1968 deville interior question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, 1968 deville interior question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i have a 68 sedan deville with white leather interior. the back seat was recovered before i got the car. ...
    superjeep is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 68 sdv,63 sdv,64 fleetwood,60 fleetwood,66 fleetwood

1968 deville interior question

i have a 68 sedan deville with white leather interior. the back seat was recovered before i got the car. i brought it to a few upholstery shops and they said they dont think they can make a new cover up and if they could it would be over a thousand dollars for one seat. i have found coupe deville rear seats and new seat covers in white. i know that the cdv has the speaker in the rear seat.

other than that is there a size difference between the sdv and cdv rear seats? i dont mind a speaker in the seat or can maybe even have the shop modify the cdv cover to fit my frame. i cant find one sdv with white leather anywhere and i have been looking for months and months. thank you in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Re: 1968 deville interior question

Have you tried SMS? They should be able to supply you with the material to recover your seat correctly. And if you're using leather, $2000 for both seats isn't all that unreasonable. You can lower your cost by going with vinyl.

As far as coupe vs. sedan seats, I think they're the same width.

Have not heard of sms. Is the factory material "real" leather or something different?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

It's real leather on the seating surfaces. Balance is vinyl.

Ohhh ok. What is sms?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

OPGI has the complete set (front and back) in full leather for about $1400. Half for only front or back.
    Vinyl is about half that price.

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

There are some subtle differences between a Coupe DeVille and DeVille Convertible, that make it a bit of a challenge. The rear seat on the convertible is sculpted differently not just for the radio speaker but also a different height/depth/width to clear the top mechanism of the day. One reason why Cadillac made such a stink about the inward folding "scissor top" on the 71-76 Eldorado, in fact, was because it allowed the rear seat cushions to be the same as the Coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasJRizzo View Post
    There are some subtle differences between a Coupe DeVille and DeVille Convertible, that make it a bit of a challenge. The rear seat on the convertible is sculpted differently not just for the radio speaker but also a different height/depth/width to clear the top mechanism of the day. One reason why Cadillac made such a stink about the inward folding "scissor top" on the 71-76 Eldorado, in fact, was because it allowed the rear seat cushions to be the same as the Coupe.
    so would a non convertible coupe deville rear seat fit my sedan? they wrecked all the foam and stuff under it when the covered it. thats why im trying to find a whole white seat set up. its in the air right now getting a mild rest. nothing crazy because i love driving it and if the weather is good i drive it daily.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.