Post Your Weapons - Page 19
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 119 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 2389
Like Tree471Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; Rolex, I agree with you on the crappy trigger reset on the Sigs, BUT they will change it out for ...
  1. #271
    Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoma Co, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,684

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Rolex, I agree with you on the crappy trigger reset on the Sigs, BUT they will change it out for you now. They've finally gotten enough complaints and have developed a far better trigger reset that I'm sure you'll find pleasant and double-tap-accurate!

  2. #272
    Rolex's Avatar
    Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,765

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Rolex, I agree with you on the crappy trigger reset on the Sigs, BUT they will change it out for you now. They've finally gotten enough complaints and have developed a far better trigger reset that I'm sure you'll find pleasant and double-tap-accurate!
    You are serious? Linky please!!

    ETA: nevermind I found it. $99 + shipping both ways ($34.95 x 2) for a trigger job? This is something they should fix for free IMO. I emailed their technical services dept to ask if the sears can be purchased without sending the sidearm in. I bet the answer will be a resounding NO.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

  3. #273
    Rolex's Avatar
    Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,765

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    I'm considering a P229 in 9mm as my first concealed carry gun. Would you recommend it, or should I look more towards something like a P99C or XD Compact? Caliber of choice will be 9 mil.
    If you choose the 229 for a concealed carry piece you'll need a good holster IMO. It's HEAVY. One side of your britches will sag from the weight. IMO there are "more concealable" and friendlier weapons for carrying on your person. If you're heart is set on Sig you may consider the 239 for concealed carry. Smaller = lighter and easier to conceal.


    Quote Originally Posted by EdmondClimber View Post
    Shouldn't the weight help with the recoil and accuracy I'm looking for something smaller then the G17. Isn't the P229 all metal.
    A heavier sidearm may reduce felt recoil, but IMO having to fire a heavy piece would be more taxing physically. Not to mention having to lug one around if you carry concealed. And IMO accuracy has nothing to do with the weight of a handgun. Just my 2 cents.


    Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    Why are all these modern weapons so goddam ugly?
    They atill make weapons with burled walnut but for handguns people seem to prefer good ergonomics, reliability, and function > form.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

  4. #274
    dkozloski's Avatar
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak
    Age
    74
    Posts
    26,103

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    My guess is that the thugs think they will scare the other gang away with ugly ass guns. Back in the day the weapon of choice in the ghetto was nickel plated. The culture coarsens some more.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!


  5. #275
    Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoma Co, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,684

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    239 is a great carry piece.

    My Kahr K40 Elite '03 is a bit heavy, but I like it a bunch, as my review will show you. Search for it, if you've not read it.

    229 is not really meant as a carry weapon...although it'd work just fine for that, I think. I dunno, I've never carried anything lighter or smaller than my Kahr, so maybe I'm biased towards bigger/heavier.

    The weight of the 229 is not so much that firing it will be difficult. It's a mid-size pistol. I agree, weight of a pistol doesn't effect accuracy. Rifles, different matter, buuuuut...

    And finally...for a carry piece, a good holster is a must anyways, isn't it? I mexican carried for two years and I don't know HOW the hell I ever lived without a good holster. Definitely spend good money on good leather. One can be had for under fifty bucks, I got mine for $26, delivered. It's a Don Hume IWB right hander in brown leather. Very nice, very comfortable, very good looking and very well made.

  6. #276
    ZeroOctane's Avatar
    ZeroOctane is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 4.9L Seville - Navi w/ backup cam, 40 Series Exhaust
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    428

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    I'm considering a P229 in 9mm as my first concealed carry gun. Would you recommend it, or should I look more towards something like a P99C or XD Compact? Caliber of choice will be 9 mil.
    I'd definately recommend the P99, although I am not familar with the model you are indicating. The P99 is made pretty much as a carry pistol. You can tell by it's snagless edges and internal hammer - nothing to get caught on your clothing when drawing it fast. It's also ambidexterous (sp?) since it has a magazine release switch on either side which your can use your thumb or pointer finger on (depends on the length of your thumb). SA is great on the P99 since all you have to do is pull back the action about a quarter of an inch and this little red nipple (no pun intended ) comes out the back telling you it's loaded and in SA.

