Guido Delgatto is in the house! My 87 Brougham. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, Guido Delgatto is in the house! My 87 Brougham. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Dave, I love the license plate frame! I love all the loving you're putting into you cool car! Yellow Cadillacs ...
    Bro-Ham is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    Dave, I love the license plate frame! I love all the loving you're putting into you cool car! Yellow Cadillacs are very sexy.

Yesterday marked my 8 year anniversary with my yellow boat. I was looking for a nice 425 Cadillac at the time and my 79 just happened to have been traded in to the Chrysler dealer a mile away by the original owner. I wasn't sure of the color at first but the car was so magnificent. Now that I have owned yellow I have come to appreciate how unique and fabulous it is. I suspect you have already fallen hopelessly in love since you have evolved from this car being a temporary foster child to being fully adopted and loved. Keep it up!
    77CDV and talismandave like this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: Guido Delgatto is in the house! My 87 Brougham.

I suspect I will some day be celebrating a milestone like that with Guido. As long as I can keep the rust at bay. My concern is that the top is not in good shape and has probably been allowing moisture in for some time. I hate the way the top wraps the back window! I love the look of it, but it seems like a big gap to collect water....

I need to start spending some serious money on the Talisman, and Guido is going to have to get leftovers for a while. So I hope to get the roof scrubbed and clear coated with either spray paint or clear Rustoleum flexible rubber sealant before winter is here. The forecast has several days in the mid to high 50's in it yet so there is hope. It will be replaced at some point down the line, but I hope to cheat a few more years out of it first. Cant justify putting paint and new vinyl on the 87 when the 74 has none.

Unlike you I have been in love with the Pale Yellow Cadillacs since I first saw one in the 80's. That was the driving force behind getting this one. I am just so glad that for once my impulsive automotive desires actually turned out to be a solid well kept car! That never happens to me. I usually have to wear blinders to convince myself that "it will be fine"!

I would love to blame you and Craig, but I had a "yellow bug" before I knew you guys. However seeing your fine examples here all the time didn't help!

Congratulations on the anniversary!

Added two LED lights to the dash, gives me help with the radio and center console. Color temp is to high, have some yellow ones ordered and will swap them in and try them next.

photo uploading

photo uploading
    77CDV likes this.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

The license plate bracket is great and add to the impressive rear look of this car. I see there is an improvement everyday.

Be careful, Sally can be jealous for all the attention Guido is grabbing. Thatīs what happened with my Dodge, that started claiming the same attentions Rex was receiving.
    talismandave likes this.

That has already happened but with my neglected Volvo convertible!
    Guido had to provide a jump start the other day. New battery and letting a friend borrow it a couple times has solved that though.

Well the only work done lately was to pull the drivers seat and add a little foam under the front edge. While it was out I also bent the back into a more upright position, as I suspect it had been bent back over the years. Not sure which it needed more, but the two made a world of difference in driver comfort. Passenger seat next.

I put a lot of miles on the last couple days. It snowed on Mon but no salters were out yet so it was game on for a couple late season drives. Tue night I went out late and did the town and listened to some Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and Rhapsody in Blue. It was heavenly!

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site
    77CDV and CADforce69 like this.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Glad to see the Capital holding its' own, with Mrs. Rennebohm on top still looking for places to put more drugstores!
    talismandave likes this.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I put a lot of miles on the last couple days. It snowed on Mon but no salters were out yet so it was game on for a couple late season drives. Tue night I went out late and did the town and listened to some Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and Rhapsody in Blue. It was heavenly!
    image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site
    That's Amore!
    talismandave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Glad to see the Capital holding its' own, with Mrs. Rennebohm on top still looking for places to put more drugstores!
    Yes, Miss "Forward" is still shining brightly from the top. They re-plated her several years ago and were surprised to find a bullet hole through the palm of her upraised hand!

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    That's Amore!
    Indeed, and the next day I did it again.

Took a trip out to an old town I used to live in, and got some photos of the old mill there. Then backtracked to my favorite piece of road in the area. A twisty county trunk that keeps climbing up to a small county park with a great view.

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

The old homestead.

image uploading site

Then on to Brigham Co Park.

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

image uploading site

So Guido and I have been enjoying the late season run time we have had. It will be a sad day when I wake up to find salted roads.

So far I have put 1400 trouble free miles on and have been loving it.
    77CDV and CADforce69 like this.

Great pictures, Dave, reminds me of when I used to take runs out to Taliesen in the Fall. I'd say you are getting your money's worth out of Guido.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

The pic of the hood ornament against the fall backdrop is brochure-worthy!
    Driver-8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Great pictures, Dave, reminds me of when I used to take runs out to Taliesen in the Fall. I'd say you are getting your money's worth out of Guido.
    Hyde is only about 7 miles from Taliesan. My folks owned the property for 10 years but my friends and I only lived in it for a few months. The house was three old houses moved to the lot and joined together. I guess as the family grew they must have just moved in another house. After we moved out my folks remodeled it into a duplex for rental. It was a fun summer, but the free rent wasn't worth the long commute!

The building in the foreground was a general store run by a sweet old lady. Had a men's/women's two holer out house in back. Since her passing it has become a bar.

The old mill is about a half mile down the road from the house.

Back in the sixties there used to be a place, I believe it was called, House on the Rock. It was a home that, I believe an architect, had built into the rocks on top of a mountain. The huge boulders were an integral part of the house, but it was the view in the Fall that really made the house a standout. The view was very much like your pictures. Back in those days the house was open to the public to tour for a small fee.

Opened in 1959, still there and growing.

image uploading site

They added the Infinity Room, the 14th room of the House, in 1985. A unique room with a panoramic view of Wyoming valley. It extends 218 feet out over the valley and 156 feet above the forest floor. There are 3,264 windows for walls!

image uploading site

Wow, that's neat! It was really very impressive when I was there back about 1964. Does anyone live in the house anymore?

Have they done anything about restoring Taliesen? I had heard that they were trying to raise money some time ago. I have always had an interest in architecture and getting to visit both Taliesens back in the 1960's was a real treat. Our home in Sao Paulo Brazil was design by Oscar Niemeyer who also designed the buildings and lay out of Brasilia (for me Brazil's new capital,; it was the Rio de Janeiro suburb of Niteroi when I lived in the country in the mid 1950's). (Now there's a bit of trivia for you. Even the textbooks say the old capital of Brazil was Rio de Janeiro, when in actuality it was Niteroi across Guanabara Bay!).
    talismandave likes this.

Driver-8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Seville, 1999 Jeep GC Ltd

Wow, funny you mentioned this... I was thinking the exact same thing and it could def be in a brochure. I knew it kinda reminded me of something, so I looked thru my Cadillac ad files and found this >> cadi1973scene.jpg
    77CDV, CADforce69 and talismandave like this.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

1973 catalogue. Was just flipping through it the other night.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.