1968 Coupe Deville Convertible fender questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CaddyGas
  • 1 Post By disturbio
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, 1968 Coupe Deville Convertible fender questions in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello, I am in the process of restoring a 1968 coupe deville convertible. I am having trouble finding fender patch ...
    grams742000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Lightbulb 1968 Coupe Deville Convertible fender questions

Hello,
    I am in the process of restoring a 1968 coupe deville convertible. I am having trouble finding fender patch repair panels for this year. Does anybody make them??? If not will any 68 fenders work???? Sedan Deville /fleetwood..or does it need to be from a coupe??? They look the same from the exterior but im not sure if they are exact....any info would help....also if anybody has any for sale please contact me at 216-832-0435...thanks matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 1968 Coupe Deville Convertible fender questions

A metal shop will sell you slabs of sheet metal. The thickness will be about 18 gauge. Yes the fenders are the same for coupes and sedans.
    77CDV likes this.

cadillacbart is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 DeVille Convertible (current project)

And not to split hairs, but its a DeVille Convertible. You drop the Coupe when you drop the top. I patched my front fenders myself. Easy area to work on.

Welcome to the forum.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacbart View Post
    And not to split hairs, but its a DeVille Convertible. You drop the Coupe when you drop the top. ...
    Don't want to split hairs either, but Cadillac used to have 4 door convertibles too (albeit it was only offered in the series 62)

CADforce69 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

USA Parts sell patch panels for the 67-68. $120 each: https://www.google.es/search?q=usa+p...GLLwygPo4YCADQ Page 32 of the catalog.

FoxRodder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 Coupe Deville, 87 Mustang, 00 Mustang

I've been trying to find the same thing for my 68 COUPE DEVILLE HARD TOP Got stir it up some. I saw in that catalog I think but didn't investigate further plus 120$ is like the cost of an entire fender for most cars. Seems hard to find any body parts for my 68. Emailed desert valley auto parts, and they have PLENTY of cars to get parts from, but they want PLENTY of my money for them. I asked for a section of sheet metal in the quarter to patch the lowers and they wanted 250$ each side plus shipping for a probably 3'X1' section. I think fenders were like 500 a piece plus shipping. When I get up enough nerve I'm going to find some sheet metal and some body filler and make it look clean at least. I'm hoping for a chance at a cheap car or a parting out locally in the mean time.

disturbio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1969 DeVille convertible, 72 sdv - RIP

Coachworks did make four doors into convertibles too. They look pretty cool. I'll find a pic. As far a the panels, sounds just as cheap to take it to a body man who can fab some.
    talismandave likes this.

FoxRodder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 Coupe Deville, 87 Mustang, 00 Mustang

There is a four door vert 67 or 68 on eBay right now. I think it was here in fl. Seller thinks it's worth alot though

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRodder View Post
    I've been trying to find the same thing for my 68 COUPE DEVILLE HARD TOP Got stir it up some. I saw in that catalog I think but didn't investigate further plus 120$ is like the cost of an entire fender for most cars. Seems hard to find any body parts for my 68. Emailed desert valley auto parts, and they have PLENTY of cars to get parts from, but they want PLENTY of my money for them. I asked for a section of sheet metal in the quarter to patch the lowers and they wanted 250$ each side plus shipping for a probably 3'X1' section. I think fenders were like 500 a piece plus shipping. When I get up enough nerve I'm going to find some sheet metal and some body filler and make it look clean at least. I'm hoping for a chance at a cheap car or a parting out locally in the mean time.
    I fell your pain... I´ve been looking for a pair of good condition fenders for my 69 but the best I´ve found is $ 495 each one + $ 240 shipping inside U.S., so finally I have decided to repair mine. Rust free ones are difficult to find and you have to pay for them... Maybe if you are patient and keep on looking for them in your area, you are lucky and find a car that is being parting out... with good fenders.

1970CadillacCalais is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1970 Cadillac Calais
    I bought fenders for my 70 off eBay. I bought the ones for a 69. Same except badges. $99 a piece and $360 for shipping from California.

^On Ebay? I´ve been watching Ebay for more than 90 days and I´ve not seen them

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.