Limo Rear Air Condition System
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, Limo Rear Air Condition System in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I resently purchased a 1969 Fleetwood Limo. The entire rear air conditioning system is missing. Any suggestions on how to ...
    JokerCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 Fleetwood 75 Limo

Limo Rear Air Condition System

I resently purchased a 1969 Fleetwood Limo.
    The entire rear air conditioning system is missing.
    Any suggestions on how to get one to work or find one?
    CAn I modifiy the front system to cool off the car without the rear system?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 01 ETC, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Re: Limo Rear Air Condition System

Is it the 9 passenger sedan or the formal limousine? If it's the formal, you can just close off the rear compartment and the front system will take care of the driver's compartment. The front system lacks sufficient capacity to cool the entire interior by itself, hence the rear system. You can find the components to rebuild the rear system off ebay.

Fleet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '69 Fleetwood Brougham, '76 Fleetwood Limousine

The rear A/C also doesn't work on my '76 Seventy-Five Limousine. Actually, it kind of works. One of my Cadillac friends has fiddled with the rear system before and was analyzing mine. He took some kind of hand-held vacuum pump and connected it to some connection on the rear unit was pumping it and cool air did blow through the rear ceiling vents! He disconnected it and it stopped blowing. So, on mine, it seems to be a vacuum problem.

As 77CDV mentioned above, on the limo model, the partition can be in the up position and only the front compartment is cooled. I leave my partition up almost all the time, even in mild weather, because it makes the car look even more "formal!"

Years ago, about 2 or 3 of us would go for a drive in the mountains. I would put the partition window down and keep the A/C on the entire time and the rear compartment does get cool enough to be comfortable. It does take 10-15 minutes and it's not quite as warm in the mountains; that helped.

There is supposed to be a shop in the Los Angeles area (San Fernando Valley) which knows how to service those rear units. I never did get around to checking it out, probably because the front unit works well.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JokerCaddy View Post
    I resently purchased a 1969 Fleetwood Limo.
    The entire rear air conditioning system is missing.
    Any suggestions on how to get one to work or find one?
    CAn I modifiy the front system to cool off the car without the rear system?
    How about some photos? I always enjoy looking at the 1969 Fleetwood Seventy-Fives! Your is what color? Rear seat material? Odometer mileage?

Dingo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 75 Sedan

I had the rear system in my 67 fully overhauled and was very disappointed with the results. The 2 fans blow plenty of air but even with the air-conditioner fully gassed, it's not real cold from the roof. My front system is ice cold and luckily cools the entire car. The heater on the floor works great but fogs up the rear window in minutes. You might find an aftermarket one that would perform better?

Fleet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '69 Fleetwood Brougham, '76 Fleetwood Limousine

I know someone who also owns a '67 Fleetwood Seventy-Five (9-passenger sedan). The rear climate control unit does work and we went for a ride with me in the back and the rear unit on. It does blow cold, but right in your face! It was not a hot day; that cool air blowing on you would probably feel good on a very hot day. If you close the roof vent, then the air blows through a bunch of holes near the vent.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

If it is vacuum related check with cadillactim.com for parts and advise

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.