Cadillac Owners Forum banner

new guy.. 69 sedan deville build thread.

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SWEENDOG1969 
#1 ·
picked up this 1969 last week. interior is almost perfect. body straight with the exception of a few minor blemishes. runs great after new plugs, new gas, battery, and points. lowered it a few inches and been driving it all over town. fun car

i like the patina but the wife wants it white. undecided.

after lowered, stripped vinyl and painted top factory green with a ton of white pearl.

hubcaps back on and in the driveway.

hubcaps or not? while in this "patina" phase im not sure if i leave caps on or off. i like both.

thanks for checkin it out and opinions gladly accepted.

----------

pic of the day i got it had a problem uploading apparently.... try again

See less See more
#7 ·
yes, the springs are cut
No hubcaps... Did you cut the springs?

----------

No hubcaps... Did you cut the springs?
----------

that is the factory green color but i added quite a bit of white pearl to the clear. i like the color kinda minty.
So thats the exact factory color? Is it something like palmetto something or another? If so whenever I get mine in the body work/paint stage it is going to look sweet!

#10 ·
I would go with the factory color with the white pearl like the top....then have stock caps and w/w/w and maybe if you know a pin striper have em go to town. I have michelin suv tires on my cadilla because Its sort of my winter car. It doesnt look pretty but,it also doesnt get stuck.

----------

how was the area around the back window?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.