70 deville gas tank
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By CADforce69
  • 2 Post By smelvis
  • 1 Post By 70 Convertible
  • 2 Post By smelvis
  • 1 Post By CADforce69
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, 70 deville gas tank in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello all, Hope you are all staying warm. Last year i tried to salvage Daisys fuel tank but she's seeping ...
    smelvis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 deville convertible

70 deville gas tank

Hello all,

Hope you are all staying warm. Last year i tried to salvage Daisys fuel tank but she's seeping again. I have found a few tanks available from the usual vendors but I'm looking at $600 ish.

Does anyone know or have they used another late model gm tank? I think ive read that they may fit but can't find where i read that again. The largest gm tank i can find is 25 gal. I think mine is 26 or 27. Please let me know if i could use a different tank. It seems they are $200 or less. Trying to stay on budget this year. We'll see.

A local boneyard has one but I'd have to assume a 40+ year tanks would have same issues.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Re: 70 deville gas tank

You may contact http://www.cadillacsonly.com/ Maybe they have reconditioned or old good condition tanks. Who knows if they have New Old Stock ones...
    DouglasJRizzo likes this.

70 Convertible is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1970 De Ville Convertible

You might try caddy daddy .com and see if they have it. Even if it doesn't show on their website I would call them and ask. I am at work right now but in the next few days I will dig through my file cabinet at home because I have a huge print out of cadillac parts websites. I found the list on a forum a year ago right after I bought my 70 Deville. I will see what it has about fuel tanks and get back to you.

FoxRodder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 Coupe Deville, 87 Mustang, 00 Mustang

There is a place in my florida cruise news magazine that reconditions and repairs tanks. I'm sure they are not the only ones either. Let me know if you want their contact info

It must be my lucky day. Found one on craigslist from a 69 four door. Hoping its in as good condition as he described. It was a cali car with no rust at all. It was dismantled and never re assembled.

I'm heading up Friday to check it out. He also has both complete rear doors and complete drivers side door, rear quarter trim and rear bumper. I think he has the front spindles with disc brakes too. Send me a message if anyone is interested and I can take pics and check out the parts.
    CADforce69 and DouglasJRizzo like this.

70 Convertible is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1970 De Ville Convertible

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Had some family issues... but enough of that. Here are a few places to check for gas tanks:
    caddy-parts.com
    classiccarautoparts.com
    willingtoncadillacparts.com
    Here is where I found the list of vendors and there are also several Cadillac salvage yards referenced in there
    http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/foru...ic,5742.0.html
    Good Luck
    CADforce69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 Convertible
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Had some family issues... but enough of that. Here are a few places to check for gas tanks: caddy-parts.com classiccarautoparts.com willingtoncadillacparts.com Here is where I found the list of vendors and there are also several Cadillac salvage yards referenced in there http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/foru...ic,5742.0.html Good Luck
    Thanks for the reply. I bought the one I found on CL. It was clean and rust free and came with the sending unit. All for $75 score!!
    70eldo and talismandave like this.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by 70 Convertible View Post
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Had some family issues... but enough of that. Here are a few places to check for gas tanks:
    caddy-parts.com
    classiccarautoparts.com
    willingtoncadillacparts.com
    Here is where I found the list of vendors and there are also several Cadillac salvage yards referenced in there
    http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/foru...ic,5742.0.html
    Good Luck
    Thank you for this huge info, 70 Convertible! I have added it to my favorites
    reddins likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.