'03 CTS Frt Suspension Noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Club CTS Forum Discussion, '03 CTS Frt Suspension Noise in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Per title have this issue in right front suspension. Car has 49K miles and this problem has cropped up in ...
    cnbcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

'03 CTS Frt Suspension Noise

Per title have this issue in right front suspension. Car has 49K miles and this problem has cropped up in the last 1k miles or so and seems to be getting more prominent. I'd describe the noise as a cracking/popping/snapping noise and seems to only occur when turning to the right or taking a righthand sweeper (thus weight of car is transferring to the left). Noise is also starting to happen when going over bumps in the road or when braking.
    Had my alignment/suspension shop examine. 1st thought it was the swaybar link so disconnected & drove....noise still evident. Technican found service bulletin on rear lower control arm bushing. As I recall the bulletin said to spray the rear bushing with silicone and if the noise went away that was the problem. Technican liberally sprayed the bushing & drove....no change.
    Anyone experience this problem & have an idea as to fix?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

notld67 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS

Re: '03 CTS Frt Suspension Noise

Not sure but I have a similar noise on my 06...going to the dealer tomorrow....Mine makes a popping/snapping noise sometimes when in reverse and if the wheel is turned all the way. It also makes the same noise sometimes when braking...sometimes meaning it does it when it feels like and other times it won't...took me actually having to make it happen for the dealer to hear it.

manoogia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6L Thunder Grey

Re: '03 CTS Frt Suspension Noise

axle?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.