Guido Delgatto is in the house! My 87 Brougham. - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, Guido Delgatto is in the house! My 87 Brougham. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Many of the pics posted by Dave could belong to a brochure indeed Beautiful landscapes as unrivalled settings for a ...
    CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Re: Guido Delgatto is in the house! My 87 Brougham.

Many of the pics posted by Dave could belong to a brochure indeed Beautiful landscapes as unrivalled settings for a superb car.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Is the sunroof in yet?

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Thank's for the nice comments on the photos. They are from my cell phone so not a lot of skill involved. I give all credit to the Galaxy III!
    As CADforce69 points out, it is easy when you have a lot of natural beauty to work with. (...and the things he is parked in front of aren't bad either!)

That area of the state has a high concentration of Swiss and Norwegian communities because the settlers coming over thought the hilly terrain was like their homeland.

Taliesan is always under restoration. I am ashamed to admit, as someone who is a lover of architecture, follower of FLW, and my living in his hometown of Richland Center, and his second home Madison, that I have yet to visit it.

Twice I was at the gate with the intention, the first time I was young, broke and had a car full of family, and couldn't afford the entry for all of us, the second was a few years back and they were closed. I will correct that one of these days. I have been through the Johnson Wax building, and the Johnson family home. Both were inspiring and beautiful. Wonderful if they were built in the 7os, amazing when put into the architectural context of the period he designed them.

Back to Guido, still driving him daily.
    I think I am in denial that one of these days they will salt the roads and I will have to stop. I really am going to have a hard time with that when it happens. I am so comfortable in him and not just the plush interior, but a "being home again" comfort of the soul. That car fits me like an old leather jacket, well worn and molded to your every curve. A comfort born of familiarity. The comfort of an old friend.

The sunroof is still in my hall. It's install will be undertaken once I can no longer run him. Which the weather forecast I just watched will probably be Friday...
    77CDV likes this.

Classic L is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Concours / 88 Broughm D'el / 76 Coupe D'el

Dave, I'm late I know. Wanted to say congrats though and what a big difference small enhancements make. The car looks killer. Just the tires, height adjustment, fillers and chrome accents bring it to a new life. Glad you got a chance to enjoy it before the salt. I bet it rode like a dream. We should have some good rain coming up. I love them Broughams and know what you mean about slippin' into 'em. Anyway, looking forward to more updates (and great photos) this Spring.... btw, where did you get the window vents? I need four myself.

Thanks ClassicL! Yeah I am having a ton of fun driving it when the roads are dry. Hit 57 degrees today so it won't be long now.
    Vents were from Ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVS-Ventshad...item20b28f1597

Guido took me for a ride today to go sign a lease.....and pick up a door opener!

I often refer to riding in my Cadillac, as opposed to driving my Cadillac.

I was thinking about why I find a ride in my Cadillac so soothing after a long day. I realized that that is really why. I do not feel overly involved in the act of driving.

I am in a comfortable seat, armrest exactly at the point my arm would naturally fall, steering wheel is exactly where my hand rests, wheel firmly pinched between my thumb and forefinger. I rarely have to move my arm up from the rest. I feel more like an interested observer than a participant.

I could never get away with this in my Volvo. Just keeping it in its lane requires more turn of the wheel than a lane change in the Cadillac. The steering feedback requires at least one full hand firmly wrapped around the wheel, lest it be pulled from my grip. Every pebble is felt through the wheel, and the seat of you pants.

No point to all this, just a "lets hear it for" being insulated from the road, and riding in comfort!

Classic L is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Concours / 88 Broughm D'el / 76 Coupe D'el

Nice candid sibling portrait. Look at Sally being shy. Dave, when you have an alignment, cruise control, good tires and suspension, on a straight piece of Hwy, you almost don't have to touch anything. Just keep a foot near the brake. I often steer with one finger dude, on the city streets, U turn, whatever. Yeah the car pretty much does all the driving for you, and if you crash (God forbid), the car will even absorb the impact for you. Talk about being insulated... Hey, it just dawned on me. A good Cadillac is like a good German Shepard. So versatile, so reliable, so well behaved, so distinguished, so easy to "drive"(or direct). It's like, you let it know what you want it to do and just sit back. Yeah man, I can dig what you talkin' 'bout...
    77CDV and talismandave like this.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Back in the eighties, when I would have to go to a meeting that would run into the late evening, I would take my '76 Seville instead of my XJ6 because the Seville seemed to effortlessly carry me home and deliver me with the least effort!
    77CDV, talismandave and Classic L like this.

...and like the Shepard, it is there to protect you when things go bad!

A first gen Seville is moving up the short list quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    ...and like the Shepard, it is there to protect you when things go bad!

A first gen Seville is moving up the short list quickly!
    $500.
    talismandave likes this.

bigm57ict is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

So how many garage spaces do you get at the new place?

Quote Originally Posted by bigm57ict View Post
    So how many garage spaces do you get at the new place?
    Oh I am staying in the same place, just added a second indoor stall to my lease.
    I am in my eleventh year here, can't beat 150 ft commute to work!
    77CDV and jamespowers like this.

Itīs true... when youīve had a bad day, driving your cadillac is the best way to turn it into a great day; you enter a new dimension of style, comfort and pleasant driving that makes you forget any ungrateful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CADforce69 View Post
    Itīs true... when youīve had a bad day, driving your cadillac is the best way to turn it into a great day; you enter a new dimension of style, comfort and pleasant driving that makes you forget any ungrateful experience.
    All of that and I feel safe in my Brougham:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...r-economy.html

^Yeah, itīs like driving a tank It provides a sense of power and safety added to comfort and luxury. Thatīs why in 1960 cadillac was known as the car of cars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKD5Q3eI-0A

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.