350K views 3K replies 192 participants last post by  FTSS 
#1 ·
Glock 17 9mm 18 rd mag and 33 rd mag

12 Gauge Mossberg 500 removable AR adjustable stock

M1 garand 30-06 8 rd

The whole family

See less See more
#580 ·
It should be up to we the people. Personally, it seems to me that the Supreme Court is going to rule in favor of individual handgun rights. If this happens, the conservative and libertarian movements. If they rule against said possession, it will be the greatest blow against individual liberty and collective security in the modern world.

I think you can all figure out what I think of anti-gun legislation.

#581 ·
When the Supreme Court upholds the DC court's decision, look for DC's politicians to find another creative way to stifle gun ownership. They'll have to get creative and maybe even stretch the law, but then, that's what Washington DC is all about. They will continue to impose unlawful control over their residents regardless of this verdict. Some of their local retarded politicians have already been quoted to say that very thing.

This post has been deleted
#587 ·
Tomorrow Mar 20th on the National Geographic channel at 9PM (est) on the show Engineered - "How do you build a revolver that can shoot the largest caliber bullet legally allowed in a handgun..." They're going to Smith and Wesson to look at the S&W 500 Magnum :D

#590 · (Edited)
Anybody looking for a shoulder cannon? My Ruger 96 .44 mag carbine needs to go. Need funding for airfare for upcoming job interviews in San Diego and Hood River, OR.

PM for details, eh...

#593 ·
I am glad this thread is at the top again.

I have a question to ask...

My Glock 23 was stolen in a robbery of my business and I need a replacement.

I loved my Glock... and had many upgrades done to it. The only thing I didn't enjoy about the gun is that I am a lefty and the slide release was uncomfortable for me.

I am really leaning on recreating the exact Glock I had but I wanted to get some other opinions on some ambidextrous models.

Cost is not a factor, but it has to be a .40 cal

Suggestions?

#596 ·
Suggestions?
If you're a Glock guy here are some other good weapons to take a look at: Springfield XD, S&W M&P, and of course Glock all offer the .40 in sub sompact, compact, and full size handguns. You don't strike me as the kind of guy that's on a budget, but if you were I'd suggest the Taurus 24/7 and Taurus Millenia Pro pistols.

I dislike the H&K offerings because of their size. SigSauer makes a great weapon but they're too damned heavy after carrying a Glock, and unless you get one with the short reset trigger (srt) their triggers are garbage.

#595 ·
Thanks Dkoz. :)

Hitmoney, why MUST it be a .40?

Ambi pistols, with slide release on both sides? Dunno...look into the USP, XD or SigPro maybe? I know my Sig 226 is not an ambi slide release, though the mag release IS, and is on damn near every modern pistol out there today.

I'm voting Sig, for sure, Rolex will probably say a piece of Glock crap... :D

Kahr makes a nice line of small compact and super compact pistols, I'm very happy with my K40 Elite '03.

#617 ·
Thanks Dkoz. :)

Hitmoney, why MUST it be a .40?

Ambi pistols, with slide release on both sides? Dunno...look into the USP, XD or SigPro maybe? I know my Sig 226 is not an ambi slide release, though the mag release IS, and is on damn near every modern pistol out there today.

I'm voting Sig, for sure, Rolex will probably say a piece of Glock crap... :D

Kahr makes a nice line of small compact and super compact pistols, I'm very happy with my K40 Elite '03.
I like the .40 round. It is what I am comfotable with and feel relatively secure knowing it will stop what it is I am shooting at.

And probably the biggest reason is the shear amount of .40 rounds I own. Including some you can't get anymore.

If you're a Glock guy here are some other good weapons to take a look at: Springfield XD, S&W M&P, and of course Glock all offer the .40 in sub sompact, compact, and full size handguns. You don't strike me as the kind of guy that's on a budget, but if you were I'd suggest the Taurus 24/7 and Taurus Millenia Pro pistols.

I dislike the H&K offerings because of their size. SigSauer makes a great weapon but they're too damned heavy after carrying a Glock, and unless you get one with the short reset trigger (srt) their triggers are garbage
I've been looking at the Sigs and my locksmith who is a gun fanatic brought a 9mm version to the club for me to hold. It feels REALLY good although much to heavy for me.

I need to look more closely at the XD, the first time I looked at it the low price is actualy what turned me away.. I know, you shouldn't equate price with quality.. but I did.

Why oh why cant Glock make an Ambi model!!! There is no conversion even possible for a Glock.

I need to get something soon, as right now I am defending myself with a Kahr PM9 loaded with target rounds.... With that and the fact that I can always hit a would be bad guy over the head with my swingline metal stapler after I wound them with the 9, I feel realtively safe. LOL

My club was robbed Feb 17, luckily while we were closed.. 2 other clubs in Miami have recently been robbed during business hours at gun point by following in the barback taking out the garbage and entering in through the back.

I have drawn my weapon twice in self defense... The odds that I will have to again are looking high.

PS, Thats a negatory ghost rider, on considering the Taurus.

#598 ·
Ha, doesn't surprise me...where at in Oregon did the tree thing happen? Hood River IS pretty close to Portland but where I'll be spending all of my free time, up above John Day, its still wild and free high desert cowboy country. The UN was been 'outlawed' and any affiliation with them is rather heavily looked down upon. One of the popular sayings up there is something along the lines of "If you shoot a man for walking into your front yard, you'll be commended. If you shoot his cow for eating your crops, you'll wind up in prison." :D

#599 ·
Although you're probably right...my views on what is allowed or expected to be allowed are probably VERY limited being that I'm from California...though most of the California I've lived in is MUCH more conservative than anyone would EVER expect it to be without having been here. Example being my county, and damn near all of the ones that are north of Sacramento, are shall issue in regards to CCW. Nobody ever believes that, being in California, but not all parts of it are TOTALLY ridiculous.

Not that I'm defending the state at all...because I dislike it here very much...buuuuutttt...

#600 ·
You can't go into a home in rural Alaska without finding firearms of some kind. Many homes have at least one loaded at all times. The firearms are regarded as a tool like a hammer or shovel. Children are taught to respect them and not play with them. Accidental shootings in the bush are practically unheard of. Preteens are sent out to hunt the evening meal with a .22 rifle as a matter of course. Firearms are as dangerous as you care to make them, much like a car or a chainsaw.

#601 ·
Most people don't want to face danger when they can make someone else face danger for them, and guns are inherently dangerous. Danger can be managed, but only if you're brave and responsible enough. Again, some would rather shift responsibility for weapons, and responsibility in general, as far away from themselves as possible. Yet some how they want to shift responsibility from themselves, the unwilling, to us, the willing, and still tell us what to do with what they deliberately avoided.:thepan:

#605 · (Edited)
Yes, and they are supposed to be. They are designed to be used to either kill an enemy in war, or kill an animal for meat. I don't see dangerous as a bad thing: I see the fear of something dangerous as inherently bad. IMO, everybody should be familiarized with weapons and weapons safety at some point in life.

Besides, what's the point of a weapon that isn't dangerous?

#606 ·
I can think of many firearms that aren't designed to kill, whether in human enemy form or game animal for meat form...

#612 ·
If it's any consolation to the folks that are concerned about this topic, I'm sure less than 1% of 1% of everyone here has ever shot or will ever shoot another human being. The situation doesn't present itself that often.

Getting a soldier to overcome the aversion to kill has been a problem throughout history. A big problem in the civilian world is failure to shoot, thereby providing the assailant with the victim's own weapon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.