door panels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, door panels in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; New member, got a 76 sedan deville. needs door panels repaired. I'm located in so cal orange co. Need a ...
    JIMPA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1976 sedan deville

door panels

New member, got a 76 sedan deville. needs door panels repaired. I'm located in so cal orange co. Need a guy who can match orig color and pattern. Thanks to all. JIM

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JIMPA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1976 sedan deville

Re: door panels

next Question, Info on best way to remove panels.

carolinamic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1976 Cadillac Calais

I still kind of new around her myself, but i think that the door panel is only held on by a few screws. 1 behind the door handle and a few along the split.

cadillacbart is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 DeVille Convertible (current project)
    Probably some screws, and some clips around the perimeter of the panel. Also likely screws running through the armrests and door pulls into the door.
    See if you can find a shop manual for your year. You'll use it all the time.

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yeah like some have said for screws around the perimeter, some even add some over the years. When they are all out, lift up on the panel to remove it, to get it out of the grooves on top. The door pulls come off with the door panel and are screwed on backwards.

Corey468 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I couldn't ever find anything in the shop manual concerning door panel removal, but perhaps I missed it. In any event, I found this a while ago, http://1976eldorado.com/door-panel-removal/ . It's for an Eldorado, but I believe that the door panels are pretty similar to the RWD Cadillacs.

FoxRodder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 Coupe Deville, 87 Mustang, 00 Mustang

There is a place I found that specializes in repairing dash pads. I think they work on door panels and other stuff too. My door panels are damaged as well. They cracked in the middle while otherwise they are not in bad shape except for the gaping holes where it cracked in half.

http://www.justdashes.com/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.