Post Your Weapons - Page 151
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 162 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2422
Like Tree491Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; Over the years I've come to realize that Alaska is a huge melting pot of remarkable characters many who have ...
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Post Your Weapons

Over the years I've come to realize that Alaska is a huge melting pot of remarkable characters many who have amazing life stories to tell. The people who come here are not content to just sit on their azz and let life flow over them. They want to get in the middle and stir the pot and experience everything that life has to offer. Of course we have a lot of bland rat racers but here are more than enough screwballs to keep the action going.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    C'mon Koz. That's a direct quote out of Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_McGivern
    I plead guilty as charged but it wasn't the first I'd heard about it so I double-checked to make sure it was accurate. I didn't want to be accused of spreading BS. I also looked at a couple of You Tube videos. I didn't see any references in Wiki about him putting a common match box on the back of his hand and drawing and firing five shots into a playing card at fifteen feet before the match box hit the ground. As far as that goes, I think that Wiki stole the quote from Julian Hatcher's book that I read many years ago.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Many years ago, an attorney friend of mine was on cloud nine after he won a multi million dollar judgement against Sturm-Ruger for his client who had managed to drop a Ruger western style six-shooter, it went off, and plugged somebody. It was a different story before the appeals court. The head judge said that everybody knows that these things are only a five shot revolver because you have to carry them with the hammer down on an empty chamber because the half cock notch breaks off. The appeals court assigned most of the blame to the owner and my friend Bixler Whiting didn't even get court costs.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

hey8you is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2005 CTS, Gone, given to dad!

Just put a Smith & Wesson 500 in jail. Just need ammo and a pistol scope now.

CadillacCastle is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

Wahoo! It was my lucky day at Walmart. I bought a brick of 1000 Winchester M22 22 bullets for 53.00. A few days ago I bought 200 .40 bullets there for 70.00. I am looking for more .223 now. It looks like supplies are slowly coming back.
    Attached Images

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacCastle
    Wahoo! It was my lucky day at Walmart. I bought a brick of 1000 Winchester M22 22 bullets for 53.00. A few days ago I bought 200 .40 bullets there for 70.00. I am looking for more .223 now. It looks like supplies are slowly coming back.
    I've noticed with Winchester rimfire ammo, it kinda burns dirty. I've had great experience with Federal Champions in the last year and they work perfectly in my Remington 552 Speecmaster except for a few dud primers in the 525 rounds per box (normal for rimfire) at a cost of $22 per box. Let me know how they burn

Just picked up my S&W 500 today. I even found a place that had ammo for it but no one had any pistol scopes. I ended up using the red dot sight from my Saiga 12. Can't wait to shoot it.
    MoistCabbage and MoistCabbage like this.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    How many variants of the 500 are there? That's a funky looking barrel.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

9mm pistols need a 9mm carbine
    .22LR pistols and rifles
    Rifles
    20 gauge
    30-06

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacCastle View Post
    never thought i'd see the day someone was excited to get a brick of .22 for $53, $10 is the last price i paid for a brick, but many years ago.

found some lake city 5.56 for $0.70/ea, so bought a bunch. higher than i'd like, but best i found these days and most importantly, in stock. thank you gunbot.com!

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    How many variants of the 500 are there? That's a funky looking barrel.
    They make 7 different variants not including the limited editions.

I have never seen 1000 22 bullets for 10.00. This is 2 500 round bricks in one box. I had to be 2nd in line at walmart to even get any. You just haven't prices any 22s lately.

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

now that you mention it, again it's been 20 years since i last bought a brick of those thunderbolts and wildcats, is a 'brick' 500 and not 1000? stupid mistake on my end it sounds like, but a brick of either of those was $10. appears i'm suffering from arresting pricing like my dad, i.e. everything should always cost 10 cents cuz it's what it cost when he was a kid.

Shot my S&W 500 yesterday. Real fun to shoot. Too bad its so expensive to shoot.

They come in many different sizes now depending on the brand, I have seen boxes of 333, 500, 525, 550, and now 1000. There was only 2 boxes of 1000, I waited 2 hours in line before Walmart sporting goods opened to get them. And brand choice is usually not availabe, I buy what is available, when available, if available.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillaxe View Post
    now that you mention it, again it's been 20 years since i last bought a brick of those thunderbolts and wildcats, is a 'brick' 500 and not 1000? stupid mistake on my end it sounds like, but a brick of either of those was $10. appears i'm suffering from arresting pricing like my dad, i.e. everything should always cost 10 cents cuz it's what it cost when he was a kid.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I was in a store the other day, after skipping that experience for over three years, I was amazed at how much many items had increased in price. I will never understand how the government's cost of living index is supposed to accurately reflect the true increases in the our cost of living in this country.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.