74 / 77 Eldorado bench seat/interior change out
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, 74 / 77 Eldorado bench seat/interior change out in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi guys, first I want to say this forum is a fantastic source of knowledge and camaraderie. Now the question. ...
    Apollo(yellow) is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 74 Eldorado

74 / 77 Eldorado bench seat/interior change out

Hi guys, first I want to say this forum is a fantastic source of knowledge and camaraderie. Now the question. Has anyone switched out a front bench seat for 50/50 split front seats? I have a 74 eldo convertible and I would like to swap out the seats/interior from a 77 eldo biarritz. Any how to input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Apollo(yellow) is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 74 Eldorado

Re: 74 / 77 Eldorado bench seat/interior change out

Ok here's what I've ferreted out. The back seat should be a breeze. Exact fit with no alterations. Both interiors are white leather. The upper side panels will not fit because donor car is a coupe and the lowers will fit but won't have the convertible courtesy lights but thats ok because my interior panels are in great shape except of course for the door panels which should also be an exact fit. The only issue there would be changing out the carpet panels on the door bottoms (original is black, donor is red) but I think thats just a few clips and voila done. The "wood" dash insert should also be an exact fit so that the "wood" grains are the same colour as the new door panels (and also the 77 just looks cooler). This brings me to the crux of the problem which I've found zero information on, what is nessessary to change the bench seat to two separate seats. I know its been done because I've found a few pics of 74 eldo convertibles sporting the oh so opulent pillow top biarritz 50/50 seats. How they got in there ( like the Cadbury bar ) remains a mystery. (Sorry, that's a reference our American cousins may not get ). Will the two outside rails match up or will it be a start from scratch scenario. Any nuggets at this point would be invaluable, thanks in advance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.