Cadillac Owners Forum banner

A Few Problems with my 69 Deville Convertible

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  70eldo 
#1 ·
Driver and passenger Door panels are cracked and split the are basically gorgeous red and white, Is there anyone out there who can fix them?
On mine the windshield wiper control is part of the driver side Door. Nothing works when I push the lever up,, never mind the washer button. Whats the best way to even get onto the Wiper Motor to check if it is still working. Also can anyone tell me were I can get a schematic for the wiring?
Thanks for any help you can give:)

#7 ·
Jiggle the whiper blade arm up and down a little and try again.
Mine refuse sometimes too. They work just fine after jiggling.

Also, I need to slide the switch to off veeery slowly, otherwise the blades keep dancing up and down from the park position when the switch is in off position.

#9 ·
Is Wieringa your last name?
It is a last name from the northeast of the Netherlands (Groningen/Friesland/Overijssel area)

BTW, justdashes.com in Van Nuys (CA) restore dashboards and doorpanels.

#12 ·
nice car and nice interior, like said before thats not likely original interior, so an upholstery shop will have to take a look or maybe if you know a mobile interior repair guy? I have a three inch tear in my 69 sedan deville and I work at a used car dealership and our mobile guy is going to try and fix the padding and cloth (why it ripped in the first place) so it wont wear out and allow the springs to tear the seat for $50 bucks, while an upholstery shop wanted 1k to redo the whole seat which is in like new condition exept the small tear and worn padding on the drivers side.

#13 ·
Nods. Cadillac had no "piped" accents yes the seats and back panels have been redone. However the color scheme is supposed to be original and so are the door panels. That's according to our local Cadillac dealer who did some research on the Vin Number. Would You believe it was delivered January 1969 in Billings Montana. A Convertible? I will be using it for Sunday drives and Parades maybe. Just something to keep alive...smiles

----------

and yes it is and so am I...smiles, But like a lot of dutch people the homeland gets way to crowded so we're all over the planet, Check it out Holland is one of the most densely populated country's on this planet, if not the one. more the 1100 per square mile. South Carolina just 27...smiles plenty of elbow room. Thanks for the Post

#14 ·
When reliable those 1969's are great long distance cruisers. Back in the seventies an aunt who lived in Scottsdale had a '69 Sedan de Ville that I would drive from there to L.A. occasionally for her. The seats were great and it was a real mile burner. Great Interstate car!

#17 ·
you're not kidding when I bought it I jumped in it and drove it 312 miles Home, Top dolwn portable CD player Blasting...grins and I will be 66 next Monday....
Hartelijk gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag nog!

Delayed Happy Birthday! Hope you had a nice day

#18 ·
Wow Dank u well
Thank you very much. I's a little rusty but at leas I can still read it and btw its coming along nicely Body panels needing replacing have been fabricated and welded in pllace. Anything bigger the a silver dollar had been cut out and replaced. A lot more work but then I believe if you do any job its worth doing your best. Next week it going to the paint shop sp maybe in 10 days I have some pictures The Door panels are at the "Bucket Stitch" in Greenville SC and it might be a while before I get those back. But their work and reputation is A1 so I wait

#19 ·
Looking out for the pictures and thanks for posting a reputative address for the door panels. Next big project will be the interior for me.

#24 ·
nope...

Reactions: CADforce69
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.