Guido Delgatto is in the house! My 87 Brougham. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, Guido Delgatto is in the house! My 87 Brougham. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by talismandave Me too! Can't argue with either one of you! Doesn't alter the fact it is going ...
    jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Re: Guido Delgatto is in the house! My 87 Brougham.

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Me too! Can't argue with either one of you!
    Doesn't alter the fact it is going in! But thanks for the sound advice.

Don't judge me!

My purse collection is well known to the forum.
    Looks like I see a lot of weather stripping in your future.

Is that a Louis Vuitton or a Dooney & Bourke?

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

It is sitting on a beautiful Cadillac though

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

None of that middle market stuff for Dave, it must be an Hermes or better!

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Looks like I see a lot of weather stripping in your future.

Is that a Louis Vuitton or a Dooney & Bourke?
    I drove a Triumph Spitfire for 10 years, an Olds Delta 88 convertible for 3 years, and a soft top Wrangler for 4 years. They all leaked to varying degrees from drips on up.
    I have been rained on, snowed on, and with the Jeep, every time you open (unzip) the window everything on it would come in on your lap. I ain't made of sugar cause I've never had a single part of me melt yet. Also never got rid of any of them because of it. The enjoyment each one gave me were well worth the occasional drip here or there.

Those were all my daily drivers! No choice to take a different car if it was raining. No indoor parking place. Quite frankly, I would almost cut the damn hole in the roof without a sunroof to put in it. This is my third car, that will be a sunny day cruiser. So, anything that leaks less than a 3 foot by 2 foot hole will make me happy!

As to the label on my bag, Igloo!.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    None of that middle market stuff for Dave, it must be an Hermes or better!
    Does Hermes make one that will hold a six pack?

Now, excuse me, but I must procure some reciprocal saw blades.....

I drove a Triumph Spitfire for 10 years, an Olds Delta 88 convertible for 3 years, and a soft top Wrangler for 4 years. They all leaked to varying degrees from drips on up.
    I have been rained on, snowed on, and with the Jeep, every time you open (unzip) the window everything on it would come in on your lap. I ain't made of sugar cause I've never had a single part of me melt yet. Also never got rid of any of them because of it. The enjoyment each one gave me were well worth the occasional drip here or there.

Those were all my daily drivers! No choice to take a different car if it was raining. No indoor parking place. Quite frankly, I would almost cut the damn hole in the roof without a sunroof to put in it. This is my third car, that will be a sunny day cruiser. So, anything that leaks less than a 3 foot by 2 foot hole will make me happy!

A Triumph!? Man, you are a glutton for punishment. Proceed as you were.

An Hermes igloo eh?

Saw blades?! Here we go.
    talismandave likes this.

Driver-8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Seville, 1999 Jeep GC Ltd

Morning Dave...

Yes... even more in common now. (Cadillacs, Triumphs, Olds', dealership employee, Midwest) My 1st car was a Triumph Spitfire, and was my daily driver here in Chicago. What a MISTAKE (on multiple levels), my family warned me about British cars, but yes, young & foolish. Anyhow that car leaked everything, from the motor and the horrid ragtop. I tried every type of plastic made to rig a back window on that Triumph, but it really didn't matter it was inop or broken down more than on the road. I went right from that matchbox car to a 1976 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency sedan (bought on the spot when it came in trade at the Olds Dealer where I worked). It took 3 weeks for me to be able to pilot that monster or park it after driving the Spitfire.

Oh yeah, then there was my Mom's '73 SDV that poured water on you from the A pillar area along the top of the windshield seal in anything beyond a drizzle. I also had 3 GTOs, 2 of them convertibles '68 & '69 they both got rain and snow all over me and I'm still here to talk about it

Thanks for drudging up some good memories. Mark~

PS: It sounds like you can go to several junkyards and find Cadillacs all over the place. I am def jealous, here in Chicago, I cant find any let alone a 1st gen Seville. The one I found was stripped beyond any real value. When I was a young boy, I'd go weekly with my Grandpa and ANYTHING you wanted was there for the picking. It's all commercial now here and only good for late model turd-mobile parts here & there.

I'm gonna have to email you a shopping list for your boneyard runs up there <g>
    talismandave likes this.

When I get back out to the yard I will grab a few pics of the 1st gens they have. Might be time for a road trip to Madison!

Driver-8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Seville, 1999 Jeep GC Ltd

When I get back out to the yard I will grab a few pics of the 1st gens they have. Might be time for a road trip to Madison!
    Yes... I think that might be just the plan here, not far away at all. And, I have the Jeep to get up there, so weather/travel no prob. Just getting near bad temps for the junkyard searches, but Christine is worth it. The pics would be awesome Dave, I can PM an email addy to you for that. Thanks, Mark~
    talismandave likes this.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Dave, if you wish to try your hand at changing the screen, I have a dead UX1 (got really wet and had a preamp failure.....I bought it for the knobs/ buttons LOL. The screen still works fine though.) I could desolder the ribbon cable from the main board and mail the screen to you.

