarten all the way up to colleges.

Surprisingly enough, for being California, open carry is LEGAL in unincorporated parts of counties of less than 200,000 population. Most of Northern California is pretty gun friendly, actually...its the yahoo's in SF and the criminals down south that ruin it for the rest of us.

I know a couple of guys that carry 1911's. You'd never know unless you touched it or had it drawn on you. It's all in planning and knowing its there. If you're smart and think about how you're going to carry it you could conceal just about anything you wanted to.
    An UZI carries pretty well on a shoulder sling under your overcoat like a Roscoe(sawed off DBL shotgun).
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.