Pictures of my New 1956 Coupe de Ville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
The Classic Cadillac Forum Discussion, Pictures of my New 1956 Coupe de Ville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just got this New Year's Day. A good friend from the Peach State CLC saw it, called me and told ...
    Dollar Bill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Eldo ETC, 1956 CDV, 1958 Biarritz

Pictures of my New 1956 Coupe de Ville

Just got this New Year's Day. A good friend from the Peach State CLC saw it, called me and told me about it. Just what I wanted!

Got it the next day. Never would have moved this quickly without the wonderful support of CLC members!

About the closest to a frame-off restoration I have seen. Every nut and bolt has been replaced. Black powder coated above and below. Suspension, driveshaft, rear end. . . . I am planning a new paint job and some interrior work. The brown fabric is not right, but I got three yards of the correct fabric from SMS with the car.

The build sheet shows the lower paint is #20 Sonic Blue, the upper is #24 Tahoe blue. The interior trim is #44, Sonic blue. The car was "born" in April 1956. Need to have a Birthday party!

The spotlights are an option and say "Cadillac" on them. Even the spark plugs have "Cadillac" on them!

So here is my first vintage car. 1956 Coupe de Ville. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

New bumpers and a lot of new chrome

It is a LOOOOONNNNGGG car. Over 18'. Over 5,000 pounds. Rides beautifully, like a big blue cloud!

Each spotlight is can be controlled from the inside of the car. Can't wait to go to a drive-in move and shine these lights on the screen before the movie begins! I remember people doing this!

My wife, who loves the car as much as me, jokingly told a friend that the spotlights are so we can deliver pizza at night!!

It has a 1956 Georgia license plate. Legal, but have to carry the "real tag" in the trunk along with some paperwork.

The brown fabric is coming out and will be replaced with the correct The door panels are correct, the leather is about perfect and original. I am having so much fun driving her that I don't want to do this yet. All the power windows and power 6-way front seat are completely operational.

The bumper cones are supposed to represent artillary shells, but were more commonly called "Dagmars", a 1950s TV personality. Dagmar's physical attributes were further enhanced by low-cut gowns and the shape of her bra cups, which were somewhat conical. She was amused by the tribute.

The engine and bay is clean. Power steering, power brakes, 6 liter engine with a Carter four barrel carb. In 1956, Cadillac claimed this was the most powerful engine in production passenger car in the world.

Alternator that looks like a generator. New battery. Everything works except the windshield wipers and I am working on them.

The underneath is as clean as the engine.

One of our spaniels, Gunther, rode him with me when I brough her home.

Hope you have enjoyed seeing pictures of "Baby Blue."
    Bro-Ham, Bro-Ham, 77CDV and 9 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lovemycadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Superior Hearse, 1990 Sedan deVille, 2001 ESC
    Congratulations, just beautiful!

A 1956 is definitely on my bucket list as a Cadillac I must own someday. Surely you will have many years of enjoyment with this car. Please be sure to share new photos when the interior corrections are completed.

CADforce69 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Sedan de Ville 1969, Dodge 3700GT '73, Audi A3 1.8T

Re: Pictures of my New 1956 Coupe de Ville

Congrats, Bill! This car is simply perfect Maybe they had to leave these wrong fabric to let you do the last thing to reach perfection. Thatīs getting it right the first time. Hope you enjoy it for many years.
    Dollar Bill and Dollar Bill like this.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

what a great looking car Bill. I love those 50s caddies , especially the mid 50s.
    the brown upholstery confuses me though. It doesn't seem to really fit with the cars color scheme

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

I am insanely jealous right now! What a gorgeous car! Can't wait to see it with the correct upholstery. Enjoy!

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Smile

Beautiful!!! What a car!!!

It doesn't fit. Perhaps one of the previous owners had this done. Perhaps they couldn't find the right fabric. The correct color is black with small starbursts.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Gorgeous car Bill. Thank you for sharing the beauty with us. We don't get many around here that are older than the 60's. Nice to see a truly historic Cadillac design.

I also have to mention that the photo with the spots and headlights on is perhaps the greatest pics ever! I have seen people selling framed art photos that didn't look as cool as that!

I hope you and the wife have lots of fun and many carefree miles in that rolling time capsule. Gunther seem to be enjoying it already!

I suppose the only thing left for you other than the interior is to change your screen name to Dollar-less Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    what a great looking car Bill. I love those 50s caddies , especially the mid 50s.
    the brown upholstery confuses me though. It doesn't seem to really fit with the cars color scheme
    The brown doesn't fit. Perhaps one of the previous owners had this done. Perhaps they couldn't find the right fabric. The correct color is black with small starbursts. Hard to photograph, the fabric is very reflective.

My hand to show approximate size

Door Panels and seatbacks are already done.

scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

looks fantastic this body style is going to be sitting in my garage someday! But first have to get the garage built! i know you said the brown is not right but i think it looks pretty good!

FoxRodder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 Coupe Deville, 87 Mustang, 00 Mustang

Thing looks like you had to ride back with Marty Mcfly to pick it up holy immaculate batman!

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006

Nice coupe. That old oil breather coming out the bottom brings back some memories!

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Gorgeous car Bill. Thank you for sharing the beauty with us. We don't get many around here that are older than the 60's. Nice to see a truly historic Cadillac design.

I also have to mention that the photo with the spots and headlights on is perhaps the greatest pics ever! I have seen people selling framed art photos that didn't look as cool as that!

I suppose the only thing left for you other than the interior is to change your screen name to Dollar-less Bill!
    I did a little work on the spotlight picture. Just for fun.

muted the color and removed the lines where the hood meets the fenders.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Mr. Warhol, your car is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollar Bill View Post
    I did a little work on the spotlight picture. Just for fun.

muted the color and removed the lines where the hood meets the fenders.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

Ahed Karmoul is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Perfect Man

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.