Some follow up pictures of my new 67 Eldorado
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Gto judge
  • 2 Post By Gto judge
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, Some follow up pictures of my new 67 Eldorado in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Sorry for the delay I will post a few more. ...
    Gto judge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 67 Eldorado

Some follow up pictures of my new 67 Eldorado

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Sorry for the delay I will post a few more. This car has about 50% original paint. No bondo, a weak magnet sticks everywhere. The vinyl roof was replaced years ago. It appears to be original material. I purchased it from the second owner who owned it from the late 70's. I have the protect-o-plate, original owners manual. It was bought from Daniels Cadillac out of Harford Connecticut new. Spent most of its life in the Midwest. I drove it close to 1000 miles home. It runs flawlessly. My goal is to continue to detail it under the hood, underneath and anywhere else it needs attention.

Thanks for the website, I look forward to learning and contributing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Some follow up pictures of my new 67 Eldorado

A few more pics. image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Need some advice on obtaining a rebuild kit for the alc compressor. It's missing in the engine compartment, but I have it. It has a torn diaphragm. I will replace that jobber master cylinder and any other incorrect parts. All in all it's all numbers matching except for the alternator and starter.
    CADforce69 and talismandave like this.

V-swagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham, 2002 DTS, 2011 CTS-V wagon
    Very nice looking Eldo!!! Sounds like you got a good find. Enjoy it.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Looks great.
    Bet it is a pleasure to drive.

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Nice car, on my buddies 76 he was sad when the original alternator went out a couple years ago.

chrisntam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 Deville Convertible

You sir, are a brave soul to drive an (new to you) old car 1000 miles after buying it! Wow! Looks great! I am curious, what kind of mileage did it get on the highway?

I just reviewed my receipts. I averaged 11.46 miles per gallon. I never let it get below a quarter tank. I put 56.00 per tank of premium every time I filled it. At an average of 3.89 per gallon. That's 14.39 gallons every fill up. Times 6 tanks, that's 86.38 gallons of fuel. Door to door 990 miles. With tolls I spent the same amount of money to ship it by Reliable. I looked it over and it was everything the seller said it was. Receipts show the oil was changed every 2,000 miles. I just changed the valve cover gaskets and the rockers and valves look like new. I did fully service the car before the trip. I changed the oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid and bled the brakes. Now I can honestly say its a good car and you can drive it anywhere. It was a lot of fun.

aeronca36606 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1985 Coupe Deville 4.1 & 1970 Eldorado 8.2

Congratulations on the purchase. I have owned several 1967 Eldos and loved them all. I now have a 1970. I was lucky to fine a rust free car that had had an unfortunate argument with a telephone pole. The original owners where a retired couple from Florida that kept the car garaged all it's life. They also hardly ever drove it. It has just under 50,000 miles. The couple moved to Michigan and discovered snow! Slid into a pole and did minor damage to the fender and door. Did not touch the rest of the car. I have just finished all of the mechanical's with the exception of the ALC Compressor. I am waiting for the new diaphragm to arrive in the next few days. I was lucky enough to find a CLC member that had an NOS diaphragm. Paid him $150 for it. It is the only one i have seen in the last year or so. They are almost impossible to find. I believe that there is something out there that uses a diaphragm similar enough to use it with modifications but have not yet found it. I have the complete Electronic Level Control from a 80's Fleetwood that i was thinking of retrofitting if i had not found the diaphragm. It would not be too hard as it uses it's own harness and sensors.
    One of the few modifications i would consider if you are going to drive the car a lot is the change to disk brakes from a 1969 or newer. I was never happy with the front drum brakes that my 67 had. Never felt safe. It is a modification i know and i believe in originality as much as possible but when it comes to safety i make an exception. Also sometimes original parts are just not available and substitutions must be made.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Congrats for your acquisition, Gto. Looks like you have bought a good one. Thank you for posting these pics. I´m sure driving 1,000 miles with your Eldorado have been a wonderful and thrilling adventure. I drove 220 miles when I bought mine, which was in a much worse condition. It was a little scary but we arrived home safe and sound.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.