M/C for Disk Brake conversion on a 63
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, M/C for Disk Brake conversion on a 63 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I wanna put disks on my 63 - bought a front & rear 'kit' from CPP but its back ordered ...
    JumboShrimp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 srx, '57 2 door sedan

M/C for Disk Brake conversion on a 63

I wanna put disks on my 63 - bought a front & rear 'kit' from CPP but its back ordered til ?? & they gave me the option to cancel the order.

That got me thinking (Always bad!) that I might save some money with the Scarebird stuff. I called and talked to Mark - very polite but asked me to use email for tech ?'s and he would send me the parts list for the conversion (front only) - will post if anyone wants to review it.

Looks simple enough & uses 12" rotors (plenty big). Cpp's kit has 13" rotors & a new Master with Prop valve but is it REALLY worth a GRAND?

So...

Has anyone done a scarebird conversion to a 63? and what did you use for a M/C. I'm sure there's an easy late model bolt in M/C out there, I just don't know where to start.

I will eventually do a rear conversion too but I don't want to turn this into a bigger project than it already is. I have a 500 for the car and will do a 9"/ 4-bar when I do the Monster Motor Swap.

JS

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vasili239 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1963 cadillac sedan deville
    Hey jumboshrimp I also am looking for a front disk brake kit. If you buy the kit from scarebird let me know how it works out

Neil Clarke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 76 Sedan Deville

Re: M/C for Disk Brake conversion on a 63

If the stock master cylinder is what I believe... 1" bore tandem circuit
    Why don't you just use the original cylinder and convert it to disc brakes by removing the residual line pressure valve located under the brass olive in the rear brake circuit. (larger outlet thread port) ?

Oh... and front one too... thought you just meant rear

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.