    While I agree that weight doesn't have much to do with accuracy, it certainly can effect the users ability to effectively hit the target if he isn't trained with the particular pistol, IMO. I'm honestly very bad with lighter guns such as a Glock, but the P99 isn't to heavy either and I'm a decent shot with it. I'd say that you can be accurate with pretty much any gun, light or heavy, so long as your practice with it and get to the know it's capabilities and limitations IMO.

  7. #277
    93DevilleUSMC's Avatar
    93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,308

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    If you choose the 229 for a concealed carry piece you'll need a good holster IMO. It's HEAVY. One side of your britches will sag from the weight. IMO there are "more concealable" and friendlier weapons for carrying on your person. If you're heart is set on Sig you may consider the 239 for concealed carry. Smaller = lighter and easier to conceal.




    A heavier sidearm may reduce felt recoil, but IMO having to fire a heavy piece would be more taxing physically. Not to mention having to lug one around if you carry concealed. And IMO accuracy has nothing to do with the weight of a handgun. Just my 2 cents.




    They atill make weapons with burled walnut but for handguns people seem to prefer good ergonomics, reliability, and function > form.
    If that's going to be a problem, then I can rule the P229 out. If I'm carrying "concealed", that means I don't want to a) make it obvious, or b) look like I'm trying to be the next wanna-be hip-hop artist.

    Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    My guess is that the thugs think they will scare the other gang away with ugly ass guns. Back in the day the weapon of choice in the ghetto was nickel plated. The culture coarsens some more.
    Who cares if the weapon is ugly? If I have to draw the thing, I'm doing it to save my own life and that of my family/friends/brother veterans/etc. I'm not doing it to look pretty, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    239 is a great carry piece.

    My Kahr K40 Elite '03 is a bit heavy, but I like it a bunch, as my review will show you. Search for it, if you've not read it.

    229 is not really meant as a carry weapon...although it'd work just fine for that, I think. I dunno, I've never carried anything lighter or smaller than my Kahr, so maybe I'm biased towards bigger/heavier.

    The weight of the 229 is not so much that firing it will be difficult. It's a mid-size pistol. I agree, weight of a pistol doesn't effect accuracy. Rifles, different matter, buuuuut...

    And finally...for a carry piece, a good holster is a must anyways, isn't it? I mexican carried for two years and I don't know HOW the hell I ever lived without a good holster. Definitely spend good money on good leather. One can be had for under fifty bucks, I got mine for $26, delivered. It's a Don Hume IWB right hander in brown leather. Very nice, very comfortable, very good looking and very well made.
    If I get a good holster, can I carry the P229 without it dragging my pants down? I'll look into the P239.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroOctane View Post
    I'd definately recommend the P99, although I am not familar with the model you are indicating. The P99 is made pretty much as a carry pistol. You can tell by it's snagless edges and internal hammer - nothing to get caught on your clothing when drawing it fast. It's also ambidextrous (sp?) since it has a magazine release switch on either side which your can use your thumb or pointer finger on (depends on the length of your thumb). SA is great on the P99 since all you have to do is pull back the action about a quarter of an inch and this little red nipple (no pun intended ) comes out the back telling you it's loaded and in SA.

    While I agree that weight doesn't have much to do with accuracy, it certainly can effect the users ability to effectively hit the target if he isn't trained with the particular pistol, IMO. I'm honestly very bad with lighter guns such as a Glock, but the P99 isn't to heavy either and I'm a decent shot with it. I'd say that you can be accurate with pretty much any gun, light or heavy, so long as your practice with it and get to the know it's capabilities and limitations IMO.
    The P99C is the P99 Compact. Same weapon, but smaller. I've heard nothing but good things about the P99, so it's definitely a candidate for my self-defense needs. I have an airsoft version of the P99, and it is absolutely snagless, not to mention perfectly shaped for the hand.

    Whatever I get, I'll train with it.

