My New Project: 1956 Cadillac Sedan Deville Resurrection Thread
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, My New Project: 1956 Cadillac Sedan Deville Resurrection Thread in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Check out my new project!!...
    chstitans42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1956 Cadillac Sedan Deville

My New Project: 1956 Cadillac Sedan Deville Resurrection Thread

Check out my new project!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: My New Project: 1956 Cadillac Sedan Deville Resurrection Thread

What an outstanding survivor you got there. We find these from time to time around here, but they are always swiss cheese up here.

Spent an enjoyable hour on your Youtube page. (Subscribed) Great work so far, really glad to see someone putting loving care into a deserving classic Cadillac.

Good luck and keep at it!

scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

hello to another young classic Cadillac owner! beautiful looking car! I wish I could find something like that in Ontario! most in our area are wrecked or want way to much money for them. I am currently building a 65 coupe deville. where are you finding you finding parts at I have not had a whole lot of luck with finding anything except from www.opgi.com here is a picture of mine keep us posted btw! picture is hard to see there is not much room in the garage but this is the only place I can keep it in the winter. its a flat black on the bottom and the top is gm red hot (belive that's the name of it) 1535503_10153757363610492_2126888738_n.jpg

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Awesome score! She looks like a great survivor, and I bet she'll look even better when you're done! I strongly recommend a factory service manual. I'd also recommend picking up the CLC's authenticity manual for this car. It will have a wealth of information about the car and how it originally left the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    What an outstanding survivor you got there. We find these from time to time around here, but they are always swiss cheese up here.

Spent an enjoyable hour on your Youtube page. (Subscribed) Great work so far, really glad to see someone putting loving care into a deserving classic Cadillac.

Good luck and keep at it!
    Im glad you enjoyed it. I hope to upload a video every week so keep checking back!

Quote Originally Posted by scott9001 View Post
    hello to another young classic Cadillac owner! beautiful looking car! I wish I could find something like that in Ontario! most in our area are wrecked or want way to much money for them. I am currently building a 65 coupe deville. where are you finding you finding parts at I have not had a whole lot of luck with finding anything except from www.opgi.com here is a picture of mine keep us posted btw! picture is hard to see there is not much room in the garage but this is the only place I can keep it in the winter. its a flat black on the bottom and the top is gm red hot (belive that's the name of it) Attachment 177458
    You should feel blessed you have a garage! Even if I wanted to pull the caddy inside, I do not think it would fit!

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    Awesome score! She looks like a great survivor, and I bet she'll look even better when you're done! I strongly recommend a factory service manual. I'd also recommend picking up the CLC's authenticity manual for this car. It will have a wealth of information about the car and how it originally left the factory.
    Do you have any more info on getting the CLC manual?

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

talismandave likes this.

talismandave likes this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Outstanding!

I love the videos. It is so much fun seeing you lovingly bring this beauty back to it's former glory.

You are wise to take the break from time to time to do an easy/fun side project. It is a great way to avoid project fatigue.

Keep up the great work, and I am staying at the computer waiting for the next up-date!
    DouglasJRizzo likes this.

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

Ditto!

Thanks so much for sharing. She's a lovely old gal who will be a beautiful lady once again!

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

I have enjoyed these videos. That seems a good find! 56 is one of the most beautiful cadillac models; love this '56 hardtop line.When you face a project like this, you always find double work -usually more- than you was thinking to restore the car to her former glory -talking from experience- and this is no exception, but you seem determined to achieve this goal. The main principle is working with patience, but also with persistence. Keep up the good work

This is my 69 restoration thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...storation.html Fortunately, no major engine or body work was necessary but a lot work on details... And when you are reaching the end of the list new issues appear! The best thing is I have been able to enjoy it most of the time.
    disturbio likes this.

A little bit of inspiration that I found on ebay. It is an exact clone of my car.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

The effort is well worth it! Really beautiful

So in other good news, I got my transmission back from the rebuilder, and after a new coat of paint it will be ready to throw in the car. I just have to wait on the radiator to be rebuilt and the engine show to finish up. My goal is running and driving dependably by the end of May!
    talismandave likes this.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

To be honest I think that Sedan de Ville in the picture would look better with OEM 1956 Cadillac hubcaps instead of the Eldorado Sabre Wheels.

Nice looking old boat though, I spent a couple of years at the end of the fifties driving my dad around in his 1956 Sixty Special.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    To be honest I think that Sedan de Ville in the picture would look better with OEM 1956 Cadillac hubcaps instead of the Eldorado Sabre Wheels.

Nice looking old boat though, I spent a couple of years at the end of the fifties driving my dad around in his 1956 Sixty Special.
    Do you know if the sabre wheels were an option any car could have or just the ones that had the eldorado engine option?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.