New guy here
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By Stevoreno
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, New guy here in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey folks. I just picked up a gently used '65 hardtop sedan deville today. $900. I didn't get any really ...
    Stevoreno is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1965 Sedan Deville hardtop

New guy here

Hey folks. I just picked up a gently used '65 hardtop sedan deville today. $900. I didn't get any really great bagain or anything, but me and my 15 year old will have fun getting rid of all that rust. Quarters are in really bad shape, as is the driver's side back door. The floors seem pretty solid and the trunk pan too, which is odd since you can look out of the trunk and see the driveway. But the frame is in good shape from what I can see so far (just brought it home three hours ago) and the thing runs fantastic. There's an oil leak somewhere. the top of the engine is pretty oily. Any ideas on that would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has a line on patch panels, or maybe a cheap donor with no motor or something, i'd love to hear about it. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Re: New guy here

Welcome! Sounds like a great project car! Share some pictures

As far as the oil leak near the top of the engine, give your valve cover gaskets a check. That would be my guess. Good luck!

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Welcome to the forum, Steve! This may be a great project. If you can do it by yourself this will probably be a good pruchase. Check http://www.usapartssupply.com/cadillac.php They have patch panels on their catalog.

Here you can find body and other parts in good condition: http://www.cadillacsonly.com/

Another source for used cadillac parts: http://www.cadillacville.com/

Post some pics when you have some time

Thanks fellas. I'm gonna go out and see if I can get a little trim pulled off before work. Thanks for the tips. I'll be checking that out.

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone has used Arizona Vintage Parts before. I'm sure they're a fine outfit,
    but I'd like to hear some opinions. It's just a lot of money for a mail order thing ya know?

FoxRodder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 Coupe Deville, 87 Mustang, 00 Mustang

Check out http://www.opgi.com/

I recently recieved my free catalog for caddies and they have a pretty decent selection of parts although more extensive for earlier models. My 68 is hit and miss and have yet to see any patch panels for it as mine is rotten in the quarters and fenders. I contacted one of those cadillac yards out west and they wanted an outrageous amount of money.

Yeah. I was given figures from $500 a side to $200 a side. I'm going with $200. Which isn't real bad
    considering its original sheet metal. I was warned away from OPG. Apparently if they don't have your sheet metal sitting on a shelf, you're apt to have your money tied up for months while they wait on their vendor. Plus I've read a lot about repro stuff having to be worked over a ton so it will fit. Not worth it to save $50 per side. I'm going with Arizona Vintage Parts I suppose. I'll let you know how it goes.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Please do. I have never heard anyone use them and if cheap and good, I may try them for a roof bottom for my 74 under the rear window.

1973_Eldorado is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1973 Eldorado convertible

Stevoreno, did you buy that car in Wood River, IL? I saw it on CL and was really wishing my driveway wasn't already full. Glad it went to someone who appreciates it for what it is. Would love some pics, thanks.

Yeah that's the car. It's not in real great shape, but we'll get it looking pretty good. It'll be a real cool first
    car for my kid, plus we get to do a project together. Still don't know about those wheels though. The boy
    really thinks they're cool though. I'll try to put up some pics when I get time to fool with it. It'll be neat to
    document our progress. Gotta figure out how to do pics on here first.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

It would be great to follow your restoration process with the shots you upload.

You can tick on the image icon on the upper menu when you are writting your post and upload the images from your computer using the forum server (limited number of pics uploaded).

You may also upload them to an external server like this: http://postimage.org/ selecting pics in your computer (or camera/card plugged to it), upload them and you will get the codes for your images. copy them ("hot link for forums" or "thumbnail for forums") and then paste them just after the text in your post.

Ok, well it's 1:18 am and I just got home from work, so this will be short for now. My patch panels came
    while I was at work. Just unpacked them , and I couldn't be happier with what I got. They cut out up into
    the fender skirt pocket well past the radius on both sides. I got the inner fender up to and including about
    four inches of the trunk floor. More than I need. I'm really happy and would recommend Arizona Vintage
    Parts to anyone. I've been getting some pictures, and I'll take some of my panels, and get them posted
    soon. Super excited.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.