SDM Training
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, SDM Training in General Discussion; Yeah, a few weeks late, but I thought I'd let you guys know that I went through 5 days of ...
    Sinister Angel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A boat

SDM Training

Yeah, a few weeks late, but I thought I'd let you guys know that I went through 5 days of some pretty high speed training. Basically, squad designated marksmen are kind of an intermediary between Joe Infantryman and Snipers. Usually the course is a bit longer, but due to time constraints, the trainers (who were great by the way - one of the E6 types was a Presidents 100 guy) were able to get this training done in 5 days of shooting.

The goal of the training was to get us to be able to make 5-600 yard (the KD range we were on was in yards, but in reality, you could apply it to meters) kills using nothing other than the M4 you are issued and iron sights. We also played with the M68 CCO (same thing as an Aimpoint). 0-300meters/yards I prefer the CCO, but past that I'll keep my irons. Now I *really* want to get an AR for myself.

On the last day of shooting, when we did a scored shoot, I hit 6/10 at 500 yards, and 4/10 at 600 yards. This put me tied for second place. First place had 11/20 (forgot what the breakdown of his score was). Oh yeah, this was timed by the way. Also, with the 600 yards, I was off on my windage adjustment. From what I recall, I think the 6 shots I missed hit 8-12 inches to the left of the target. 2 clicks right and I should have been good.

So yeah, it was good shit. Of course, me being me, I have a picture taken after the last day...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: SDM Training

Points for the shirt!

And, when you get that AR, you've gotta get a Beowulf upper for it. I keep trying to talk Rolex into one...

I just ordered 80 rounds of ammo last night. For a hundred and thirty bucks, it should be delivered to my door in about a week.

Sinister Angel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A boat

Shit, I'll let the military pay for my .50 cal habit. I actually shot machine guns this past weekend. It was fun shit.

Eh, its not .50 BMG. It's a fifty caliber AR-15. Nothing else like it in the world...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.