Don't need the screen, that is still the normal color. If you have a good plastic face plate that is high gloss black, that would be all I need. The red was only on that. It came off with 4 clips in the corners once the top and bottom plates were removed. The screen readout stayed in the radio separate from it.
    Here it is as installed now.

photo uploading

Sorryfor the bad photo...but yo uget the idea at least.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Nice console! Looks to be the same color as mine.
    Next thing you know, guido will be sporting a truck engine and some buick rims LOL.
    talismandave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Next thing you know, guido will be sporting a truck engine and some buick rims LOL.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    talismandave likes this.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    Fancy radio and console! Are you changing the display color or going with it as is?

----------

...Next thing you know, guido will be sporting a truck engine and some buick rims LOL.
    Yikes! No one would drive a car like that would they ?!?
    jamespowers likes this.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

I have had a lot of work in the last month so I have only entered the forum from time to time with little time to write... But I have been watching you Iīm glad you are so happy with Guido, Dave. Yes, itīs comforting dealing with a car that only need some details here and there to be in a perfect shape and riding like a true cadillac... With the whitewall tires he has a more distinguished look. These cars were made to wear them.

Guido has been very lucky you found him... Or did he find you?

BTW, Do you think handsome Guido and old Sally could have some cadillac puppies? I wonīt mention Cimarron again

Quote Originally Posted by Driver-8 View Post
    Morning Dave...

Yes... even more in common now. (Cadillacs, Triumphs, Olds', dealership employee, Midwest) My 1st car was a Triumph Spitfire, and was my daily driver here in Chicago. What a MISTAKE (on multiple levels), my family warned me about British cars, but yes, young & foolish. Anyhow that car leaked everything, from the motor and the horrid ragtop. I tried every type of plastic made to rig a back window on that Triumph, but it really didn't matter it was inop or broken down more than on the road. I went right from that matchbox car to a 1976 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency sedan (bought on the spot when it came in trade at the Olds Dealer where I worked). It took 3 weeks for me to be able to pilot that monster or park it after driving the Spitfire.

Oh yeah, then there was my Mom's '73 SDV that poured water on you from the A pillar area along the top of the windshield seal in anything beyond a drizzle. I also had 3 GTOs, 2 of them convertibles '68 & '69 they both got rain and snow all over me and I'm still here to talk about it

Thanks for drudging up some good memories. Mark~

PS: It sounds like you can go to several junkyards and find Cadillacs all over the place. I am def jealous, here in Chicago, I cant find any let alone a 1st gen Seville. The one I found was stripped beyond any real value. When I was a young boy, I'd go weekly with my Grandpa and ANYTHING you wanted was there for the picking. It's all commercial now here and only good for late model turd-mobile parts here & there.

I'm gonna have to email you a shopping list for your boneyard runs up there <g>
    Quite a shared auto history! I rarely run into anyone as stupid as me, automotive choice wise!
    I was even dumb enough to own the Delta 88 convertible twice! The second time I bought it the engine was shot and I had friends saving their drain oil for me to burn it up for them.

The windshield to top leak I fixed with a couple tubes silicone, layered on top of the windshield over 4 days and left to cure. Sort of "form a gasket" for lap leaks!

(For those following along, I already emailed Mark that I only have one 1st gen at my favorite yard, but plan on checking a couple others I have been meaning to get to.)

I don't know about the truck engine, but my first Fleet had the Buick rims! So....

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    Fancy radio and console! Are you changing the display color or going with it as is?
    Probably just leave it, for now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by CADforce69 View Post
    I have had a lot of work in the last month so I have only entered the forum from time to time with little time to write... But I have been watching you Iīm glad you are so happy with Guido, Dave. Yes, itīs comforting dealing with a car that only need some details here and there to be in a perfect shape and riding like a true cadillac... With the whitewall tires he has a more distinguished look. These cars were made to wear them.

Guido has been very lucky you found him... Or did he find you?

BTW, Do you think handsome Guido and old Sally could have some cadillac puppies? I wonīt mention Cimarron again
    Glad you have been along for the ride Rueben.

I don't know about Sally, but I will admit Guido and I make quite a pair.

Both of us too old, much bigger than we need to be, a little too loud, and way too brash to blend in with the crowd....don't even get me started on the noxious fumes we regularly emit!

Well, the up-date is that the love affair continues, except for a little frustration on the "meet the parents" drive. The speedo cable decided it was too cold that day and let me know by making noise....

Hit the 1000 mile mark of ownership and all is still rosy. Mileage around Madison is 16.6 mpg. Pleasant surprise, I'm used to 472's!
    He got his butt lift and the ride is still Cadillac smooth and level control is hooked up and working as it should.

photo uploading

Have added a couple of finishing touches....the first a yard find, and the second compliments of Mr. Matt, from my summer visit!

photo uploading

It cleaned up real nice! I decided to cut down on the gold with some black paint though.

photo uploading

Also a nod to the "family" website!

photo uploading
    77CDV likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.