Update. It's been a while. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, Update. It's been a while. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The only way I could reverse rear lights diagram to original would be registering the car as a Historic Vehicle. ...
    CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Re: Update. It's been a while.

The only way I could reverse rear lights diagram to original would be registering the car as a Historic Vehicle. It takes 1000 Euros here in Spain. Too much for me as I have to expend a lot of money yet. In addition I have to cover the hole the previous owner made in the rear bumper to install those awful lights (when they needed just an amber light on each side to fit european regulation)

1970CadillacCalais is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1970 Cadillac Calais
    Well I think I will buy me some fenders since they seem to be rust free for the most part. Just need to look at my body to see if its something I can replace myself or need to take to a shop to do. With the new body parts my cadillac will be black, white and a yellowish tan.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by CADforce69 View Post
    The only way I could reverse rear lights diagram to original would be registering the car as a Historic Vehicle. It takes 1000 Euros here in Spain. Too much for me as I have to expend a lot of money yet. In addition I have to cover the hole the previous owner made in the rear bumper to install those awful lights (when they needed just an amber light on each side to fit european regulation)
    Don't you just hate the burocracy? In Holland it cost only about a fraction of that. In Germany it is about the same burocratic hassle.

Well decided today to adjust the carburetor because I've noticed a smell which is caused by running rich since the weather has turned cold here. I was adjusting it and pushing the cable linkage to see if it responds without stalling and had my edelbrock carb at 1 1/2 turn to 1 3/4 (poof) flame and under hood damper on fire.. lol so time to throw that away as it was hanging anyways. settled at 1 1/4th turn and responds good. Also I have zip tied my ac servo open because the door isn't working to send heat. Next step is replacing the vacuum lines as they may be a problem and do the actuator as it is cheaper than replacing the servo first.

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    Don't you just hate the burocracy? In Holland it cost only about a fraction of that. In Germany it is about the same burocratic hassle.
    The problem here is that cars are seen by the Government only as a cow they can milk... And old well cared cars are seen as a richmanīs whim. In addition, now we have German taxes and Russian public services

Some people have a double taillight wiring, so they put detachable amber lights when they pass safety inspections... There is a regulation here according to which cars made before 1978 can preserve their original factory wiring (I.E.: I could preserve my red directional indicators though I would have to convince the inspectors)... But the police could fine any car running without amber turning lights unless itīs registered as historic. Itīs a law jungle ... An yes, I hate bureaucracy with all my soul

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1970CadillacCalais View Post
    Well decided today to adjust the carburetor because I've noticed a smell which is caused by running rich since the weather has turned cold here. I was adjusting it and pushing the cable linkage to see if it responds without stalling and had my edelbrock carb at 1 1/2 turn to 1 3/4 (poof) flame and under hood damper on fire.. lol so time to throw that away as it was hanging anyways. settled at 1 1/4th turn and responds good. Also I have zip tied my ac servo open because the door isn't working to send heat. Next step is replacing the vacuum lines as they may be a problem and do the actuator as it is cheaper than replacing the servo first.
    Iīm glad only hood damper burned. Itīs not very useful unless you have to isolate engine from extreme cold when parked outside... And you live in Florida
    First step when A/C & heating doesnīt work properly is checking hoses. Maybe one of them is disconnected or cracked at some connection. FSM is a great help on this issue.

Next pay day I will be changing the vacuum hoses. I ordered the fenders today in great condition from someone for a total under $400 shipped. Can't wait until those get here. Love that my wife is agreeing to buying parts when I find them for reasonable prices.
    77CDV likes this.

You are lucky to get this set of bumpers for only $400 shipped! Itīs a lot more difficult finding these kind of big/heavy parts from Europe... And yes, happy wife, happy life

That's the key. Had this car for almost 4 years I think and haven't done anything cosmetic to it. Thinking about having it painted the new cadillac colors of diamond white.
    CADforce69 likes this.

Well good news bad news. The guy misquoted me on the shipping of the fenders. Looks like it may cost an additional $180 to get them shipped cross country bringing the total to $550 for both fenders shipped. Good deal is I paid only $198 for both fenders combined in excellent shape. So $550 for good fenders sounds better than getting mine repaired which could cost almost the same amount of money or just a fraction under.
    70eldo, 77CDV and CADforce69 like this.

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

The heated seat option showed up around 65 or 66. It is RARE and when new, buyers were STRONGLY discouraged from purchasing it, as the heating elements were bare, threaded into the seat cushions. After a year or so, some wild interior fires would start. The units were supposed to turn off after a while, but many times didn't. Many dealers disconnected the systems on cars that came through with it. It disappeared sometime around 70 or so. I don't remember seeing it on the 71 and up cars.

Of course, this makes it all the more desirable now!

Just be warned.
    CADforce69 likes this.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasJRizzo View Post
    The heated seat option showed up around 65 or 66. It is RARE and when new, buyers were STRONGLY discouraged from purchasing it, as the heating elements were bare, threaded into the seat cushions. After a year or so, some wild interior fires would start. The units were supposed to turn off after a while, but many times didn't. Many dealers disconnected the systems on cars that came through with it. It disappeared sometime around 70 or so. I don't remember seeing it on the 71 and up cars.

Of course, this makes it all the more desirable now!

Just be warned.
    Bacon & eggs to go
    CADforce69 and DouglasJRizzo like this.

One window motor down today before going to work. Going to work on the rear motor tomorrow. If I have enough wire tomorrow I will try the seats but weather isn't cold anymore lol.

So my wife says I have $300 to do with as I please. Not sure if I should order carpet or smaller accs (window switch panels for front and back that have the auto locks). Would also have to buy some after market actuators but my doors are wired already to add them.

Just won a complete door lock and window switch set off eBay for a total of $35. My car has all the wiring for power locks so I just have to buy some actuators. Also the tears will now have outlets for chargers for the kids.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.