Pics of my new to me 1960 Eldorado Biarritz...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Mmaturo
  • 2 Post By Mmaturo
  • 2 Post By talismandave
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, Pics of my new to me 1960 Eldorado Biarritz... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Too bad I'm 1100 miles away from it in Chicago and its waiting for me at an auto storage place ...
    Mmaturo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1960 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

Pics of my new to me 1960 Eldorado Biarritz...

Too bad I'm 1100 miles away from it in Chicago and its waiting for me at an auto storage place in Florida till I move down there. This summer there will be some quality time with it to get gauges working and transmission slight leak/drip taken care of...please tell me that does not cost much and its just a gasket...

Yes this is a different shade than an original Cadillac red color (car apparently was white at birth) but i like the previous owners choice. Its a driver not a fully restored perfect car and never will be but for weekend fun it will certainly work. Crappy pics but i only had 20 hours with it till I had to fly out and leave it.

60 Cadillac small image.JPG

60 Cadillac 7 small image.JPG

60 Cadillac 2 small image.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Re: Pics of my new to me 1960 Eldorado Biarritz...

Wow, man! Thatīs really gorgeus Iīm green with jealousy as my wettest dream is getting a 59-60 like that . Looks in really good condition at least as refers to body and interior.

Referring to transmission leaking, if the problem is oil pan gasket or rear seal itīs not a big deal (though pan gasket would mean an oil flush). Otherwise it means most likely to take transmission off. Most old cars leak by the front seal, what means also trans off. If itīs only a slight leak I would not go as far as that.

Good luck and I hope itīs an easy job.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Lovely car! Have fun with it!!!

FoxRodder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 Coupe Deville, 87 Mustang, 00 Mustang

Thats a hell of a car!

Thank you! She is a lovely whale. My wife knew she was in trouble when the guys selling it told me the paint color is an older volkswagen/audi color as ummm I also have 3 Audis. It had to go home with me. The exterior really is perfect, the guys that had done the exterior did a great job with it, all the brightwork is great except the little V and emblem at the tip of the hood so I will probably put on a reproduction piece. The interior is nice. Its unfortunately not leather but it looks really good so one day I may switch that out if the current setup wears or gets damaged. I have always wanted a 59 or 60 since I was a kid. My hometown had a vacuum cleaner store that for some reason the owner had both a 59 and a 60 2 door hardtop sitting outside chained to the ground for decades. I kinda hope they are still there to check out the 60 again. I went to the Mecum auctions for the first time in January and walked out with this. Just glad I knew it might happen and i measured my garage first in case I found one.
    CADforce69 and CADforce69 like this.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Gorgeous classic Cadillac. The pinnacle of Cadillac styling. That car is what comes to mind when I hear someone say Classic Cadillac.
    I think in the long run you will be glad it has cloth interior. Not only because they have a style and look of the period in time the car was built, but also because of comfort in Florida heat.

If you lined up pictures of just close ups of seats, you can identify the era from just the style of cloth. Leather, I love, but you lose a lot of individuality with it.

I love the fact you measured your garage. That was a trick they taught us selling cars, ask the person if it would fit in their garage....it was meant to have them envisioning it as theirs in their home.
    Backfired when I tried it on a guy buying a Suburban. Turns out it wouldn't.....lost that sale!

Enjoy the beautiful car and best of luck with the relocation.
    CADforce69 and CADforce69 like this.

lol, thanks! glad i did check first...that would have REALLY sucked. the 69 camaro convertible that was in the running certainly would fit but the Cadillac was too pretty to pass up

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Gorgeous classic Cadillac. The pinnacle of Cadillac styling. That car is what comes to mind when I hear someone say Classic Cadillac.
    I think in the long run you will be glad it has cloth interior. Not only because they have a style and look of the period in time the car was built, but also because of comfort in Florida heat.

If you lined up pictures of just close ups of seats, you can identify the era from just the style of cloth. Leather, I love, but you lose a lot of individuality with it.

I love the fact you measured your garage. That was a trick they taught us selling cars, ask the person if it would fit in their garage....it was meant to have them envisioning it as theirs in their home.
    Backfired when I tried it on a guy buying a Suburban. Turns out it wouldn't.....lost that sale!

Enjoy the beautiful car and best of luck with the relocation.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Can't wait to see more once you are re-united!

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

O
    M
    G

That is freakin' gorgeous!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.