My 1960 Cadillac. Anyone know what model this is?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, My 1960 Cadillac. Anyone know what model this is? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello friends. Just wondering if anyone knows what model my 1960 Caddy would be. I'm tired of trying to order ...
    stotzbotz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1960 Cadillac

My 1960 Cadillac. Anyone know what model this is?

Hello friends. Just wondering if anyone knows what model my 1960 Caddy would be. I'm tired of trying to order stuff for it and when the model comes up I have to look like a doofus. Is it a Fleetwood, a deville a 62 series? It's a 4 door hard top with the typical 390 engine. I will attempt to load an image or 2. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: My 1960 Cadillac. Anyone know what model this is?

No help but I couldn't resist jumping in to say what a beautiful piece of Cadillac history you have there. We have guys who will know who will jump in for you, but thank you for sharing your gorgeous Cadillac with us and welcome to the forum.

Dirtywaterdiver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 Convertible

I'd say a regular Series 62 since I see no Sedan deVille script on the rear fender. But for ordering parts it don't matter since they are all cosmetic differences.

The only real thing you need to know about a Caddy is, is it a front wheel Eldorado or a rear wheel Series. That's where you really need to worry when ordering parts.

very nice car BTW.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Congrats for your caddy, stotz. Itīs really gorgeus! There are not many surviving units of this kind.

I would say itīs a Sixty two Sedan Six Window:

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/cad...adillac/4.html

When you need some part you can say you have a Sedan de Ville (same body, different trim); you will only have to specify itīs a six window (opposed to the four window) for parts related to weatherstrips or glasses. http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/cad...adillac/5.html Only trim changes for Sixty two or De Ville so for trim you do need to specify itīs a sixty two.

All mechanical parts were the same for that year, just some of them depending on options equipping the car. Maybe some were different just for commercial chassis.

SKID_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1974 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

Very nice Cadillac !!

Maybe a VIN-Decoder can help.....

http://www.decodethis.com/Pattern-Details/id/53

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Looks like a Series 62 six-window sedan to me. Post up the car's data plate on the firewall and I cal tell you for sure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.