Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My New Project: 1956 Cadillac Sedan Deville Resurrection Thread

25K views 140 replies 17 participants last post by  harascho 
#1 ·
Check out my new project!!

#2 ·
What an outstanding survivor you got there. We find these from time to time around here, but they are always swiss cheese up here.

Spent an enjoyable hour on your Youtube page. (Subscribed:lol:) Great work so far, really glad to see someone putting loving care into a deserving classic Cadillac.

Good luck and keep at it! :welcome5:

#5 ·
Im glad you enjoyed it. I hope to upload a video every week so keep checking back!

hello to another young classic Cadillac owner! beautiful looking car! I wish I could find something like that in Ontario! most in our area are wrecked or want way to much money for them. I am currently building a 65 coupe deville. where are you finding you finding parts at I have not had a whole lot of luck with finding anything except from www.opgi.com here is a picture of mine keep us posted btw! picture is hard to see there is not much room in the garage but this is the only place I can keep it in the winter. its a flat black on the bottom and the top is gm red hot (belive that's the name of it) View attachment 177458
You should feel blessed you have a garage! Even if I wanted to pull the caddy inside, I do not think it would fit!

Awesome score! She looks like a great survivor, and I bet she'll look even better when you're done! :thumbsup: I strongly recommend a factory service manual. I'd also recommend picking up the CLC's authenticity manual for this car. It will have a wealth of information about the car and how it originally left the factory.
Do you have any more info on getting the CLC manual?

#3 ·
hello to another young classic Cadillac owner! beautiful looking car! I wish I could find something like that in Ontario! most in our area are wrecked or want way to much money for them. I am currently building a 65 coupe deville. where are you finding you finding parts at I have not had a whole lot of luck with finding anything except from www.opgi.com here is a picture of mine keep us posted btw! picture is hard to see there is not much room in the garage but this is the only place I can keep it in the winter. its a flat black on the bottom and the top is gm red hot (belive that's the name of it) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Windshield

#4 ·
Awesome score! She looks like a great survivor, and I bet she'll look even better when you're done! :thumbsup: I strongly recommend a factory service manual. I'd also recommend picking up the CLC's authenticity manual for this car. It will have a wealth of information about the car and how it originally left the factory.

#8 ·
Outstanding!:thumbsup:

I love the videos. It is so much fun seeing you lovingly bring this beauty back to it's former glory.:bouncy:

You are wise to take the break from time to time to do an easy/fun side project. It is a great way to avoid project fatigue.:yup:

Keep up the great work, and I am staying at the computer waiting for the next up-date!:lol:

#10 ·
I have enjoyed these videos. That seems a good find! 56 is one of the most beautiful cadillac models; love this '56 hardtop line.When you face a project like this, you always find double work -usually more- than you was thinking to restore the car to her former glory -talking from experience- and this is no exception, but you seem determined to achieve this goal. The main principle is working with patience, but also with persistence. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

This is my 69 restoration thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...6-69-sedan-de-ville-official-restoration.html Fortunately, no major engine or body work was necessary but a lot work on details... And when you are reaching the end of the list new issues appear! The best thing is I have been able to enjoy it most of the time.:bouncy:

#14 ·
To be honest I think that Sedan de Ville in the picture would look better with OEM 1956 Cadillac hubcaps instead of the Eldorado Sabre Wheels.

Nice looking old boat though, I spent a couple of years at the end of the fifties driving my dad around in his 1956 Sixty Special.

#24 ·
Ben,

Great videos, even though I own a '64, I'm learning from you. One thing I would suggest to make your videos even easier to watch is to use a tripod. Instead of running your camera along a piece of weatherstripping or whatever, try mounting the camera on a tripod and running the part past the camera. This would eliminate the jerky movements that are present on all of your videos. Some of us old farts find the "jerkiness" a bit distracting. Please accept this as constructive criticism, I have nothing but respect for you and the great job you are doing in the restoration of this lovely car.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn

#30 ·
I feel your pain, guy! I recently finished restoring a 1969 Fleetwood Brougham. It took waaaay longer than I thought it would, cost abundle more than it should have, and I'm still making adjustments and corrections. But, every time I look at the car, I know it was worth it. Really looking forward to following your restoration. Keep up the good work! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.