1976 Fleetwood Seventy-Five Mysteries
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, 1976 Fleetwood Seventy-Five Mysteries in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Two mysteries about the 1976 Fleetwood Seventy-Five. The first one is that I've seen several on eBay wtih the blue ...
    Fleet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '69 Fleetwood Brougham, '76 Fleetwood Limousine

1976 Fleetwood Seventy-Five Mysteries

Two mysteries about the 1976 Fleetwood Seventy-Five.

The first one is that I've seen several on eBay wtih the blue rear compartment. According to the brochure, the rear seat for the Series Seventy-Five was crushed velour in dark blue or in black or a knit material in light gray.

Some of the ones I've seen for sale have a light blue interior.

Examples shown below... the dark blue from the brochure and one done in light blue. Maybe light blue was a special-order? Or a VERY faded dark blue (highly unlikely).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
    Two mysteries about the 1976 Fleetwood Seventy-Five.

The first one is that I've seen several on eBay wtih the blue rear compartment. According to the brochure, the rear seat for the Series Seventy-Five was crushed velour in dark blue or in black or a knit material in light gray.

Some of the ones I've seen for sale have a light blue interior.

Examples shown below... the dark blue from the brochure and one done in light blue. Maybe light blue was a special-order? Or a VERY faded dark blue (highly unlikely).
    I would guess the lighting when the picture was taken made the blue appear lighter. All of the trim appears to be the traditional mid/late 70's limousine blue interior color, which was the blue shade from all Cadillac models in 76 and 77.

My 79 deVille has a "burnished gold" interior which looks like a typical subtle Cadillac brown cloth although when I have photographed it in sunlight sometimes it looks like it is shimmering 24 karat gold!

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: 1976 Fleetwood Seventy-Five Mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    ... when I have photographed it in sunlight sometimes it looks like it is shimmering 24 carat gold!
    You better install some bright interior lights then!

Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    I would guess the lighting when the picture was taken made the blue appear lighter. All of the trim appears to be the traditional mid/late 70's limousine blue interior color, which was the blue shade from all Cadillac models in 76 and 77.

My 79 deVille has a "burnished gold" interior which looks like a typical subtle Cadillac brown cloth although when I have photographed it in sunlight sometimes it looks like it is shimmering 24 karat gold!
    Yes, very possible it's the lighting. But it sure is a big difference between the two! I don't know of any other answer than the lighting.

Here is the other mystery... the '75 and '76 Fleetwood Seventy-Fives shown in the brochure do not have chrome trim around the opera window but mine does. See photos below. Maybe it was an option but it's not mentioned in the brochure...

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

My guess on the interior is either the light thing or that maybe they did make some with a lighter interior if there was a reason like to fill a fleet order. It was a lot easier to get custom options back then.

The chrome on that back window is a hit and miss. Some have it and some don't. Maybe certain years have it and the brochure picture is a carry over or it was some option that added it.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

I also notice the vinyl is also on your doors, where the cars in the pictures don't.
    And you have the wreath around your key holes.
    And you seem to miss lettering on the front quarter panel...

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    I also notice the vinyl is also on your doors, where the cars in the pictures don't.
    And you have the wreath around your key holes.
    And you seem to miss lettering on the front quarter panel...
    Yes, vinyl on the rear doors. All the vinyl roof-equipped Seventy-Fives should have that. (It's hard to tell with the brochure photos I posed.)

I added the wreath around the keyholes.

The lettering was removed for the repaint; I have a few extras of those and will put them on eventually.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.