Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Christine got new shoes for her 35th B-day...

818 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  amunderdog 
#1 · (Edited)
Time to move on from the Vogues & original wire wheel covers :) The tires had tread, but were dry-cracking on sidewalls (from age and sitting too long) and I wanted a fresh look since I had to get new tires. I'm also seeing so many Vogues around here in my area on new & old cars lately. The other thing is, the vogues were sitting 1.2" lower than factory height. Now the car sits at the proper ride-height and has a much stronger stance. I'm so happy with the new Diamond Back Classic tires 225/70/R15 (custom made in South Carolina). The are Hankooks made with era-correct 1.6" whitewalls. Wheels are vintage Cragar Star Wires (NOS vintage Cadillac resin center cap medallions on the way)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Full-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Coupé

I am currently working on all the under-body fuel hoses. All replaced with new Gates Barricade EFI 225 psi hose. I had asked a while back about fuel line/hose size on the car and got a reply that they are 3/8". This project took some work to find all the Barricade hose, (bendable) steel line & clamps... Gen 1 Seville has following fuel supply & return sizes hoses: 3/8", 1/4" 5/16" & 7/16", wow! Some may say, oh, only 1/16th of an inch difference, what will that matter... well, I'm not playing when it come to high pressure fuel lines/fires. I ordered some of every size I needed along with EFI clamps. Did most of the work in my garage with the race-ramp 10" blocks, but next week, I'm going to a 'rent a bay/lift' place in the burbs to drop the fuel tank and change out all those hoses, rusted lines above the fuel tank and both fuel pumps. Don't want my car to die in a needless fire like so many '76-'79 Sevilles have over the years.

I'll post some other pics soon of any work or projects I've been doing with a dropbox link.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying finally getting thru this horrible winter so we can have some fun with our Cadillacs!

BTW... Not 100% certain yet, but aiming to attend the June 7th Heritage Cadillac 11th annual car show in Lombard, IL (this is actually the dealership where my car was delivered brand new and serviced for over 3 decades as well). Maybe some close by can make it with some vintage Cadillacs.

Take care all. Mark~

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.