This can't be true!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, This can't be true! in General Discussion; That is an irreprehensible act. That whole line up needs to be gone. From the judge, DA, public defender, school ...
    firstimecaddi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville; 95 FWB

This can't be true!

That is an irreprehensible act. That whole line up needs to be gone. From the judge, DA, public defender, school officials. What were they thinking?
    Anyway here'e the link...

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...12101615.shtmlhttp://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...12101615.shtml
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AMGoff is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '03 Seville STS, '89 Eldorado, '89 Grand Wagoneer

Re: This can't be true!

This whole story is what happens when Murphy's law and the snowball effect collide head on. The blame for most of this needs to be taken down to the least common denominator, to the point where this situation tipped from bad to a downright, spiraling, out of control, disaster.

The one person who should take the majority of the blame and who should subsequently lose their job is the district attorney. It was his callous, ignorant actions that escalated this entire thing to the point it reached. He should be fired and disbarred. Beyond that, it really doesn't speak well for that municipality to have a person like that in public office. 80% of the blame falls squarely on his shoulders.. with the remainder falling on the parents.

The act propagated by those white students was wrong, I don't deny that. But I don't think they should have been expelled. I don't think those kids should have had to pay that high of an expense for their parent's ignorance and prejudice. Yes they should have been punished in some fashion. But to expel them was not the answer, keeping them in school, and providing them some form of counseling along with their education would have been the best direction. If they had been expelled all that would have done would have been to replace their parents hatred with their own. And that's the last thing we would need as a society - more bigots.

It's unfortunate how this entire thing evolved. As bad as it was initially it could have been resolved in a much better manner until the parents on both sides got involved. Instead of dealing with these kids as kids and working to rehabilitate their misplaced prejudice, more people than was necessary got involved and it turned out the way it did.

But it all comes back to that bigoted, ignorant, racist, relic of a bygone era District Attorney. He has no place holding a position of public trust and should be removed accordingly.

derrty_deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac CDV 102k

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

From what I see and have read it appears that justice is again totally blind here.
    A noose being hung is beyond reprisal. To be expelled for such....very hard to say ?
    To blame another race for overturning such punishment......I do not agree.

As was stated, the campus is divided. Blacks on one side, whites on the other. That is by choice of "Both" races.
    For one individual to ask permission to sit in a particular spot on campus sounds very suspect.
    It almost appears as though a scenario was being set so as to begin a confrontation.

We do not live this (that) way anymore. Not unless we intentionally go out of the way to do so. Not unless we want to continue to carry on in such a manner.
    There is a huge difference when it comes to standing for ones self and ones rights;
    And stirring an old pot just for the sake of being heard.

It will never go away until we chose to carry on and leave it behind us.
    I can not believe that that was the only tree on campus that produced shade.
    I find it hard to believe that someone in this day and age would find it necessary to ask permission to sit anywhere.
    As stated the students had already segregated each other. Werther it be by race, or as all schools work, by their general clique, it is standard practice. We all attended school and stayed in our own groups.

Why one individual would want to be where he/she is not a part of and not comfortable is beyond me. All I see is the stirring of a pot.
    Without a doubt though the noose was beyond acceptable.
    But what was the intention of it all in the first place ???

My guess is to just keep it going.

Mind you Im not there and Im not aware of the whole scope of the environment.
    I just dont understand why we cant put it behind and accept that past as something that has made us all better.
    Dont blame or point fingers at someone because of there heritage.
    Dont blame and hate others because of my ancestors.

And im assuming this thread will be closed soon.

Lets just get along eh.....And thanx for fillin in some of my blanx AMGoff.

Not that it made any sense before. But it certainly doesnt make sense now.........

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

please read our rules
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

No discussion of religion, politics or sexual preference.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.