Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Value - 1969 Deville Convertible w/63,000 mi

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  DouglasJRizzo 
#1 ·
My Mother owns a 1969 Deville Convertible that my recently deceased Father had purchased in 1980. She moved to FL permanently in October and wants to sell it because she has no need for the car. I'd like to make a reasonable offer so I can 'keep it in the Family' *if* the cost to correct some issues is not too much.

The car is in very good shape. Mechanical items include: (1) 2 bad cylinders not firing, (2) needs back brakes, (3) grille needs slight repair, (4) inside HVAC vent needs replaced, and (5) drivers side door jamb needs fixed. The interior is in very good shape, no tears in leather.

Any thoughts concerning value if:
1. As-is, where-is.
2. Correct mechanical issues (1) and (2) above and minor issues noted above.

Some photos:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Classic
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Classic car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part

See less See more
#2 ·
I always believe that eBay gives you a pretty good idea of what a fair condition car is actually worth, as opposed to what the book says. If you do a search for a 1969 deville on eBay at the moment, you can see that there are examples around $5000 - $10000, the most recent one that sold went for $8800 with allegedly no faults - discount that for the faults you describe and the 'family discount' and I don't think you would be doing her a disservice at between $4000 and $5000.

Just me 2c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.