Post Your Weapons - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast
Like Tree476Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post Your Weapons in General Discussion; Thanks Rolex. I enjoy discussions such as these, especially when people may disagree and a friendly debate is carried on. ...
    ZeroOctane is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 4.9L Seville - Navi w/ backup cam, 40 Series Exhaust

Re: Post Your Weapons

Thanks Rolex. I enjoy discussions such as these, especially when people may disagree and a friendly debate is carried on.

Honestly I don't know a heck of a lot about firearms. It's only in the last four years or so that I've done research and built some knowledge, but I'm Seventeen to give me some credit, haha The problem I see is that a lot of kids joke around about guns when most of them have never even seen one let a lone shot one and understood the power behind it. Since I have every intention of carrying on the sport that my Grandfather introduced me to I think it's important that I get a good understanding of what I'm using so I never make a serious mistake.

Anyhow, I fortunately don't know what it's like to be shot, regardless of bullitt calibre. My Grandfather was an MP during the second world war and while he was not shot, he was stabbed once while breaking up a bar fight. He's not a man of many words, but then again he's 86 so I'm not expecting much, but he said it hurt like a f*cker. I imagine getting hit by a bullitt would as well.

I guess in my opinion is that when it comes to using a handgun it's close range. The .357 revolver we have isn't really for anything past 10 yards or so (it's a 2 inch barrel), and the rest aren't much farther. I'm a pretty good shot with the .22 pistols that we have but then again most people are. One of the main reasons I stand behind the .45 so much is because of some of the stories I have heard from people who have used it. World war two, Korea and Vietnam vets whom I have personally met have sworn by it. Proven to work by generation after generation. Honestly, I can't say the same for the 9mm. I've spoken with vet's and cops alike who don't trust the 9mm and even carry their own pistol which they paid for themself because they don't trust it. I shoot at paper targets, not people, so what I'm saying here is pretty much heresay, but when people who have been in combat under fire or have come to the point where they needed to draw their pistol and felt secure and confident when using it instead of doubtful I'll listen.

Just my .02 cents, feel free to disagree

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroOctane View Post
    Honestly I don't know a heck of a lot about firearms. It's only in the last four years or so that I've done research and built some knowledge, but I'm Seventeen to give me some credit, haha
    Off to a good start.

he was stabbed once while breaking up a bar fight. He's not a man of many words, but then again he's 86 so I'm not expecting much, but he said it hurt like a F!er. I imagine getting hit by a bullitt would as well.
    My response to people who say, "if you're not carrying caliber so-and-so you might as well be throwing rocks," is "really? Let me shoot you once with my caliber so-and-so and we'll see how much fight you have left in you." It would seem that everybody recognizes that being shot would just plain ole' svck.

I guess in my opinion is that when it comes to using a handgun it's close range. The .357 revolver we have isn't really for anything past 10 yards or so (it's a 2 inch barrel), and the rest aren't much farther.
    My model 60 S&W has a 2 inch and hurts like a bugger when you fire it with 357 loads. I wear it on occasion but would feel naked if I got into a firefight for several reasons (limited range and accuracy being one of them). No question at close range the 357 is a devastating round. Great back up weapon.

Yup it's a LADY S&W.

I shoot at paper targets, not people,
    God willing paper is all you'll ever need to shoot at.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    My model 60 S&W has a 2 inch and hurts like a bugger when you fire it with 357 loads. I wear it on occasion but would feel naked if I got into a firefight for several reasons (limited range and accuracy being one of them). No question at close range the 357 is a devastating round. Great back up weapon.
    Awwwww, look at the cute little magnum pistol. It's so shiney.

Silver Dollar is offline Das jus fo decorations
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Once you've fired the 120mm main gun on an M1A1 Abrams, everything else is

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    Well said. There's at least one round about which we will never hear these "doesn't have enough power" debates.

ZeroOctane is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 4.9L Seville - Navi w/ backup cam, 40 Series Exhaust

Haha, I got a heck of a story for you there Rolex.

Three christmas's ago my Grandfather got my mother (his daughter) a "Lady .357 S&W" (I think that's what they are/were called). Now, she grew up around guns and such but never really took up the sport, if at all. Mind you, she has no prejuidice at all against firearms. However, it was a bit of a surprise when she removed the wrapping only to find the S&W plastic carry case that they give you when you get the gun. She didn't know what S&W stood for on the front of it so she opened it up only to find a shiny .357 revolver.

He was forced to return it a few days later, haha.

Apparently they are made to be carried in a pocket book, so there are no rough edges that could catch and no external hammer, much like the P99 that we've got.

As you were saying about the kick from those .357's I can't agree more. When we shoot it we usually put in lower grain rounds, nothign special. However, we have special 158 grain copper coated hollow tip rounds that make you think you accidently shot yourself when they go off, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Dollar View Post
    Try the overpressure from a Battleship's 16" gun

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Battleships just amaze me. Never seen an Iowa class, but toured the Alabama in Mobile. They're so enormous that they make you feel like insignificant would be a step up.

NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Try nukes.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Lol -- I think you win :-)
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

nickc50310 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS

Honestly, I generally think the caliber debate is a little silly. i have seen it played out more times than I can count on GlockTalk.

First off with pistols I would feel comfortable with anything 9mm and up. It is more about shot placement than anything. I really love my .40. You can get some EXTREMELY effective 9mm rounds these days. I think its so funny how some people swear by the .45 and refuse to shoot anything else. Like a lot of people say- a pistol is just to buy you time until you can get to a rifle.

Now for rifles and the 5.56 vs 7.62 debate. The 5.56 M16 actually has a longer effective range then a 7.62 AK. Much of this depends on the gun obviously.

Again, I would feel very comfortable with either one.

I have actually been starting to stock up on ammo again. Only 5 years left until the zombie attack of 2012!!!

Has anyone been watching any of this 2012 stuff?

Also- I AM VERY GLAD I DO NOT LIVE IN COMMIEFORNIA OR MASSACHUSETS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    Try nukes.
    I've actually had the pleasure of feeling the overpressue from two of the Iowa class Battleships. (New Jersey in Beruit and Iowa in the Persian Gulf)

Here's a pic I took of the USS Iowa firing three of her 16" guns simultaneously. If you look toward the upper right corner of the frame you can see the three 16" shells in flight.

http://www.ciwscentral.com/ussiowa.jpg

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Quote Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
    Now for rifles and the 5.56 vs 7.62 debate. The 5.56 M16 actually has a longer effective range then a 7.62 AK. Much of this depends on the gun obviously.
    The debates I always see are more on the 5.56 v. 7.62x51, not the 7.62x39.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Coolest. Picture. Ever.

Or at least, a damned good one. That's awesome, actually seeing the giant shells in flight!

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by nickc50310 View Post
    The 7.62 I was talking about is the 7.62x51 (or 7.62 NATO) not the 7.62x39. IMO the AK is a less accurate rifle then the AR just by it's design. I'll try to look some footage up when I get home and post it to illustrate my point.

At any rate the 7.62 NATO round > 5.56 or the 7.62x39. JMO
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.