1960 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 77CDV
  • 4 Post By chrisntam
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am doing a 'frame off' on my '60 Eldorado convertible. I purchased a shop manual and the pair of ...
    whitmcfarlin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1960 Eldorado biarritz conv. and 2011 SRX

1960 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

I am doing a 'frame off' on my '60 Eldorado convertible. I purchased a shop manual and the pair of parts books. Neither of these sources offer adequate 'exploded' views on how things are supposed to go together. Are there
    better sources of information that may help me put it back together 'right'?
    Thanks for any advice that you may offer.
    Whit

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

Shop manual as Chilton's or Haynes? They suck, get a factory service manual off ebay or somewhere. What are you messing with, maybe we can help.

Welcome.

chrisntam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 Deville Convertible

My guess is that he is looking for a factory assembly manual. I can't help with that. If no one here can, you may want to post at the Cadillac and LaSalle Club forum. Over there, they are purists down to details such as color of fasteners and hose routing. Here's a link: http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php

Best of luck to you on your restoration, that car, in my opinion, the best looking Cadillac ever made. I too wanted a '60 vert, but couldn't afford one, so I settled for a '70.

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yeah that, I couldn't think of the darn proper term.

Well, I pulled the left fender off today...went well and I figured out how to get the headlight module out after the fact. I will do it first on the right fender. the car looks very solid...some rust here and there on the front end, but not bad. The
    fenders are solid and useable with lower patch panels. I will also need lower patch panels for the rear quarter panels, but that was not unexpected. I also have purchased rear and front floor pans (it is a 54 year o0ld convertible after all) and I will remove the body and have it 'dipped and stripped' before I reassemble. It is fun taking one of these apart and seeing how the designers solved certain issues.

more later as I progress. Thanks for the input...I will need more I'm sure. Whit

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

The factory service manual and the Fisher Body manual for your year should have all the diagrams you could ever hope for. Good luck with your project!
    CaddyGas likes this.

Ya, know, we love pictures! And taking it apart is fun. I just pulled the motor out of my '70 and I would consider what I did to be a cautious disassembly, in an effort to preserve and not to damage.

Here's a pic of mine:

Here's as far as I pulled mine apart:

Here it is going back together:

Good stuff...I will post photos when I figure out how to do it on this site.

It took me a while to figure out how to post pics here. I had to upload my pics to a pic hosting website (I use www.photobucket.com). Once the pics are uploaded, go to "view library". Once there, there is a place on the right side of the screen that says "links to share this photo". Click on the dialog box of the "IMG" link, that will load your cursor with a copy of the picture. When you click on it, the dialog box flashes yellow and says "copied". Come back to this site and paste it where you are replying. To paste, I hold the "control" key and hit the letter V. All that will copy the pic from the other site and paste it here. Again, it took me a while to get it, I'm older and technology is slowly passing me by. Old cars, I'm still good with!

Where can I find a Fisher Body Manual for my 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible? I can't seem to find one anywhere so far.

Thanks Whit

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

It'll probably be the same as 1959.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.