  8. #278
    EdmondClimber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    164

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    If I get a good holster, can I carry the P229 without it dragging my pants down? I'll look into the P239.
    I wear my pants over my hips with a belt, and I would CC it with a in pants holster. but if its smaller I would take the P239

  9. #279
    Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoma Co, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,684

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    A good holster and belt will do a lot of things for you, even if carrying a full size. When I carry my Sig 226, which is the full size, bigger than the 229 version, its fine and comfortable and doesn't sag. I definitely know its there, because its heavy, but if you have the right gear, it'll be fine.

  10. #280
    93DevilleUSMC's Avatar
    93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,308

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by EdmondClimber View Post
    I wear my pants over my hips with a belt, and I would CC it with a in pants holster. but if its smaller I would take the P239
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    A good holster and belt will do a lot of things for you, even if carrying a full size. When I carry my Sig 226, which is the full size, bigger than the 229 version, its fine and comfortable and doesn't sag. I definitely know its there, because its heavy, but if you have the right gear, it'll be fine.

    Who are some good holster manufactuers?

  11. #281
    dkozloski's Avatar
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak
    Age
    74
    Posts
    26,103

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    Who are some good holster manufactuers?
    Bianchi
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!


  12. #282
    Rolex's Avatar
    Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,765

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    +1 on Bianchi or Galco are good "off the shelf" leathers. I had leathers custom made for my G 27 and waited over 8 months. If I had it to do over again I'd have bought something off the shelf.

    93 DeVille I took a very long look at my 229 tonight and I will stand by my opinion. The only thing to subtract for is long trigger reset and it's heavy weight. SigSauer makes one of the damn finest sidearms anywhere. I'm actually considering getting the short trigger added to my 229 by Sig's gunsmiths. A female friend has the 239 for a concealed carry piece and she loves it. Damn good shooter too. If concealed carry is your primary goal I'd look to the 239. Either way we all expect to see pics!
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

  13. #283
    dkozloski's Avatar
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak
    Age
    74
    Posts
    26,103

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    www.bianchi-intl.com and they sell direct online.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!


  14. #284
    93DevilleUSMC's Avatar
    93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,308

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    +1 on Bianchi or Galco are good "off the shelf" leathers. I had leathers custom made for my G 27 and waited over 8 months. If I had it to do over again I'd have bought something off the shelf.

    93 DeVille I took a very long look at my 229 tonight and I will stand by my opinion. The only thing to subtract for is long trigger reset and it's heavy weight. SigSauer makes one of the damn finest sidearms anywhere. I'm actually considering getting the short trigger added to my 229 by Sig's gunsmiths. A female friend has the 239 for a concealed carry piece and she loves it. Damn good shooter too. If concealed carry is your primary goal I'd look to the 239. Either way we all expect to see pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    www.bianchi-intl.com and they sell direct online.
    I can't say that I like the look of the P239, although that's a secondary priority. What are some similar weapons?

    I'm looking through Bianchi's product line right now. A friend of mine had a hip holster which stayed completely inside of his pants, leaving none of his pistol, a Glock 22, exposed. Does anyone know if Bianchi has such a holster, and where I would find it? I would also need a shoulder holster for occasions when I'm wearing a sport coat or long coat.

    Also, how do I determine which holster fits which weapon?

    Weapons being considered:
    Sig P229
    Glock 19
    Glock 26
    Walther P99/P99QA
    Walther P99 Compact
    Sig P239
    Stoeger M8000 Cougar.

    Any of the above would be preferred in 9mm.

  15. #285
    dkozloski's Avatar
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak
    Age
    74
    Posts
    26,103

    Re: Post Your Weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    I can't say that I like the look of the P239, although that's a secondary priority. What are some similar weapons?

    I'm looking through Bianchi's product line right now. A friend of mine had a hip holster which stayed completely inside of his pants, leaving none of his pistol, a Glock 22, exposed. Does anyone know if Bianchi has such a holster, and where I would find it? I would also need a shoulder holster for occasions when I'm wearing a sport coat or long coat.

    Also, how do I determine which holster fits which weapon?

    Weapons being considered:
    Sig P229
    Glock 19
    Glock 26
    Walther P99/P99QA
    Walther P99 Compact
    Sig P239
    Stoeger M8000 Cougar.

    Any of the above would be preferred in 9mm.
    Go to the upper RH side of the website to the "holster selector" tab.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!


Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting